Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have you moved to Oz with your dog?

Have you moved to Oz with your dog?

Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:08 am
Just Joined

kirsty_rex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have you moved to Oz with your dog?

Originally Posted by Olias
Hi,

basically you have him jabbed for rabies - he is tested I think 1 month later to check he has the antibodies produced. This can be done in the UK or Oz ( although IMO it is easier in UK. Then 6 months after a positive test he would be eligible to return to UK with no quarantine.

eg if you had hime jabbed then positively tested 4 months prior to returning from Oz he would have to do 2 months quarrantine in UK to make up the six months since positive test (if that makes sense)

Your best bet is to get him jabbed and positively tested and all this recorded on a UK pet passport prior to going to Oz (make sure the jab is something like NOBIVAC which lasts three years before a booster is needed or else you will have to worry/remember to get a booster in Oz if it is a one year vaccination.

If you search the UK DEFRA website and search the site for 'pet passport' you will find all the info you need (sorry can't remember the exact web details)

Any trouble an ask the vet - any reputable one should be able to clarify the above

Hope this helps!

And yes 6 months after a positive blood test he can come back immediately with you with no quarantine

Brilliant, thanks! Thats all much clearer. Now I have all the preliminiary stuff sorted I just need to save some cash to get him over and hopefully get that new job!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:11 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they allow you to travel in a crate with your dog.....but there's always a first.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:21 am
Just Joined

kirsty_rex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
I don't think they allow you to travel in a crate with your dog.....but there's always a first.
Ha ha, no, mores the pity. I wish I could, it would be easier - hes going to hate me!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:23 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty_rex
hes going to hate me!
But only long enough for him to make his point.....or until feed time.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:46 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty_rex
Hope that answers your questions......
no it didnt. It answered yours tho