Reload this Page >

Have the TROLLS put anyone off going

Wikiposts

Have the TROLLS put anyone off going

Old Apr 11th 2003, 12:18 am
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have the TROLLS put anyone off going

The negative feedback hasn't put me off going but personally speaking all the dreamers I find on here do scare me. I only discovered this site recently and after we received our visas so through the entire long wait we didn't have this as a support group base to share our dreams with everyone else which I believe kept our feet on the ground.
It is my belief that most of the people here aren't expats at all but wannabes .... where are the expats in Oz ??( except for the ones who come on just after arriving to tell us about their big house and pool !) Have they made it and don't need this site anymore or hasn't it worked out for them ?
Old Apr 11th 2003, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

I like your attitude Boo Boo. My dad lives in Spain so only see him occasionally, Mum well i will not miss the stress and partners parents are lot older than mine. Not being cruel but they have lives their lives it is our turn. Friends well we will make new ones and hopefully meet up with friends made on here.

As far as i am concerned we are going to live that adventure come what may.

footie chick
Old Apr 11th 2003, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

I have a penpal who moved to Brisbane two and half years ago now and she loves it over there and her three boys are getting on great. She wont be coming back.

footie chick
Old Apr 11th 2003, 12:49 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

So you want to read the good, the bad and the ugly?

But some seem to have cloth ears and do not take kindly to alternate views.

Being kind, I say that the "Reality" posters (avoiding the "N" word) feel compelled to Extremism to "wake the dreamers".

Being unkind, I say they are Totalitarians who will not tolerate alternate personal views.

Of course, posts must be concise or risk not being read and this leads to Radicalism.

I find it a pity that posters can not listen, talk and probe without resort to radicalism.

But that's the way people are and extravagant language is also colourful and vibrant.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Footie Chick

Yes it is out turn, regarding the Oldies...

My brother went to Aus aged 16 with the fairbridge society in the mid seventies. He came back for a short spell aged 19 then left for Aus again. He couldn,t settle back in the UK.He is now in his forties, has a good career and has produced a large family of children with his wife. Aus, suited him and his needs and has never wanted to come back to the UK to live.

So this is a postive story. They can and do happen, but unfortunately this isn,t the case for everyone just and like every area of life, horses for courses. At least people have given it a go even when it was the wrong thing for them they still had the guts to try.
So many people say to me I could of gone but...........
I wish I had tried it ,but.............
If your,e wise then you will look into the subject of emmigrating seriously as it is a big decision to make and every angle needs to be covered. That,s why this forum is so good as sometimes people suggest things that I did not think to consider.

Good luck to everyone whether their coming back to going.

Cheers BooBoo
Aussie kid
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

I agree all advice whether negative or postive has to be looked into by whom ever at the time.

As my mother used to say when we were younger `would you jump off Beachy Head if someone told you?

Corney saying i know but it all comes down to common sense

footie chick
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Negative posts not put me off, made me think about a few things more deeply.

Some of the negative stuff should be taken on board as it is easy to get carried away with the "dream".

Some of it is quite funny and enjoyable read.

But where some people are negative in a positive way (does that make sense) some people are negative just because thats how they are, and the sad fact is when they get back to blighty (if they do come back) they will no doubt be negative about that as well.

Its the old Victor Meldrew syndrome. !!

Follow that dream, because you never know where it will lead.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
I would not for one minute expect any person not to emigrate to OZ because of my comments or anybody elses for that matter.

However I would expect a lot more people to arrive with a more down to earth approach and aware of a few pitfalls rather than the utterly pointless gushing because I have a swimming pool I will be happy crap.

Wake up, Australias not paradise. Why do you think people here should only spin the pool, barbie, beach bull, and why do you think that is a fair image to give people giving up everything they have? I think the word for that is Brainwashing.

So to answer your question, should we brainwash people with mindless drivel about life in paradise, I would say no.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

[
Wake up, Australias not paradise. Why do you think people here should only spin the pool, barbie, beach bull, and why do you think that is a fair image to give people giving up everything they have? I think the word for that is Brainwashing.

So to answer your question, should we brainwash people with mindless drivel about life in paradise, I would say no. [/QUOTE]

I have no problem with hearing other peoples objective views and experiences, it will help all on this site to hear the good and the bad.
However when it comes to talking about "BRAINWASHING" I think it is you and your fellow trolls who are trying to brainwash this board, day in day out you leap onto any ones positive post's without fail, If you did'nt notice this post was about you not for you so there you go again BRAINWASHING!!!
you just can't help yourselves can you..................

Just for the record I have been to PERTH 7 times 2 of them recently and I have a brother who has lived there for 26 years
I share information with regularily,
Sure ozzie is not utopia.. crime unemployment etc but relatives apart it sure beats this crap hole.
This is just my opinion, but it seems its only the trolls who are allowed that, without being leapt upon, god forbid that we should have our OWN ideas of a better life.
Sure continue to post your thoughts and views but dont ATTACK those of us who maybe see it a little different as I know for damn sure that there are a LOT of expats who have made the move and wouldnt change it for the world.
AND there are a lot of people who didn't like it, returned to the UK and within twelve months had hot footed it right back to OZ
we are ALL DIFFERENT so dont try and brainwash people.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

STONEY

Well said.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah,

Go stoney

Stoney,stoney,stoney

This should be a troll free zone.

