Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

have you flown with Cathay Pacific - what did you think

have you flown with Cathay Pacific - what did you think

Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: have you flown with Cathay Pacific - what did you think

I returned from London yesterday, flying with Cathay Pacific. They were very good in my opinion, (apart from food which I thought was yuck - but I think all airline food is horrible), helpful staff etc. Thought seat and leg room was adequate, and transit in Hong Kong as very organised and efficient,

The seat back tv screens were great and choice of movies etc was pretty good.

The best bit of all was that I was really scared checking in, as my luggage weighed 31kgs (yes I did loads of shopping while I was away). I was fully prepared to pay excess luggage charge, but they did not bat an eyelid!!!! never mentioned anything about the weight. I could not believe my luck.

I would definitely fly Cathay Pacific again, I preferred them to Singapore Airlines.

Mel
Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by melibeam
I returned from London yesterday, flying with Cathay Pacific. They were very good in my opinion, (apart from food which I thought was yuck - but I think all airline food is horrible), helpful staff etc. Thought seat and leg room was adequate, and transit in Hong Kong as very organised and efficient,

The seat back tv screens were great and choice of movies etc was pretty good.

The best bit of all was that I was really scared checking in, as my luggage weighed 31kgs (yes I did loads of shopping while I was away). I was fully prepared to pay excess luggage charge, but they did not bat an eyelid!!!! never mentioned anything about the weight. I could not believe my luck.

I would definitely fly Cathay Pacific again, I preferred them to Singapore Airlines.

Mel
thanks
Tara
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:27 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

anyone can tell me how good the staff of cathay with kid? I will fly with cathay this coming 23rd of June. From Dubai to Jakarta via Hongkong.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

mozzie will become famous soon enough

I’ve flown Cathay Amsterdam – Melbourne – Amsterdam twice, and have been happy both times.

I agree the legroom’s a problem, but I didn’t think the meals were any worse than other airline food, and there was always a non-oriental meal available.

Big plus though was that my ankles didn’t swell up as they always do when I fly BA or QANTAS, which makes me think the air quality is better on Cathay, which probably also means less risk of deep-vein thrombosis.

Also, en route to Melbourne I had a 14-hour wait in HK (8am – 10pm), and Cathay volunteered to give me a 4-star hotel room for the day for free, including transfers from and back to the airport. I thought that was great, and even though it made the trip that much longer it also made it much more bearable.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:15 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali south
just about to book our one way trip to Brisbane and fancy going via Hong Kong - we have done KL and Singapore

have you flown Cathay, did they have good entertainment and seats??
Travelling with two teenagers, entertainment is essential!
thanks Tara
went to uk at xmas and they were excellent. had a 5 hour lay over in hk and checked into their lounge. well worth it and it was about 15 pounds each. food, beer, internet,showers etc.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice

Hey Tara,
We are flying Cathay to Brisbane. When are you going? I hope it's a good flight as we didn't know about emigration fares, paid, found out after discovering this site but after several pleading letters and calls to Head Office got nowhere, still only 20kg allowance. I've given up now, other things to sort out!

Originally Posted by ali south
just about to book our one way trip to Brisbane and fancy going via Hong Kong - we have done KL and Singapore

have you flown Cathay, did they have good entertainment and seats??
Travelling with two teenagers, entertainment is essential!
thanks Tara