Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Having such a good time in the UK may not want to go to Aus anymore

Having such a good time in the UK may not want to go to Aus anymore

Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:13 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Having such a good time in the UK may not want to go to Aus anymore

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Wombat, Normally i can see where you are coming from, with your retorts and criticism's of peoples posts. This time you are just showing plain ignorance.

Why do you think Paul Keating, and many others have said that Australia is stuck at the arse end of the world ?

Unfortunately for us it is, and you with this answer have just proven you are too dumb to realise that.

Thats nothing against Australia just it's location.

To use an Australanism back right at yah

'YOU IDIOT'
Keating was peeved at not becoming Emperor Napoleon IV and had to settle for a collection of Second Empire clocks ticking away the time as he spent as the world's greatest Treasurer languishing at the arse end of the world.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tonyclark
Hi mate, Claire and I also went on a jolly to London (the weekend of Sandown), we went to meet you guys on the way back from London to Neath. Had a great time. WIsh someone had told me about the Congestion charge...we saw the signs when we drove in saying Were now in the Zone, but we thought (stupid i know) that we would receive a bill for 5 pounds...imgaine my horror when last week i got a bill for 50 pounds, because we didnt pay it in London when we were there nobody told us, im not a Londonite, so how would I know!! complained but they could care less!!
Anyway, yes ive got loads planned this yr before we go to OZ, im going to get a tatoo :scared: , im going on an 18-30 holiday in the summer (yes im 37), i went on a rollercoaster and a very high water ride at Oakwood at the weekend (i dont do rides), so im living life on the edge so yes im with you on that one. Good luck, and thanks for some sound advice at the sandown meet. Tara Tony and Claire
if you get that tattoo before your meds it'll cost you an extra hundred quid. or at least that's what my husband's tiny little moment of madness cost. why not try a parachute jump instead?
Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:42 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by ahoy
if you get that tattoo before your meds it'll cost you an extra hundred quid. or at least that's what my husband's tiny little moment of madness cost. why not try a parachute jump instead?

Why's that? The extra blood test should be around about 20quid if thats what you're referring too? Skydiving is always fun though
Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Why's that? The extra blood test should be around about 20quid if thats what you're referring too? Skydiving is always fun though
yeah, i thought that doctor looked a bit relaxed and well dressed. it was £100, credit card bled when i paid.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:49 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

yeah, i thought that doctor looked a bit relaxed and well dressed. it was £100, credit card bled when i paid.

Ouch!! I had one of the two extra Hep tests (for a piercing) and my whole medical inc. xray was only about 140quid - think there should be a set price for all DIMIA doc's really.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:55 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Wombat, Normally i can see where you are coming from, with your retorts and criticism's of peoples posts. This time you are just showing plain ignorance.

Why do you think Paul Keating, and many others have said that Australia is stuck at the arse end of the world ?

Unfortunately for us it is, and you with this answer have just proven you are too dumb to realise that.

Thats nothing against Australia just it's location.

To use an Australanism back right at yah

'YOU IDIOT'
If you don't like OZ's location then stop whinging about it and go home, you Idiot. Oz might be the arse end of the world but its at the nice arse end.
l consider Europe the arse end of the world because thats where most of the worlds pollution is excreted, is'nt that the role of an arse.

Last edited by wombat42; Mar 30th 2005 at 5:06 pm.

Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Ouch!! I had one of the two extra Hep tests (for a piercing) and my whole medical inc. xray was only about 140quid - think there should be a set price for all DIMIA doc's really.
couldn't agree more. ever since we had them done i've seen loads of threads where people seem to have paid less than the 280 for my husband and 180 for myself, same again for daughter. rip off. it only took 30 mins and i nearly choked on my free hot chocolate when the doctor told us she only does this as a retirement hobby! they didn't even courier the results. well its done now and seem to be ok. we're just waiting for a second assurer since we discovered belatedly that one can only assure two people.

something else to do before you go; drive down to the loire and visit some caves (the wine sort not the holes in the ground). get drunk on tasting (don't be the one driving) and bring home loads. drink it all before you go to oz.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:07 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

couldn't agree more. ever since we had them done i've seen loads of threads where people seem to have paid less than the 280 for my husband and 180 for myself, same again for daughter. rip off. it only took 30 mins and i nearly choked on my free hot chocolate when the doctor told us she only does this as a retirement hobby! they didn't even courier the results. well its done now and seem to be ok. we're just waiting for a second assurer since we discovered belatedly that one can only assure two people.

Ah you see, there was your mistake "free hot chocolate"; weren't you ever told that nothing in life is free... obviously that hot choccie had a price tag of 80quid a cup on it somewhere
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Ah you see, there was your mistake "free hot chocolate"; weren't you ever told that nothing in life is free... obviously that hot choccie had a price tag of 80quid a cup on it somewhere
thanks. that helps a lot. i no longer feel i've been done. can you do anything about the ever increasing feeling i have in this country that there are a whole bunch of people in suits somewhere sitting round a table thinking to themselves, 'right. what else can we charge them for? how about convincing everybody that carrier bags with a logo on make them cool and are worth paying a fiver for?'
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:16 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

thanks. that helps a lot. i no longer feel i've been done. can you do anything about the ever increasing feeling i have in this country that there are a whole bunch of people in suits somewhere sitting round a table thinking to themselves, 'right. what else can we charge them for? how about convincing everybody that carrier bags with a logo on make them cool and are worth paying a fiver for?'
Unfortunately no, but don't worry, I know how you feel. I got my medicals done, was told he thought I might have a heart defect. Got referred to a very reliable cardiologist, who happened to be a friend "we play golf together you know", only to be told, two trips and over three hundred quid later, that actually I'm extremely healthy, the noise that they thought was a hole in my heart, was just my heart pumping blood around strongly.... hope they enjoyed a decent 19th hole on me hey
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Unfortunately no, but don't worry, I know how you feel. I got my medicals done, was told he thought I might have a heart defect. Got referred to a very reliable cardiologist, who happened to be a friend "we play golf together you know", only to be told, two trips and over three hundred quid later, that actually I'm extremely healthy, the noise that they thought was a hole in my heart, was just my heart pumping blood around strongly.... hope they enjoyed a decent 19th hole on me hey
lol! how much did you say your meds were? one way, or another, they're gonna getchya, getchya, getchya, getchya. you really made me laugh there. thanks. beware the logo bearing carrier bags.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
If you don't like OZ's location then stop whinging about it and go home, you Idiot. Oz might be the arse end of the world but its at the nice arse end.
l consider Europe the arse end of the world because thats where most of the worlds pollution is excreted, is'nt that the role of an arse.
LOL I've got to admit, Europe is one thing I do miss about being here, You ever been, I think it is a lot more intersting than our closest neighbours Bali, and NZ

But given a choice, I would rather 'live and work' here than anywhere in europe. Given the ultimate choice, I reckon living on the QE2 for a while would be even better though.