Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Having had the choice!!!????.......

Wikiposts

Having had the choice!!!????.......

Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:27 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having had the choice!!!????.......

Originally Posted by Jacqueline Rooks
THANKS!!!!

this is me, going for it!!!!! WOO HOO
i bet u change your mind next week and then back again the next
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:29 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
i bet u change your mind next week and then back again the next

n'ah.... i dont think so. or wait, maybe...no definitely not. maybe... ummmm
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

We are looking it as a 2 year working holiday as emmigrating is far too scarey, if you can do it as a scabby student (apologies to any of the great unwashed reading this ) then why not when you have (allegedly) more disposable income...although our situation is easier as we dont have kiddy winkles yet.

As has been mentioned before it costs a hell of a lot (espcecially as we are setting up an emergency 'get back home' fund in case) but whats the price of being an old man sat explaining to yer grandkids how you was going to Oz but didnt in the end and regretting it....gotta give it a go.

Also....if you can stick it out for 2 years and can gain citizenship then theres nothing stopping you coming back and retiring out there...just a thought...well a number of thoughts...okay...its babbling.... :-)
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

We have had a lot of problems, as many on this site are well aware of.
if you need to unload, put a post here. There will be lots that will come to your rescue.
As stated before, come out with 'open eyes'
both Mick and i had good jobs in the UK, and when you are a tourist here spending the £, everything seems cheap.
When you are working and earning a lot less it soon puts things into perspective. I honestly thought that I wouldnt have to work here, but soon realised that we would need that little extra.
My kids are quite a bit older as well. The youngest seems to have settled (very deep child), the older one still trying to find his niche. We just give them the space they need.
Hope it all works out for you

love

Sandra
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:35 am
Professional Princess

n'ah.... i dont think so. or wait, maybe...no definitely not. maybe... ummmm
Where abouts in Torquay are you from?

I know Torquay very well.

Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
We are looking it as a 2 year working holiday as emmigrating is far too scarey, if you can do it as a scabby student (apologies to any of the great unwashed reading this ) then why not when you have (allegedly) more disposable income...although our situation is easier as we dont have kiddy winkles yet.

As has been mentioned before it costs a hell of a lot (espcecially as we are setting up an emergency 'get back home' fund in case) but whats the price of being an old man sat explaining to yer grandkids how you was going to Oz but didnt in the end and regretting it....gotta give it a go.

Also....if you can stick it out for 2 years and can gain citizenship then theres nothing stopping you coming back and retiring out there...just a thought...well a number of thoughts...okay...its babbling.... :-)
thanks. cant wait any longer to go for it as the cut off point is looming. it was bad enough reaching the age when couldnt go on 18-30 holiday but this is worse!!! :scared:
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
We have had a lot of problems, as many on this site are well aware of.
if you need to unload, put a post here. There will be lots that will come to your rescue.
As stated before, come out with 'open eyes'
both Mick and i had good jobs in the UK, and when you are a tourist here spending the £, everything seems cheap.
When you are working and earning a lot less it soon puts things into perspective. I honestly thought that I wouldnt have to work here, but soon realised that we would need that little extra.
My kids are quite a bit older as well. The youngest seems to have settled (very deep child), the older one still trying to find his niche. We just give them the space they need.
Hope it all works out for you

love

Sandra
i got a nasty feeling i will be booted back out into the work force also!! hey ho.

thanks for support. will keep you posted but defo gonna go for it. "tremble"
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:42 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

We have had a few problems too, but nothing we wouldnt have had in the uk.
our kids are 20, 17 and 15 and have all settled. for som reason the did it within a few weeks and now look at the uk as a place the might go to visit in a few years. its funny , we thought we would have probs with keeping them here.
sandra, i know what u mean about having to work. we both took a drop in wages. but it was worth it. we do far more here than we did in the uk. we only ever went out the odd weekend.
this week two of our kids went camping, in the uk that would have meant putting a tent up in a pals garden. here, the went on a jetski and a speed boat and loads of other things. we feel we made the right choice. but we are not daft. we know, one argument with a pal could throw everything into the air.
we take each day as it comes and try to make it the best one so far
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Where abouts in Torquay are you from?

I know Torquay very well.

now in st marychurch but up until aug last year in torquay town in pub but now retired landlady!! worried i will miss typical british boozers!!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:45 am
Account Closed

We have had a few problems too, but nothing we wouldnt have had in the uk.
our kids are 20, 17 and 15 and have all settled. for som reason the did it within a few weeks and now look at the uk as a place the might go to visit in a few years. its funny , we thought we would have probs with keeping them here.
sandra, i know what u mean about having to work. we both took a drop in wages. but it was worth it. we do far more here than we did in the uk. we only ever went out the odd weekend.
this week two of our kids went camping, in the uk that would have meant putting a tent up in a pals garden. here, the went on a jetski and a speed boat and loads of other things. we feel we made the right choice. but we are not daft. we know, one argument with a pal could throw everything into the air.
we take each day as it comes and try to make it the best one so far

well, there's only one way to find out i guess......
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:47 am
Master of verbal pish©

well, there's only one way to find out i guess......
yip and by the time your ready to u, u still wont know if your doing the right thing
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:48 am
Account Closed

yip and by the time your ready to u, u still wont know if your doing the right thing

my head hurts
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:51 am
Master of verbal pish©

my head hurts
mine too, but thats the booze lol
Old Jan 6th 2005, 1:04 am
Just Joined

whippoorwillman is an unknown quantity at this point

10 points to u

Don't I deserve a few more than 10 points?
Old Jan 6th 2005, 1:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by whippoorwillman
Don't I deserve a few more than 10 points?
NO
u must have ssen the film and think yourself lucky its 10

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.