Reload this Page >

Health Insurance

Health Insurance

Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

susette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health Insurance

Hi there,

Just wondered whether anyone has done any research into Health Insurance over here.

My husband and I arrive in Perth 6 months ago, and loving it, but we've been told it would be wise to take out some health insurance.

Can anyone recommend a good company?

Is there anything we should be aware of / look out for?

Thanks

Susette

Old Jan 29th 2004, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Hi Susette

There are so many which loads of options, We are with SGIO but only have the ancillary cover. They seem fine though and payed up for my dental claim quickly (they just credited my credit card which was quite simple).

Happy hunting

Diane
Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:58 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

susette, try this website, it has comparisons between all the different companies

Iselect

Hope this helps
Old Jan 29th 2004, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember that some health funds don’t participate in iSelect, e.g. MBF which is one of the biggest. So worth checking with the others directly.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 2:27 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dracupg
I remember that some health funds don’t participate in iSelect, e.g. MBF which is one of the biggest. So worth checking with the others directly.
Gordon, absolutely correct, MBF & Medibank Private arent included. My oversight

Medibank Private

MBF

We are with AXA/HBA, they are fairly average, we get it as part of Dagboys package, so we just go with the flow.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 2:37 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Did lots of research before we came and |I really do think that money for value Australian Unity is the best bet
www.australianunity.com.au
Very helpful and speak in words you can understand as compared to the UK verbage.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 7:07 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance

Originally posted by susette
Hi there,

Just wondered whether anyone has done any research into Health Insurance over here.

My husband and I arrive in Perth 6 months ago, and loving it, but we've been told it would be wise to take out some health insurance.

Can anyone recommend a good company?

Is there anything we should be aware of / look out for?

Thanks

Susette

I did loads of research and it was bloody complicated. Everyone offers something different and it's hard to compare.

You also have a lot of new thing to understand like scheduled fees and gap payments, co-payments as well as things we all understand like premiums and excess.

HBF is very popular in Perth as it's a local company.

In the end I threw all my research away as it was too complicated and went for Medibank Private as they are the biggest.