Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have you seen the exchange rate

Have you seen the exchange rate

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 7:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you seen the exchange rate

Originally Posted by dougggy
does anybody remember £1 ~ aud$ 2.83
Yes.

It could go there again as well.

G
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 7:35 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
Yes.

It could go there again as well.

G
That is the best avater thingy I've seen....I nearly wet me pants that is pure class my friend...k on the way!!
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 7:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymad
That is the best avater thingy I've seen....I nearly wet me pants that is pure class my friend...k on the way!!
...and returned.

That's picture of me

G
Old Sep 24th 2006, 7:41 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

I couldn't resist!! Perhaps we should start a fan club?
Thanks for the k.

Right, who's going to do an Olive avatar then??
Old Sep 24th 2006, 7:47 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymad
I couldn't resist!! Perhaps we should start a fan club?
Thanks for the k.

Right, who's going to do an Olive avatar then??

Will that do RM?[IMG]o1.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images  
Old Sep 24th 2006, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Location: North East - planning to move to Southern Queensland
BillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TheAshleys
2.53 Interbank and climbing.

I bottled it at 2.515 and cashed in. All indications are it will go higher too. but
We spotted this too late on Friday to act and it doesn't open again until Monday. Hope you were right about it keeping going higher!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Spare a thought for us Brits in New Zealand !

We have everything tied up in the Pacific Punt :scared:
Which goes up and down faster than a working girls knickers on a Friday night (when its a bank holiday and the town full of blokes on stag parties) :scared:
Old Sep 24th 2006, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Spare a thought for us Brits in New Zealand !

We have everything tied up in the Pacific Punt :scared:
Which goes up and down faster than a working girls knickers on a Friday night :scared:

Same for us who wisely changed our UK pounds into the rubbish aussie dollar, its great when your changing it over, then suddenly looks very different when you realise your youve life savings/income are in it :scared:

Last edited by jad n rich; Sep 24th 2006 at 11:32 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 11:48 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
...and returned.

That's picture of me

G
Hello G

"I 'ate you, Butler !!"

Jim
Old Sep 25th 2006, 5:48 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Back on topic... slightly downward this morning hovering at 2.5305

Glad I'm not making my cash transfer for another 6 months, it looks a tough decision on when
Old Sep 25th 2006, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: North East - planning to move to Southern Queensland
BillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud ofBillandAbby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by datamile
Back on topic... slightly downward this morning hovering at 2.5305

Glad I'm not making my cash transfer for another 6 months, it looks a tough decision on when
Think we're going to do a Forward Transaction now while its still reasonably high. It's so hard to know what's the right thing to do so we're trying to hedge our bets by transferring some now (only need 5% for the forward rate) and worrying about the rest later once the house has sold.

Yikes...
Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

mutang is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all , after some advice. I'm in the process of selling my house and plan to have £250,000 at the end of the sale to take to Oz. As the rate is great at the moment and i dont have the house funds i want to lock the rate with a forward contract , the problem is the 5% deposit !
It is a lot of money which i dont have , is there any way round this or a different solution to getting a good rate without a £12,500 deposit?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Jim
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:13 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Rate back over 2.54

I think its mostly tied to gbp strength... gbp/eur is similar to the gbp/aud graph.

6 months to hit 3.0
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough

wow do you reckon that the exchange will be as high or higher next month??? Im off there at the end of the month??? I really hope so!!

When I was last there it was $2.70 to the pound............... I really hope it goes up next month!!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:14 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

when i bought my car in 2001 on my uk credit card, i got an exchange rate of £1 = $3.001

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.