Have one on me mate

Cheers

BooBoo the wonderkid
Old Apr 11th 2003, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future
Cool

Absolutely not!

As I don`t personally know these people who post negative after negative post, I have no intention of not looking for myself. It may not be the right place for us but that is for us to decide. If I always listened to the doubting Thomas` then I would not have achieved the things I have already concurred. Of course we need to hear the good and bad, but bad, bad, bad come on!

I personally DO know many people who are happy in Australia and would never come back to the UK. What I have noticed though,
is that the people who want to return back to the UK won`t have anything bad said against the place.....double standards I think!

I am under no illusion that there is no perfect place to live but there are better places. We seem to be pigeon holed into being poor, soap opera watching dreamers, that still makes me laugh!
I will tell you one thing if it isn`t for us I will say so and post on here but not repeatedly like the doom and gloom Trolls on here, I`ll go and enjoy myself elsewhere.

Good luck to everyone, lifes toooooooo short not try out new things.

Old Apr 11th 2003, 7:35 am
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

Some people on here keep reminding everybody that this is an "Expat's site" and that most people are still in the UK. Can I just say if it wasn't for those people in the UK who are aiming to be "EXPAT's" then the amount of "poster's" would drop by about 75% I reckon. And those that are "expat's on here started coming on here before they left!! And a lot of the expat's there wanna be here!! Gawd help us!!
Old Apr 11th 2003, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Stoney
[

So to answer your question, should we brainwash people with mindless drivel about life in paradise, I would say no.

I have no problem with hearing other peoples objective views and experiences, it will help all on this site to hear the good and the bad.
However when it comes to talking about "BRAINWASHING" I think it is you and your fellow trolls who are trying to brainwash this board, day in day out you leap onto any ones positive post's without fail, If you did'nt notice this post was about you not for you so there you go again BRAINWASHING!!!
you just can't help yourselves can you..................

Just for the record I have been to PERTH 7 times 2 of them recently and I have a brother who has lived there for 26 years
I share information with regularily,
Sure ozzie is not utopia.. crime unemployment etc but relatives apart it sure beats this crap hole.
This is just my opinion, but it seems its only the trolls who are allowed that, without being leapt upon, god forbid that we should have our OWN ideas of a better life.
Sure continue to post your thoughts and views but dont ATTACK those of us who maybe see it a little different as I know for damn sure that there are a LOT of expats who have made the move and wouldnt change it for the world.
AND there are a lot of people who didn't like it, returned to the UK and within twelve months had hot footed it right back to OZ
we are ALL DIFFERENT so dont try and brainwash people. [/QUOTE]

Hi Stoney,

You've been 7 times to Perth and your brother has lived their for 26 years, I guess you have an idea what you going to agreed Perth for what it's worth, sod it

Perth watch out the more Pommies on the way ...

:PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Apr 11th 2003, 7:53 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
So you want to read the good, the bad and the ugly?

But some seem to have cloth ears and do not take kindly to alternate views.

Being kind, I say that the "Reality" posters (avoiding the "N" word) feel compelled to Extremism to "wake the dreamers".

Being unkind, I say they are Totalitarians who will not tolerate alternate personal views.

Of course, posts must be concise or risk not being read and this leads to Radicalism.

I find it a pity that posters can not listen, talk and probe without resort to radicalism.

But that's the way people are and extravagant language is also colourful and vibrant.
Sure, and is not this forum (to use the statistical) a sample of the population. In this sense understanding humans and their...umm...way...don't we merely see a reflection of that?

So if we have a reasonable sample of the population, what should we expect?

Those who will not listen, and those who will not hear, those who merely observe, those who won't shutup, those who are patient, those who are hasty, those who are measured and thougtful in their response, those who react to every point, those who seek information without interpretation, those who have little and seek a little more, those who have lots and seek a lot more, those who are sad, those who are dissatisfied, those who are happy....and so...

What we tend to get however is a bias in the sample, a few outliers who tend to distort the curve. As outliers they...well...tend to be...wait for it...out there on their own...with their distorted view. We all know them, and no level of reason, or debate or intelligent language, or well considered point of view, will move them.

That's OK if they can support their positions with reasonable, supportable arguments. We may not agree but so what...

What tends to happen however is that the outliers (in this sample) tend to resort to the language of generalisation and self-righteousness.

So back to the Trolls...they are not those who are specific and honest...they are those who are generalistic, dishonest to themselves, and unhelpful to others...

Examples abound but when words like..."oh they're ALL idiots"...are used in a post, I take exception. If they persist with this form of debate...they're Trolls and they can all #@$% orf...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.