Hay Fever

Old May 11th 2009, 8:31 am
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default Hay Fever

Hi guys this is probbaly a silly question

My Daughter suffers from Hay Fever is this a big problem is Oz.
Old May 11th 2009, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hay Fever

Originally Posted by mickpower75
Hi guys this is probbaly a silly question

My Daughter suffers from Hay Fever is this a big problem is Oz.
Yep, it's a silly question: If whatever triggers your daughters hayfever grows in Oz, she'll still have hayfever. If not, she may not have hayfever. And/or she may have some new things that trigger hayfever. Like in the UK, you can buy OTC products at the chemist to help with the symptoms.
Old May 11th 2009, 9:33 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
Yep, it's a silly question: If whatever triggers your daughters hayfever grows in Oz, she'll still have hayfever. If not, she may not have hayfever. And/or she may have some new things that trigger hayfever. Like in the UK, you can buy OTC products at the chemist to help with the symptoms.
I never had hayfever until I arrived in Australia. Now I get it in both the UK and Oz.
Old May 11th 2009, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

shoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the rough

Depends where you go I suppose. My brother has hayfever and asthma all his childhood and early adulthood growing up and living in New Zealand.

He moved to Melbourne and its all but disappeared, he only gets when he goes back to NZ or used to visit me in Sydney (when I was living there).
Old May 12th 2009, 12:55 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

I had really bad hayfever in Scotland- at least 5 months of the year. I've been just outside Perth since the Jan and haven't been bothered once. But it all depends on what type of pollen your daughter is allergic to - with me it is tree pollen! My husband is troubled with grass pollen, but he has been fine too!
Old May 12th 2009, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

No such thing as a silly question! there are different pollens here which can cause people different problems, ie if its grass, well she will still get it (unless she goes to adelaide cos its all dead) I have been betetr here cos those blossomy trees are my worse thing and they don't seem the same here...
Old May 12th 2009, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

My OH has chronic hayfever and it kicked off in some style when we went to Mornington in Melbourn. We spoke to a pharmacist who said that it was the hayfever capital of Victoria apparently - so may be an idea to avoid there!
Old May 13th 2009, 8:07 am
Just Joined

benny02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have suffered from hayfever all my life, but since moving to Sydney i havent seem to had it half as bad. I did notice that the hayfever tablets over here seem to be alot more expensive than back in the UK.