Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have you say - I don't like Australia....open slather

Have you say - I don't like Australia....open slather

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Have you say - I don't like Australia....open slather

From someone who likes living in Australia - let it not be said that negative feedback is not allowed on this forum(!)

This thread is for all. I'd be happy to restrict this post to ONLY negative things because then there would be less diversion to discuss what is allowed not allowed....also happy for people to list problems without having to justify themselves, or for there to be little or no attempt to redress or disagree about anything negative.....

Personally I would be disappointed if someone did not abide by the spirit of the board - but I accept and expect there is likely to be heated debate about opinion.

I don't like Australia because.....(not much for me to say personally) but it sure does incite people to get very angry!! Or how about - it sometimes gets hot. Sometimes it gets cold...

Take it away! Let's show some posters that this is not just some sort of bizarre Godzone...
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Jamie-Blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have you say - I don't like Australia....open slather

I dont like Australia because i get the 3rd degree whenever i go into a pharmacy and ask for Sinutab( only ever twice!) and have been refused it on the grounds " you have been taking it a lot".....erm no i have not!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I don't like Australia because they don't sell prawn cocktail crisps. It's a sham!!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamie-Blue
I dont like Australia because i get the 3rd degree whenever i go into a pharmacy and ask for Sinutab( only ever twice!) and have been refused it on the grounds " you have been taking it a lot".....erm no i have not!
See not so bad was it!! Keep them coming....breathtaking - you've been in twice and the pharmacist claims to know your history - bunch of ****.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Nov 3rd 2009 at 10:49 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't like Violet Crumbles. Crunchies are better. (The fact that there is an alternative means nothing - I am incensed that Violet Crumbles are on sale.)
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:55 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like Australia coz it's so damn far away! I mean, for goodness' sake - couldn't they have found the place a bit nearer? How am I supposed to pop out for girly weekends in Sydney, or to wander along the pier in St. Kilda, with it being all the way down there?

Instead of spending a fortune on the migration programme I reckon the government should look at improving Australia's location, asap

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JenniGee
I don't like Australia coz it's so damn far away! I mean, for goodness' sake - couldn't they have found the place a bit nearer? How am I supposed to pop out for girly weekends in Sydney, or to wander along the pier in St. Kilda, with it being all the way down there?

Instead of spending a fortune on the migration programme I reckon the government should look at improving Australia's location, asap

Your're not missing much. St Kilda is overrated in my opinion.

Glad to see people are responding - it would be plain bizarre if noone posted - we'd have the situation where people are complaining they can't paint a less than positive view of Australia when they've got carte-blanche on this one...

How about bogans and suburbia? Must be a **** to live there.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:02 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Has no one mentioned the rip off flights to Europe? WTF!!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:03 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

...and the road-side billboards advertising assistance for all kinds of sexual afflictions....I tell you, I'm going to find myself pulled over for kidnapping one day - I have to have my kids blindfolded in the back seat whenever we drive over there!!!

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:03 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I don't like Australia because they don't sell prawn cocktail crisps. It's a sham!!
ME TOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:05 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JenniGee
...and the road-side billboards advertising assistance for all kinds of sexual afflictions....I tell you, I'm going to find myself pulled over for kidnapping one day - I have to have my kids blindfolded in the back seat whenever we drive over there!!!

Don't know how they keep it up.....
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

I dont like australia because their currency is far too strong, their house prices refuse to comply with the british trend and they have the audacity to have not offered me several jobs before i even arrive.Ive a good mind to come over there myself and tell them too, if my house ever sells, i can find a job and the exchange rate makes the move viable, that is.In fact im going to, there.Said it.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hate the way that despite being in a 12 year drought - there is local variation and we often get really good rain and it could stuff up my driveway if I don't maintain my drain.

Bit of a cheat this one - I like it really cos my tanks are full and my soil is the envy of quite a few people who understand that stuff better than I do.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:08 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Because cherry ripes are shite so are the crunchies.

Violent Crumbles are sooo much better Sorry Badge

Is that angry enough or shall I try again
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

• It lacks a sense of discernible history
  • I find the landscape to be bland for the most part
  • I detest the racist undertones that are prevalent
  • Some of the worst drivers I've experienced!
  • I'm a long way from my elderly parents, which is gutwrenching
  • Not being able to shop in the evening
  • The flies....!!!
  • Books are extortionatly priced
  • The isolation
  • I miss being on the doorstep of Europe
  • Flights out of Oz, being almost double to fly in

Those are my negatives. But there are positives, so it's not all bad!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.