Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have the TROLLS put anyone off going

Have the TROLLS put anyone off going

Old Apr 10th 2003, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Have the TROLLS put anyone off going

Just wondered if all the negative feedback from PB Dotty etc has put any one off emigrating or put any serious doubt into anybodies decision to go.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 8:48 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Have the TROLLS put anyone off going

Originally posted by Stoney
Just wondered if all the negative feedback from PB Dotty etc has put any one off emigrating or put any serious doubt into anybodies decision to go.
No way!!!!

Yes we all need to hear both sides of the story. It's not all beaches and bbq's. But as they say one persons trash is anothers treasure. Just because they don't like it (and are too bitter just to live with their mistakes or too stupid to do something about them!) doesn't mean the rest of us will hate it too.

We need to make our own decisions. It would be a very dull and crowded world if we all only loved the UK!!!

Old Apr 10th 2003, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

BCBOY is an unknown quantity at this point

For what its worth, the people I read on this site (usually the same old people) moaning about their lives in the UK certainly haven't put me off returning home to Britain...to each their own 'eh.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

HowardB is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope they haven't put us off. We are all adults and know that the grass isn't greener, It's just different. After living in the Middle East for 4 years it was nice to get back to the rain and cold in the UK. I've had enough of that now and want a bit of sunshine and warmth. I just like the different experiences whether they are 'good' or 'bad' or as someone once said there are no good and bad things - there are just things.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

joebloggs is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet you don't consider them trolls if people post positive info....only the negative posts are trolls...
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:27 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Has the thought passed your mind that the dreamers are TROLLS , or does that seem too real?

Your pool Sir , Perth has them everywhere

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=145674

Last edited by pommie bastard; Apr 11th 2003 at 1:29 am.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:50 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Can I say something??

I do not think any of you should be put off, I have never once regretted any of my decisions. What is sad when a person looks back and thinks "what if I had done this". You need to try things, even if you hate it in Aus, at least you tried, and had a look - instead of wondering "what if " years down the track.

Some people will hate it - others will like it. I always remember an expat who has been in Aus for thirty years now (he was working in Sing at the time with his company) - telling me about 50% love it, the other 50% hate it in Aus - this I would say is true.

There's only one way you are going to find out if Aus is suited to you isn't it?

And as for the so-called negative posts, wouldn't you think "it's too good to be true, if it was all positive" , people are telling the truth about certain things here - name us one country in the world which is perfect.

You need to decide for yourselves

cheers
Old Apr 11th 2003, 1:51 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Is this from a troll??

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=144826
Old Apr 11th 2003, 2:21 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

I am increasingly alarmed at how dangerously effective the British Ministry of Lebensraum has become - the Dreamers seem to have been efficiently innoculated against "Troll" Entreaties!!!:scared: :scared: :scared:

Help! HELP! HELP! A TIDAL WAVE OF DREAMERS IS ABOUT TO CRASH ON US!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Apr 11th 2003, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

WELL I DONT CONSIDER MYSELF A TROLL . WE LOVE AUSTRALIA DESPITE ALL ITS FAULTS AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE. I HAVE JUST STATED ITS NOT PERFECT HERE JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD. EVERYONE HAS TO DO WHAT THEY WANT TO DO AND GIVE IT A GO I HAVENT DISPUTED THAT EITHER. AND YOU SAID PERHAPS WE ARE STUPID NOT TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT OUR MISTAKES PERHAPS YOU WOULD LIKE TO TELL THAT TO MY 10 YR OLD DAUGHTER AND THE POLICE WHO HAD TO COUNSEL HER !!!! YOU NEED TO THINK BEFORE YOU GO PUTTING POSTS ON HERE . HEAVEN IS NOWHERE IN THE WORLD THATS A FACT NOWHERE IS PERFECT .IF I COULD TURN BACK THE CLOCK THEN ALOT OF THINGS WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE A BIT DIFFERENTLY BUT AT LEAST WE HAVE HAD A GO AND ARE STILL TRYING TO MAKE IT WORK. WHEN A DEATH HAPPENS AT HOME YOU CANT JUST GET ON A PLANE AND GO HOME THESE THINGS HAPPEN AND IT JUST MAKES YOU APPRECIATE HOME . WE ALL SAT AT HOME DREAMING FOR THE TIME TO COME SO WE COULD BE IN AUSTRALIA WE ARE HERE WE WILL MAKE THE MOST OF IT . JOANNE
Old Apr 11th 2003, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

aussie bloke is on a distinguished road

JOANNE
on a totally unrelated topic can you please not choose "CAPS"
when typing as this makes it very hard on the eyes reading
and amounts to shouting when on a PC.
Thanks

ps I like you posts btw.
chin up things will get better.

Old Apr 11th 2003, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I would not for one minute expect any person not to emigrate to OZ because of my comments or anybody elses for that matter.

However I would expect a lot more people to arrive with a more down to earth approach and aware of a few pitfalls rather than the utterly pointless gushing because I have a swimming pool I will be happy crap.

Wake up, Australias not paradise. Why do you think people here should only spin the pool, barbie, beach bull, and why do you think that is a fair image to give people giving up everything they have? I think the word for that is Brainwashing.

So to answer your question, should we brainwash people with mindless drivel about life in paradise, I would say no.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 4:09 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jopaulss
WELL I DONT CONSIDER MYSELF A TROLL .
Joanne

Not sure who your post was directed at but as I was the one who created the link to your earlier post and asked 'Is this a troll??', let me make myself clear. I referred to your post as I think it has been one of the most truthful and open about how it feels once you've arrived, there is a tendency on this forum for some to refer to any postings that are truly reflective of Aus life etc. as being either 'negative', 'whingers' or indeed 'trolls' Your depiction of your own experiences is clearly the opposite of that. This is something that a lot on this forum awaiting their 'dream' lives in Aus often don't like to hear. I referred elsewhere to your earlier post as being required reading for anyone intending to emigrate as to me it gave the impression that Oz isn't just beaches and sunshine, it's about real life too, whatever it throws at you. As a recnt immigrant myself, I have every sympathy with the general issues that you potrayed. Good luck to you and your family

Regards

Jayr
Old Apr 11th 2003, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad I've heard all the moans, even one or two (out of 2000+) from PB. If I hadn't heard about the crap, I would have being worried that I hadn't found out the whole truth.

To joebloggs... I certainly wouldn't consider you a troll! If I remember rightly, about a month or two ago you posted a personal and intelligent account of why you prefer (having 'done that and bought the t-shirt') to live back in the UK. None of the replies to that post were dismissive of how you feel - they were respectful that rather than just sit, whinge and let life pass you by, you decided to have a go at changing your life for the better (again )

PB on the other hand.........
Old Apr 11th 2003, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

No not at all..........

It seems to me most people miss their family back in the uk.
I have no family and hubby has an old mother who will probaly be meeting the BIG MAN himself soon!!!!!

I think if your,e resourceful, determined and curious aswell as "people friendly" then I believe you can make the best work for you.

The people who write negative things all the time have had a negative experience. That,s fine , they need to make thier lives positive by doing what it takes to become postive, whether that means coming back to UK then so be it. But they tried it and it failed and I will try it and I can not say in the future WHAT IF .
I reckon with my attitude to life that I can overcome most things and I am a very determined lady indeed.

Cheers BooBoo The Brave!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.