Health....

Old Apr 30th 2006, 7:57 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Health....

Hi folks,
i just wanted a couple of things checking....if poss..
I've had HIV tests done before..(negatives thankfully)..due to having babies...(its procedure for c sections)
Do they get counted or do i do test again?
Also I have a very mild clotting problem, I'm sure i've had a hep b jab because of it...incase i ever needed a transfusion..would this go against me?

Also, off the health topic, 3 of my lil people are from my first marriage. they dont have any contact at all with their natural father, havnt for 6 n half years. would a letter from solicitor be enough for DIMA or do i need to go to court for consent to take them to OZ to live?
Hope someone can give me a clue,
Many thanks,
Kat xxxx
Old Apr 30th 2006, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health....

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Hi folks,
i just wanted a couple of things checking....if poss..
I've had HIV tests done before..(negatives thankfully)..due to having babies...(its procedure for c sections)
Do they get counted or do i do test again?
Also I have a very mild clotting problem, I'm sure i've had a hep b jab because of it...incase i ever needed a transfusion..would this go against me?

Also, off the health topic, 3 of my lil people are from my first marriage. they dont have any contact at all with their natural father, havnt for 6 n half years. would a letter from solicitor be enough for DIMA or do i need to go to court for consent to take them to OZ to live?
Hope someone can give me a clue,
Many thanks,
Kat xxxx

Hi Kat.

You will definitely need to have another HIV test. This needs to be done by the panel doctor. Don't know about the other thing. Although I shouldn't imagine it would. Just be honest on the form and try to get some sort of letter from your doctor to explain what it is, how it affects you etc.

For the kids, as far as I know, you will need a court order to remove the kids from the country. A stat dec may be fine, but I would think you need to prove you have tried everything to get in touch with the other parent unsuccessfully.

There are other people on here with a lot more knowledge of this than me though, so I'm sure someone will be able to tell you the exact procedure.

Good luck
Wendy
Old Apr 30th 2006, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

georgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the rough

On the subject of medicals, we had to go through the whole deal less than one year ago for USA. This involved much more stringent TB checks but we also had X-rays taken at that time. Does anyone know how long you have on chest rads, I was thinking we could save some money (and XS radiation!) by getting copies from our USA panel Doc (who, of course is not an Oz panel Doc..that would be too straight forward!)

For all of you who think the Oz medical is a worry, let me tell you a quick story about our USA encounters. Despite costing over 2,000USD, they also subject you to a TB skin test which involves injecting some of an inactivated Tb bacterium under your skin. You then have to report back to the panel doctor in two days (tough poo if you drove 500 miles round trip to get there in the first place and have to go to work in the interim!). A positive skin test, which of course both my hubby and I had, meant we had to go on NINE months of bloody antibiotic therapy (No drink..ha, yeh right) and also have medication signed off thrice weekly by your employer who had to witness you taking it. The ridiculous part about this, despite our protestations, is we have been vaccinated as per the UK school system guidelines...this in itself means we have circulating antibodies against TB so of course we are going to be positive. Its also meant a blood test every month at the local health centre...what a fart on! Land of the free.......mmmmmmmm!

Anyhow, please reassure me the Oz meds are not quite as mad!
Old May 1st 2006, 7:14 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by georgiagal
On the subject of medicals, we had to go through the whole deal less than one year ago for USA. This involved much more stringent TB checks but we also had X-rays taken at that time. Does anyone know how long you have on chest rads, I was thinking we could save some money (and XS radiation!) by getting copies from our USA panel Doc (who, of course is not an Oz panel Doc..that would be too straight forward!)

For all of you who think the Oz medical is a worry, let me tell you a quick story about our USA encounters. Despite costing over 2,000USD, they also subject you to a TB skin test which involves injecting some of an inactivated Tb bacterium under your skin. You then have to report back to the panel doctor in two days (tough poo if you drove 500 miles round trip to get there in the first place and have to go to work in the interim!). A positive skin test, which of course both my hubby and I had, meant we had to go on NINE months of bloody antibiotic therapy (No drink..ha, yeh right) and also have medication signed off thrice weekly by your employer who had to witness you taking it. The ridiculous part about this, despite our protestations, is we have been vaccinated as per the UK school system guidelines...this in itself means we have circulating antibodies against TB so of course we are going to be positive. Its also meant a blood test every month at the local health centre...what a fart on! Land of the free.......mmmmmmmm!

Anyhow, please reassure me the Oz meds are not quite as mad!
I believe you have to have repeat x-rays if they were not done within the previous six months. This was my gripe too, as we had ours done in the UK in June 2005 for our 457, but had to have them repeated in March 2006 for our PR visa application.