Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have you been approached??

Have you been approached??

Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough
Default Have you been approached??

Hi could anyone tell us if they have been approached throu there agent to ask them to take part in an imigration programe around people leaving the uk to live in oz working in the catering industry? We have and we are thinking about it, we are currently waiting on more details but i suppose at theend of the day , whats in it for us? $$$$$$$$ i hope, lol
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all
Default Re: Have you been approached??

Originally Posted by 1234gav
Hi could anyone tell us if they have been approached throu there agent to ask them to take part in an imigration programe around people leaving the uk to live in oz working in the catering industry? We have and we are thinking about it, we are currently waiting on more details but i suppose at theend of the day , whats in it for us? $$$$$$$$ i hope, lol
they will prob want you to live in adelaide and the$$$$$$$ will be for your agent so ive heard :scared:
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Think very hard about it, and have a read of the threads on here about programmes like "Get a New Life"...... Could be fun, could be tough.
Also have a search for threads by debreeve - her family took part in one of those programmes.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Think very hard about it, and have a read of the threads on here about programmes like "Get a New Life"...... Could be fun, could be tough.
Also have a search for threads by debreeve - her family took part in one of those programmes.
If you want to be portrayed as a moaning complaining idiot who didn't do any research then go for it.

Bear in mind that however many hours of filming they do, it has to be condensed down to 50 minutes of "entertaining" tv. Avoid like the plague I would have thought.

Just remembered, someone did one and was told they would be flown where they wanted for their rekkie. They wanted Sydney (family there), production company flew them to Perth because they needed more programmes on Perth - I think they hated it
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

There is no way I would want to make the move and it all be shown on TV. Its difficult enough without having to do it all with TV camera's in your face.

All the ones I've seen show the families as idiots who haven't done any research and then just moan about it all. I'd think very hard about deciding whether or not to take part. It might be fun but I would think it would be very tough.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it'd be worth the $$$. Moving is a stressful time, who needs anything else to stress about :scared:
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If you want to be portrayed as a moaning complaining idiot who didn't do any research then go for it.

Bear in mind that however many hours of filming they do, it has to be condensed down to 50 minutes of "entertaining" tv. Avoid like the plague I would have thought.

Just remembered, someone did one and was told they would be flown where they wanted for their rekkie. They wanted Sydney (family there), production company flew them to Perth because they needed more programmes on Perth - I think they hated it

Funny how everyone one forgets the Welsh Melbourne Postie and family. They didn't come across as moaners or fools.
Maybe the others actually did induldge in lots of moaning so it was easy to show that side to them! Apart from the death in the family and him struggling to find a decent job, they loved the place.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:37 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Gav is a natural for TV, I reckon he should go for it.

Might be lots of bleeps when Fiona is on it though.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough1234gav is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bordy
Gav is a natural for TV, I reckon he should go for it.

Might be lots of bleeps when Fiona is on it though.
well that maybe true, we have done our homework as much as we can
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Funny how everyone one forgets the Welsh Melbourne Postie and family. They didn't come across as moaners or fools.
Maybe the others actually did induldge in lots of moaning so it was easy to show that side to them! Apart from the death in the family and him struggling to find a decent job, they loved the place.
You're right there. Without the death of the uncle they probably would not have made it onto TV because they were too well adjusted. (I think the whinging comes easier to the poms )

Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

hi as Pollyanna said yes we did take part in a show , & for those of u who didnt see it [nr 3 yrs ] we most def were not winging Poms just loved almost ever mo . plus we did our research .
we are a fairly out going family , dont know if i would do it with young kids though .
i wont go on as it gets a bit boring but if you would like me to answer any
questions to help make your decision feel free . but bear in mind it will be my opinion only . & of course you want to know whats in it for you .
good luck in what ever you chose ,
debs x