Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have you had your UK tax self assessment form for 07-08?

Have you had your UK tax self assessment form for 07-08?

Old May 29th 2008, 11:38 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Have you had your UK tax self assessment form for 07-08?

Just wondering about uk tax self assessment.

We left the uk in december 07 so are expecting to need to fill in our self assessment forms for the 07/08 tax year.
Logged onto the inland revenue website this evening and my status was '07/08 form sent out April 08, not yet returned'
Checked my contact details and it def has our oz rental address (we have moved into our new house but the post forwarding is still in place so would have got anything sent to the old address)

So has anyone in oz had their uk tax forms through yet or are the IR being liberal with the term 'form sent out'.
It isnt really a crisis as i can do my personal return online and i can download and print the paper forms for the business but i was wondering what had happened to the copies (containing personal info) supposedly sent to me in the post.

Was just hoping on getting them all done now so i didnt have to think about them again but it is never that easy

T
Old May 29th 2008, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you had your UK tax self assessment form for 07-08?

Did you fill out a P85 to inform them you were leaving the country? http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/h...jsp?formId=766
Old May 29th 2008, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Did you fill out a P85 to inform them you were leaving the country? http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/h...jsp?formId=766
I sent my P85 to them in Jan 2006 and still getting fined for failure to fill in my Tax return, They are F*****g useless. They have the right address to send out the notice of my fines but I have never recieved the forms they alegedly sent Got another £100 fine this year again :curse: Am i going to pay ? No.
I left the Uk over 2 years ago, It makes me mad what the F**K has it to do with them what i am earning i pay my tax here. They are a bunch of incompetent idiots.

Rant Over

John

Last edited by nickyjohnt; May 29th 2008 at 1:38 pm.
Old May 29th 2008, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
So has anyone in oz had their uk tax forms through yet
T
Yes I got mine about 2 weeks ago.
Old May 29th 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Got mine about 6 weeks ago.
Have to say they have been pretty useless when I was chasing a rebate but now they want money from me they're straight onto me for the forms!!!
Old May 29th 2008, 11:56 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys ... just leaves me wondering where my missing forms are
Old May 29th 2008, 11:57 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Wendy
still have to fill out the self assessment forms for the part of the year we were in the country - plus the forms for the business.
Old May 30th 2008, 12:06 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a letter to say I had to fill in the forms a while back. They didn't send any forms as such. I just use the online thing to do the return. Since last year HMRC have finally got around to supplying something that works (for simple tax situations) but they are light years behind the ATO on this front.
Old May 30th 2008, 12:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
I sent my P85 to them in Jan 2006 and still getting fined for failure to fill in my Tax return, They are F*****g useless. They have the right address to send out the notice of my fines but I have never recieved the forms they alegedly sent Got another £100 fine this year again :curse: Am i going to pay ? No.
I left the Uk over 2 years ago, It makes me mad what the F**K has it to do with them what i am earning i pay my tax here. They are a bunch of incompetent idiots.

Rant Over

John
This has been happening to me as well. I recently got a notice for a GBP100 fine. I wrote back to them saying I had filled out a P85. They have now written back, cancelling the fina and acknowledging that I no longer live in the UK.

Agree they are pretty incompetent.
Old May 30th 2008, 12:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
thanks guys ... just leaves me wondering where my missing forms are
If they sent them from the UK and there was a bank holiday around that time then it's anyone's guess when they'll turn up.

Maybe the ones that have arrived came from their Sweden office.
Old May 30th 2008, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
This has been happening to me as well. I recently got a notice for a GBP100 fine. I wrote back to them saying I had filled out a P85. They have now written back, cancelling the fina and acknowledging that I no longer live in the UK.

Agree they are pretty incompetent.
Definitely incompetent and from my past experiences very petty.
Old May 30th 2008, 12:17 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I got a letter to say I had to fill in the forms a while back. They didn't send any forms as such. I just use the online thing to do the return. Since last year HMRC have finally got around to supplying something that works (for simple tax situations) but they are light years behind the ATO on this front.
they dont seem to have sent anything out to me? my online account says forms have been sent out but i havent had forms or a letter or any other form of contact.
i am just going to assume that i am supposed to do the same as normal and hope it is right.
Old May 30th 2008, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

I'm going to try the online method. After three requests for the forms, they wrote to tell me I have to fill one in. That's what i've been trying to tell them! No form yet though. groan.
Old May 30th 2008, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

A couple of years ago I tried to register for online access. On both occasions by the time the regsitration details arrived here they had expired (they have a 30 day activation period). I called up and explained what was happening, and was given a couple of options. Neither of which would have worked, so I continue with the mailed submission.
Old May 30th 2008, 3:44 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
A couple of years ago I tried to register for online access. On both occasions by the time the regsitration details arrived here they had expired (they have a 30 day activation period). I called up and explained what was happening, and was given a couple of options. Neither of which would have worked, so I continue with the mailed submission.
this is a good point ... so anyone who does self assessment in the uk should make sure they are registered online before they move.

Is there one of those 'things to do before you leave the uk' threads hanging around at the moment?