Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Having a swimming pool in Melbourne - what are the costs?

Having a swimming pool in Melbourne - what are the costs?

Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:01 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Default Having a swimming pool in Melbourne - what are the costs?

Hi All,
Just wondering how much its going to cost to maintain an outdoor pool in Melbourne. Any info on maintenance would be great.
Thanks,
Irish Gal
Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Having a swimming pool in Melbourne - what are the costs?

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Hi All,
Just wondering how much its going to cost to maintain an outdoor pool in Melbourne. Any info on maintenance would be great.
Thanks,
Irish Gal
It's totally irresponsible to even consider a pool in such a drought stricken area. I can't answer your question I just wonder if you have considered the environmental costs.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:11 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hereshoping
It's totally irresponsible to even consider a pool in such a drought stricken area. I can't answer your question I just wonder if you have considered the environmental costs.
yawn.

Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:12 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Thanks,
Irish Gal
ps - I'm not sure of the costs either.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Just out of intrest do you have an existing pool or are you in process of having one built?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:59 am
ABCDiamond

Not sure about Melbourne, but up here in SEQLD, my maintenance costs were $254 for 2007/08, and I did have algae problems during that time.

This year, the first 6 months came to $71.

These costs are for Acid and Chlorine.
Pump running costs?, not sure as it is mixed with general electric costs.

I assume you have a water tank to collect the rain from your roof, and avoid, what was the word, environmental costs

Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:11 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

hereshoping - For your information, the house we have bought already has one - and we didn't buy it for that reason Cheers!

Thanks for the other comments guys . I appreciate you getting back to me. It wasn't something we were looking for - but the house is in the right area, perfect size and good price so we couldn't knock it back .
All the best
Irish Gal
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:12 am
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I assume you have a water tank to collect the rain from your roof, and avoid, what was the word, environmental costs

What rain I'm praying for some - Seriously!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

In the current temperatures down there, a pool will a) cool you down cheaply and b) be an excellent source of water should there be a bush fire anywhere close - enjoy.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

Originally Posted by asprilla
yawn.

Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

get a life
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Hi All,
Thanks,
Irish Gal
abut $300 a year will post a pic of mine
Attached Thumbnails Having a swimming pool in Melbourne - what are the costs?-rob-marie-014.jpg  
Old Feb 6th 2009, 7:11 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robert cowan
abut $300 a year will post a pic of mine
Just out of curiosity, is that by any chance a Moroccan from Leisure pools ?

We are having one fitted at this moment. Looks good.

BTW, ours is being fitted next to our FULL 24,500ltr water tank to lessen the enviromental costs.