Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have you seen this in today's paper?

Have you seen this in today's paper?

Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:25 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Have you seen this in today's paper?

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Tell us who is then.
Hominid I presume? Reserving judgement.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megalania
Hominid I presume? Reserving judgement.
I thought it was a fair question. Obviously not...
Old Aug 18th 2005, 10:28 pm
wombat42

Oz's critics always go on about " boring dull Australian suburban life" well what makes life in British suburbs so exciting, do people living in dreary shoebox size council flats , housing estates, little terrace houses live more exciting lives then people in OZ suburbs?

Old Aug 19th 2005, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough

It always makes me smile when I see journalists elevating other ex journo's to the level of intellectuals. And it stands to reason that people who crave an audience to make a living will move to a populous country, but for the rest of us who don't crave the limelight and just want to have a relaxing stress free existence Australian isn't to bad.

She must have picked Beethoven because he's a famous son of Vienna (I think its somewhere near Dudley, very British). Come the Yellowstone Apocalypse she'll be the first to buy a Quanta's ticket to the Antipodes.

Z
Old Aug 19th 2005, 3:41 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wombat42
Oz's critics always go on about " boring dull Australian suburban life" well what makes life in British suburbs so exciting, do people living in dreary shoebox size council flats , housing estates, little terrace houses live more exciting lives then people in OZ suburbs?

Yes
Old Aug 19th 2005, 5:15 am
Nomadic Member

Rhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really nice

Shakespeare & Beethoven ... or ... sunshine & beaches ?

Hmmmm, let me think about that one PMSL

I would much rather like in a country where "You are judged by who and what you are, not by what you've been or where you've come from" even if it has no shakespeares or beethovens

also

I would much rather live in a country that has "fabulous food - glorious steaks, succulent seafood and exotic 'Pacific Rim' cuisine" than one where I can "enjoy an endless diet of soccer".
Old Aug 19th 2005, 5:25 am
Nomadic Member

Rhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really niceRhia27 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Yes
really ???? My time in the british suburbs was mainly spent doing 'normal life' things such as washing, ironing, dusting, grocery shopping, going to the gym, meeting up with friends, catching up on Corrie and the occasional (2 or 3 per year) cheap trip to holland / austria / spain / London etc.

Name me one place to live where washing, ironing, and dusting are not boring and dull

Last edited by Rhia27; Aug 19th 2005 at 5:28 am.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

rob&kim is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Have you seen this in today's paper?

Hello darlings as Barry Humphreys would say, bit corny aye.Just a quick one where are you heading for on the sunshine coast. We have been living in Noosa for 21 months now and cant think of any where else better to live.Lifes good. we were originally from Portsmouth and nobody can tell us life is better in the uk.
]
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:09 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by rob&kim
Hello darlings as Barry Humphreys would say, bit corny aye.Just a quick one where are you heading for on the sunshine coast. We have been living in Noosa for 21 months now and cant think of any where else better to live.Lifes good. we were originally from Portsmouth and nobody can tell us life is better in the uk.
]
Portsmouth you say, whereabouts, I'm in sunny Copnor fly out to Perth end of September.

btw better change your location thingy
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:13 am
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice

]
Noosa would be a first choice for us if only those 6 numbers would come in!! We loved the place and particularly want one of those lovely big houses with a lake in the back yard to park a nice little yacht!! However back to reality, can't afford that so we're heading further south. Good schools are a priority for us, then maybe move further up the coast later on. Cheers
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:31 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

]
Would it not have been more polite to start a new thread for this?
Old Aug 19th 2005, 6:37 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Would it not have been more polite to start a new thread for this?
Why, dont mean to be rude but I think its relevant to the original post.
Comparing Aus to the UK is what the article was about. So comparing Portsmouth to Noosa would seen logical too me.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 6:44 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhia27
Name me one place to live where washing, ironing, and dusting are not boring and dull
the playboy mansion