Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Heading to Perth!!!

Heading to Perth!!!

Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Ali-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant future
Default Heading to Perth!!!

Was granted 175 visa in July; after over 5 months of grant am heading over to Perth in a week's time. Let's see how things treat me down under! Have been applying for jobs but the response from most of the recruiters has been that I need toi be physically there first.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:26 am
native West Aussie

Genevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant future
Default Re: Heading to Perth!!!

Congratulations, that's great news!!

Not sure what line of work you're looking for, but the WA state government is a big employer - check out the website:
http://www.jobs.wa.gov.au/

www.seek.com.au is another good one.

Good luck!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Ali-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant futureAli-Syed has a brilliant future

Thanks for the post...

well I am a telecom engineer by profession...

and have over eight years of experience in telecom operators/vendors
Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

M_IT_and_F_Nurse-26yrOld is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats...

the best advice i can give you, is to research companies and use WA.gov jobs, stay away from SEEK, esp with your line of career...

Its full of waste of time agencies who dont really give a damn about the person applying, also some are in the "fishing game", well most to be honest. When i say fishing game, they advertise jobs which do not exist... They then fish out companies, charge them a fortune and in the end, no one wins... Been there, got the t-shirt, got p@@@ed off..

Good luck, i am sure you will do well..
Old Nov 25th 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by M_IT_and_F_Nurse-26yrOld
congrats...

the best advice i can give you, is to research companies and use WA.gov jobs, stay away from SEEK, esp with your line of career...

Its full of waste of time agencies who dont really give a damn about the person applying, also some are in the "fishing game", well most to be honest. When i say fishing game, they advertise jobs which do not exist... They then fish out companies, charge them a fortune and in the end, no one wins... Been there, got the t-shirt, got p@@@ed off..

Good luck, i am sure you will do well..
Thanks for your advice. I've been applying through Seek mostly. However I have researched the addresses of other Western Australian recruiters; and I plan to personally visit them once I am there. I'll try to locate other agencies and visit WA govt as well. Lets see how things turn out; but I am confident that I can get a job related to my experience in WA.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Been to Sydney in 2002! I believe Sydney is the most vibrant city of Australia; but this time I have decided to opt for Perth after a lot of thinking. Lets see how things turn out to be!
Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

M_IT_and_F_Nurse-26yrOld is an unknown quantity at this point

Not saying you wont, esp as you have required skills, just saying that the ICT "fishers" are more a less a bunch of numptys with other agendas. Just dont waste your time with the likes of HAYES and ChoiceOne... Trillogy and apple rec are two of the best that i worked with. Honest, upfront and not full of s$&%e
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your insight. Well the experience I have with Hays is similar to what you have described. I'll check Trillogy and Apple rec. as well.