Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have you had stuff misiing from your shipment?

Have you had stuff misiing from your shipment?

Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future
Default Have you had stuff misiing from your shipment?

Hi,

If like many other you have lost stuff from your shipment... will you please tell me!

We used John Mason, Liverpool branch - its not so much that we lost some things...its a case of we were looted by a tribe of Rumainian Pick pockets on leave from London!
Natuturally, John Mason confirmed that their packers, 25 and 32 years service...are honest and trustworthy...and suggested Sydney customs may have " kept some things"!
According to them.... they suggest they have NEVER had a comlpaint from a "customer" . I dont believe it and so I have decided I need help to prove them wrong! And any other shippers where stuff has done absent!

Currently constructing a website..intended to help those planning on coming over to Aussie or NZ - but I suppose it would affect anybody shipping to any country who uses this forum

I would like to know the shippers, how it was shipped - full or part container, what went missing - shipper reaction to your "complaint" or insurance claim. And result of any insurance claim.

Plus any additional info you think may help...

I would like to know who YOU but.. NOBODY ELSE WILL!

I think sits time that people using shipper were aware of the pitfalls of shipping your life in a box!

I know its tedious and not much fun for you...but think how it may help others coming up behind us!

If you dont want to post here..can you PM me for email etc,.

TIA
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you had stuff misiing from your shipment?

Originally Posted by mi5agent
Hi,

If like many other you have lost stuff from your shipment... will you please tell me!

We used John Mason, Liverpool branch - its not so much that we lost some things...its a case of we were looted by a tribe of Rumainian Pick pockets on leave from London!
Natuturally, John Mason confirmed that their packers, 25 and 32 years service...are honest and trustworthy...and suggested Sydney customs may have " kept some things"!
According to them.... they suggest they have NEVER had a comlpaint from a "customer" . I dont believe it and so I have decided I need help to prove them wrong! And any other shippers where stuff has done absent!

Currently constructing a website..intended to help those planning on coming over to Aussie or NZ - but I suppose it would affect anybody shipping to any country who uses this forum

I would like to know the shippers, how it was shipped - full or part container, what went missing - shipper reaction to your "complaint" or insurance claim. And result of any insurance claim.

I think sits time that people using shipper were aware of the pitfalls of shipping your life in a box!

I know its tedious and not much fun for you...but think how it may help others coming up behind us!

TIA
Is it mi5 or mfi?
Old Apr 25th 2009, 9:01 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

TIA
After 30 years in this business ,if any thing has gone missing it is generally on the UK side , the containers here are unloaded into a bond store ,due to Quarantine and Customs regulations , and they are watched by cctv , and monitored employees.... unless some one is in cahoots with a customs agent it would not happen ............mm
Old Apr 25th 2009, 9:10 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just typed in 'john mason missing' into the search facility and was very alarmed by what has actually been 'taken'
Here is the link, if it does not work then do the above.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...searchid=50070
I would also go back further in the results and see what else is there.
J x
Old Apr 25th 2009, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mr mover
After 30 years in this business ,if any thing has gone missing it is generally on the UK side , the containers here are unloaded into a bond store ,due to Quarantine and Customs regulations , and they are watched by cctv , and monitored employees.... unless some one is in cahoots with a customs agent it would not happen ............mm
Yes...you and I kno wthat...and John Mason seem to think everybody is stupid!

Lets see...two packers deal with all your stuff..... 3 montsh and 11,00 miles later.... sealed boxes are delivered minue a wagon load of stuff..... it dont need much of brain to sus out where it went!

Hence teh need to gather info and create a website to advise others...

Cheers
Old Apr 25th 2009, 9:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

TIA
If you have a problem with John Mason's you might be better taking it up with them........
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:35 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Yes...you and I kno wthat...and John Mason seem to think everybody is stupid!

Lets see...two packers deal with all your stuff..... 3 montsh and 11,00 miles later.... sealed boxes are delivered minue a wagon load of stuff..... it dont need much of brain to sus out where it went!

Hence teh need to gather info and create a website to advise others...

Cheers
You could try the internationl forum at this site
http://www.movingscam.com/
.............mm
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mr mover
Interesting - given we had nothing go missing but having tracked the shipment into a sealed container in the UK, I think it is far more likely that if something went missing it would be the Aus side, since the container is opened and emptied and moved around all over the place, into warehouses etc. Our's certainly was, and I cannot see any other company or shipment being any different.

It can happen both ends but shipping in this direction I would say there is a greater chance it could happen here if the container has been sealed at your house...
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by slipshot
Interesting - given we had nothing go missing but having tracked the shipment into a sealed container in the UK, I think it is far more likely that if something went missing it would be the Aus side, since the container is opened and emptied and moved around all over the place, into warehouses etc. Our's certainly was, and I cannot see any other company or shipment being any different.

It can happen both ends but shipping in this direction I would say there is a greater chance it could happen here if the container has been sealed at your house...
The containers are emptied into a "bond" store penaltys for stealing from a bond store are very serious....we have cctv on a 24/7 loop, employees who work in the bond store are Accredited trough ACS/AQIS.......and all employees are police checked...........In the uk a lot of jobs are picked up and taken to the ware house for wrapping and stowage in the container..this system can lead to abuse... here we wrap and load the containers at the house...in all the years i have been doing this i can proably Account for two jobs were we know theft has occured,these were delt with swiftly and those people will never work in this industry again...............mm
Old Apr 26th 2009, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi I have had two friends move over to Adelaide recently and both have hd things dissapear from their shipping. Both shipped in shared containers. One of them had a whole box disappear, the Australian end say that it never even made it onto the container. The second couple had all their boxes but various bits missing from a number of boxes - things which were definately packed, they also had clothes in their good upon delivery in Adelaide that didn't belong to them!! Both have taken up their complaints with the shipping compnay UK end (both used the same company) and the response - claim for it on your insurance. Both have insurance but then have the dilema of some of the things missing were of sentimental value and what was actually in the box was lots more than marked on the inventory - how do you prove what was in there???? Plus then paying an excess!!

I think, unfortunately its a problem that is more common than it should be

Lindsey
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

An 's' . . . but we gained an 'i' . . .
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

GoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really nice

Nightmare. Have been and come back again, in both cases the container was sealed at the house.

In Aus a different container arrived due to the unpack\pack routine, but on the way back the same container with the same (somewhat rusty) seal arrived and the number was checked before they unloaded.