Reload this Page >

Having problems getting an Oz visa?

Wikiposts

Having problems getting an Oz visa?

Old Apr 27th 2004, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Innyjim
How about Traffic Warden ?!! You've probably got all the social skills required from your cop days ??!!
Let me know where you'll be parked InnyJim and I might just consider it.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

morganj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rossifumi
Mate, it was reported on Sky News that it would cost approx £15m for her lifetime in Australia.
Thanks mate.....not that I want to re-ignite this discussion but what how much is the cost of a bullet?

Ouch! I'm just kidding....no, really I am.

No hate mail please.

Right, I'm off to sit on an already wobbly fence. Who wants to join me?!? And yes, the beers on me! Don't believe me:

Told you.

It's a crazy world we live in!!!
Old Apr 27th 2004, 3:36 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
Throughout this whole thread my biggest question is why didn't this many people reply to my thread about "amateur soccer teams in Perth"? C'mon, lets put this whole thing in perspective and start dealing with the important issues... What have we become, I ask you all????
Beats me too. Who knows why a thread takes off?
I don't like the way some of these threads develop either.
G
Old Apr 27th 2004, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

A friend of my missus occasionally works in HM Holloway prison and has met Carr. Apparantly she is not the ogre the press makes her out to be. Huntley was the evil one.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future
Default Maxine Carr

The alibi Maxine Carr provided for Ian Huntley after he murdered (and no doubt sexually assaulted) the two Soham girls was not the first occasion she had done such. Previous rape charges were dropped after another Carr alibi. Huntley was arrested for 5 rapes and a number of child assaults. It is hard to believe that Carr could have been completely unaware of his reputation when they applied for jobs at the school.

She is currently being prosecuted for major benefit fraud and her mother for intimidating a witness from the Soham trial.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:16 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Referee, plagiarism, help me out here!!!
Attached Images  
Old Apr 27th 2004, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Originally posted by rossifumi
Referee, plagiarism, help me out here!!!

Sorry I didn't read the entire thread so didn't know you had already made these points.

Carr deserves no sympathy.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:04 am

Hey mate, no problem I was only joking, glad to see your post.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:39 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ossigeno
Carr deserves no sympathy.
Depends what you mean by 'no sympathy'. Certainly she did a couple of bad/ illegal things (the false alibis/ the cover-up/ the prolonging of the familys' grief etc) but she got a minor prison sentence because her offence was minor. She deserved what she got. But her offence was minor. (Not to minimise the grief she caused.)

But it's over. She did her sentence. No more revenge/ retribution is called for, though she'll have to live with her crime for the rest of her life.

If by 'no sympathy' you mean you feel that she shouldn't be given some help in getting on with the rest of her life away from the people who clearly want to harm her now she's out of prison, then you must believe that she should be punished more or even harmed by society's vigilantes to 'make her pay'.

I thought we had a legal/ justice system to take these rash thoughts/ mob punishments away from those led by the heart/ emotions?

In Maxine Carr's case, justice has (nearly) been done, she has served a sentence appropriate to her crime. She wasn't a party to the murder of the poor two young Soham girls. The murderer was Ian Huntley.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maxine Carr

Originally posted by ossigeno
The alibi Maxine Carr provided for Ian Huntley after he murdered (and no doubt sexually assaulted) the two Soham girls was not the first occasion she had done such. Previous rape charges were dropped after another Carr alibi. Huntley was arrested for 5 rapes and a number of child assaults. It is hard to believe that Carr could have been completely unaware of his reputation when they applied for jobs at the school.

She is currently being prosecuted for major benefit fraud and her mother for intimidating a witness from the Soham trial.
And everyone please remember that these particular murders would not have happened without the unwitting help of the system (or lack thereof) in place which allowed all Huntley's previous details of arrests and charges to be wiped and not available when he applied for the caretakers job!! (Tony, I'm not trying to 'bash' the police again I'm stating the blindingly obvious and the Soham Inquiry came to the same conclusion - lessons hopefully will be learned).

OzTennis
Old Apr 28th 2004, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by OzTennis
And everyone please remember that these particular murders would not have happened without the unwitting help of the system (or lack thereof) in place which allowed all Huntley's previous details of arrests and charges to be wiped and not available when he applied for the caretakers job!! (Tony, I'm not trying to 'bash' the police again I'm stating the blindingly obvious and the Soham Inquiry came to the same conclusion - lessons hopefully will be learned).

OzTennis
No offence taking Oz Tennis, as the great crooner Sinatra once unfortunately sang "That's Life".

Now if we can just clear up the Iraq problem, Israel/Palestine, who killed JFK/Diana (who cares), Beckhams alleged infidelity (ditto) and WHAT was in that briefcase at the end of Pulp Fiction, we can return to the normality of dicussing stat decs, police/medical checks and which city in Oz is best - hope I haven't started something here!!!

As for me, I am ex-police because I wanted a simple life, so if anyone knows of any jobs for trained gardeners going in Perth then please let me know.

Cheers
Old Apr 28th 2004, 9:27 am

Here here! After all there is the 'Take it Outside!' forum for this stuff ain't there.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
No offence taking Oz Tennis, as the great crooner Sinatra once unfortunately sang "That's Life".

Now if we can just clear up the Iraq problem, Israel/Palestine, who killed JFK/Diana (who cares), Beckhams alleged infidelity (ditto) and WHAT was in that briefcase at the end of Pulp Fiction, we can return to the normality of dicussing stat decs, police/medical checks and which city in Oz is best - hope I haven't started something here!!!

As for me, I am ex-police because I wanted a simple life, so if anyone knows of any jobs for trained gardeners going in Perth then please let me know.

Cheers

Mike has a lot to answer for - taunting those struggling for a visa with the ease with which Carr could get one eh? Yep, back to what this forum is best for!

OzTennis
Old Apr 28th 2004, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

But it's over. She did her sentence. No more revenge/ retribution is called for, though she'll have to live with her crime for the rest of her life.

If by 'no sympathy' you mean you feel that she shouldn't be given some help in getting on with the rest of her life away from the people who clearly want to harm her now she's out of prison, then you must believe that she should be punished more or even harmed by society's vigilantes to 'make her pay'.
You seem to have more sympathy for ex crims than victims of crime. Maybe she wasn't procescuted for more serious offences because they didn't have enough evidence rather than her being totally innocent of the more serious crimes.
Save your pity for victims who are terrorised by gangs for informing on them, witnesses who give evidence in open court against hardened criminals, old people who are terrorised by youths and druggies looking for money for their next fix.

These are the people we need to help and encourage not ex crims who deserve everything they get. Get off your high horse and help the REAL victims rather than whinge about the poor criminals having a hard life.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 7:08 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
You seem to have more sympathy for ex crims than victims of crime. Maybe she wasn't procescuted for more serious offences because they didn't have enough evidence rather than her being totally innocent of the more serious crimes.
Save your pity for victims who are terrorised by gangs for informing on them, witnesses who give evidence in open court against hardened criminals, old people who are terrorised by youths and druggies looking for money for their next fix.

These are the people we need to help and encourage not ex crims who deserve everything they get. Get off your high horse and help the REAL victims rather than whinge about the poor criminals having a hard life.
Wrong again, Kiwipaul. Maxine Carr was 100 miles away with 'perfect' alibis the night the two girls were killed. She wasn't prosecuted because nobody- NOBODY! - with a half brain cell thought she could possibly have been involved.

You are confusing so-called 'sympathy' for Carr (I have no sympathy for her but she didn't do very much wrong other than pervert the course of justice in a murder investigation, ie a two year sentence) with outrage at the fate of the two girls murdered by Ian Huntley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.