Reload this Page >

havnt posted for a while

Wikiposts

havnt posted for a while

Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default havnt posted for a while

and look what happens when i go away the forum changes!!!

anyway just a quick update, been here 3 months now and have changed my job again but better place and less work

we are all starting to settle down now the first couple of months were a roller coaster ride, the homesickness kicked in good and proper and we had a few ups and many downs but that is starting to pass

the weather is starting to turn and the warmth is now coming through now, its not how i imagined it to be especially with a 17 year old who left all his own mates at home and everyone does not finish school here until 18 so getting a social life and a job has been hard but now he has made some good mates, plays soccer for a local teram and went for an interview today (got down to the final 3 out of 30)

me and des are still enjoying it although i have put on half a stone with all the good living and the variety of foods here

adelaide is a lovely place very multi cultural and buzzing still to find a decent local without pokies but have found one place which is fast becomming our local (and no pokies)

dont know where i would have been without the adelaide brits over here so if your coming this way you will be welcommed with opened arms and guided into the light

so far the right desicion has been made but only time will tell

arlene
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:41 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: havnt posted for a while

We had the same trouble with our 17yr old when we came to nz he did go back to school but hated it and made our lives a misery for a while but now he,s got a job and loads of mates, Im very jealous .
Glad your settling in now and have a better job
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:00 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: havnt posted for a while

Originally Posted by arlene
and look what happens when i go away the forum changes!!!

anyway just a quick update, been here 3 months now and have changed my job again but better place and less work

we are all starting to settle down now the first couple of months were a roller coaster ride, the homesickness kicked in good and proper and we had a few ups and many downs but that is starting to pass

the weather is starting to turn and the warmth is now coming through now, its not how i imagined it to be especially with a 17 year old who left all his own mates at home and everyone does not finish school here until 18 so getting a social life and a job has been hard but now he has made some good mates, plays soccer for a local teram and went for an interview today (got down to the final 3 out of 30)

me and des are still enjoying it although i have put on half a stone with all the good living and the variety of foods here

adelaide is a lovely place very multi cultural and buzzing still to find a decent local without pokies but have found one place which is fast becomming our local (and no pokies)

dont know where i would have been without the adelaide brits over here so if your coming this way you will be welcommed with opened arms and guided into the light

so far the right desicion has been made but only time will tell

arlene

Hi Arlene,

We are coming over to have a look around ADL on September 26th! I cant wait. We will be staying at the Stamford Grand in Glenelg.....it was mentioned by I think Elaine on ADL Brits that someone over there will arrange a night out or something so we can meet a few of you!

Lucy