Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have we really given it long enough ????

Have we really given it long enough ????

Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:11 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have we really given it long enough ????

Originally Posted by cubeonly
Mmm,

I'm 50 and single-status, moved here from UK in Dec 11.

I am finding Perth uptight, stuffy, dull and boring. I really don't think much of the place at all.

However I will not quit for 12 months. That way I know I've given it all a reasonable chance.

My verdict at the moment? - In December I'll be moving on. . . but who knows. . .
You should start a thread warning others.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DeadVim

Ok.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cubeonly
Ok.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 12:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh its YOUR fault is it
Old Feb 18th 2012, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Oh its YOUR fault is it
It usually is!!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:43 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Oh its YOUR fault is it
Originally Posted by Wendy
It usually is!!
I mean no harm

Mostly
Old Feb 18th 2012, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

zentrix is an unknown quantity at this point

Aus is the only place I have ever felt at home, love the lifestyle and way of life. When you have worked in the UK all your life and everyone wants things done yesterday and then when you do it for them its not good enough you start to wonder why you bother. Then they wont pay you!
What I do now is better, I get paid upfront in full before I start! No bad debts, its great. it would be even better if I could do what I love doing where I want to be. I am 44 now and me and the missus have been togeter since we were 16, I am very easy going and all my life have given in and let her choose, not now, this will be my decision and if she doesnt want to come she doesnt have to.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:49 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

You do seem to have a very idyllic view of work here in Australia, I can assure you that being paid in full before you start work and having no bad debt is definitely not the norm. The last sentence then makes it seem as though you aren't actually here at all

Originally Posted by zentrix
Aus is the only place I have ever felt at home, love the lifestyle and way of life. When you have worked in the UK all your life and everyone wants things done yesterday and then when you do it for them its not good enough you start to wonder why you bother. Then they wont pay you!
What I do now is better, I get paid upfront in full before I start! No bad debts, its great. it would be even better if I could do what I love doing where I want to be. I am 44 now and me and the missus have been togeter since we were 16, I am very easy going and all my life have given in and let her choose, not now, this will be my decision and if she doesnt want to come she doesnt have to.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:57 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chris955
You do seem to have a very idyllic view of work here in Australia, I can assure you that being paid in full before you start work and having no bad debt is definitely not the norm. The last sentence then makes it seem as though you aren't actually here at all
He's not here yet. He is however prepared to ditch his wife of about 28 years if she won't go with him.

I can't wait for the follow up post on his eventual move!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:05 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Amazingly it was our 28th wedding anniversary just yesterday, that's spooky I couldn't even imagine wanting to go to another country and putting that country before my wife.

Originally Posted by comet555
He's not here yet. He is however prepared to ditch his wife of about 28 years if she won't go with him.

I can't wait for the follow up post on his eventual move!
Old Feb 19th 2012, 12:28 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zentrix
Sounds like my life here!
Old Feb 19th 2012, 12:33 am
Banned

Yes what is it about potential migrants that think/assume it is any different here ?

Sounds like my life here!
Old Feb 19th 2012, 1:02 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by chris955
Yes what is it about potential migrants that think/assume it is any different here ?
God knows! Even his comment about not getting paid........not only Queensland Health but other government staff have had issues in the last few weeks with delayed/wrong pay. I currently can't get paid for three recent night-shifts with the reason given being "we have stopped using the old form and the new one won't be out for a few weeks"
Old Feb 19th 2012, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

not only Queensland Health but other government staff have had issues in the last few weeks with delayed/wrong pay. I currently can't get paid for three recent night-shifts with the reason given being "we have stopped using the old form and the new one won't be out for a few weeks"
Maybe they're making sure you vote for Bligh on March 24 before paying you...
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wendy
It usually is!!
Ooo you're cute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.