Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Haven't posted for a while... and guess what ?

Haven't posted for a while... and guess what ?

Old Jun 26th 2006, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Haven't posted for a while... and guess what ?

Just been too busy working and enjoying myself on the whole.

While I wait for the game tonight, thought I'd get back online......

For those still going through the motions in the UK I will in time post how things have gone for us after 5 or 6 months here.

It's been a roller coaster ride all the way starting with when we applied for skills assessments some 3 odd years ago....and the ride has not stopped yet.

I am sure I will have lots of useful tips and insight in to what to expect...good and bad and no doubt I'll repeat what many should already know.....

For starters, yes the weather can be great, TV is mostly shite and banks don't know the meaning of customer service, road manners are shocking at times and everyone wears outsized sunnies even when there is no sun out.......

Further............bureaucracy is everywhere wherever they can put it
..........promoting "made in Australia" is abundant in most places as purportedly "world class"............which it sometimes ain't if my sons school trousers and our made in Oz car are anything to go by.

Having said all this............watch this space as there are lots of comments I have on how you should approach a move to Oz to make it "easier" or more successful for you....I hope useful to those in UK.

For me, just now I am very much enjoying myself thanks even if I do have to watch the footy in the middle of the night.....talking of which I must get a nap in before I watch the Socceroos take on Italy.

Night all..........

PS..........it is supposed to be winter here and I was out playing soccer at 4pm yesterday in my shorts and t-shirt with my sons and some mates. That's what I came here for...........not to get a big house, earn more wedge, etc
Old Jun 26th 2006, 1:06 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Haven't posted for a while... and guess what ?

That all sounds very familiar. I am glad it is going well for you.