Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have I made a boo boo with the meds :(

Have I made a boo boo with the meds :(

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 5:55 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have I made a boo boo with the meds :(

Hi I know this is an immigration question but just wondering if anyone has been through the same and got to Oz.

I had my meds the other week and ticked yes to having a history of depression.

The panel doc requested further info from my gp re this and my gyne probs.

I've picked the letter up this afternoon and he has written everything in there last recorded bout in 2002.

I am so worried now and wish I'd never ticked that bloody box

We are going back to panel gp on monday afternoon.

Has anyone been refused entry to Oz through depression and likewise has anyone got in with it??

Kay
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 5:57 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have I made a boo boo with the meds :(

Hi Kay

I dont know the answer (sorry) but to be honest there are loads of people who suffer from depression - probably 80% or more have suffered at some point (most of them probably arent even aware of it!)

Try not to worry, I'm sure you'll be fine
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi I know this is an immigration question but just wondering if anyone has been through the same and got to Oz.

I've picked the letter up this afternoon and he has written everything in there last recorded bout in 2002.

Has anyone been refused entry to Oz through depression and likewise has anyone got in with it??

Kay
Hi Kay,

I think it has to do with type of depression. We had meds in May and doc asked for extra info re wifes post natal depression, we got extra info and gave it him with no problems reported.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 6:01 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

hi possums, i reckon you did the right thing being honest, it would have been a lot worse had dimia found out you didn't mention it. i really don't think they can refuse you a visa for depression. I'm not an expert by any means but i was under the impression they are really just concerned about diseases which can be infectious and/or cost the country lots of money ie: aids/tb.
try not to worry (i know thats difficult) but it should be good...good luck on monday x loidy
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 6:04 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Kay
Watcha mate,

Just did a search and found this:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...eds+depression

Not good really for poor Mrs Neal re heart murmur, slipped disc and post natal depression but if she can get through with all that, I think you'll be fine.

D D
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by The Hun
Hi Kay,

I think it has to do with type of depression. We had meds in May and doc asked for extra info re wifes post natal depression, we got extra info and gave it him with no problems reported.
Thanks Bridie.

Hun do you know what type of depression does affect the application?
Glad your wife was ok but unfortunately mine isnt post natal.

Oh well we will find out soon enough
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Watcha mate,

Just did a search and found this:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...eds+depression

Not good really for poor Mrs Neal re heart murmur, slipped disc and post natal depression but if she can get through with all that, I think you'll be fine.

D D
wow thanks Val that has made me feel better poor woman if I get through this I'll let a huntsman crawl on me
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 6:25 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

wow thanks Val that has made me feel better poor woman if I get through this I'll let a huntsman crawl on me
Steady girl, you're delirious!!

D D
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road

Thanks Bridie.

Hun do you know what type of depression does affect the application?
Glad your wife was ok but unfortunately mine isnt post natal.

Oh well we will find out soon enough
Not 100% certain, but the good things is that you are over it and have dealt with it and you have been honest. Doubt they'd not grant visa just because of it.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by The Hun
Not 100% certain, but the good things is that you are over it and have dealt with it and you have been honest. Doubt they'd not grant visa just because of it.
Thankyou all for putting my mind at ease its just one thing after another int it
Old Jun 24th 2005, 9:44 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou all for putting my mind at ease its just one thing after another int it
I was on anti-depressants for a few months after my brother died and Sam was on them twice, one of which was post-natal. The doc asked us to get letters from out GP's but Sam's was on extended leave so the doc put her down as category B. But we still got through the meds without any further questions.

So I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by worzel
I was on anti-depressants for a few months after my brother died and Sam was on them twice, one of which was post-natal. The doc asked us to get letters from out GP's but Sam's was on extended leave so the doc put her down as category B. But we still got through the meds without any further questions.

So I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Thanks Worzel hope you are both ok now

I think the fact that I've got through this whole process with out cracking up should prove that I'm ok now
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:04 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

I suffered with depression when my Father-in-law died. I put this down on the medical form and the Doctor didnt query it or ask for further information.

Jo
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:13 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

We have both suffered from depression and in fact my husband is still being treated. I ticked yes then added "after death of daughter." If anyone can think wrong of us for being depressed after that then they have a problem. I got copies of my husband medical notes from our GP and took them to the panel doctor who then attached them to our meds to go to Sydney. He didn't make any comment about it all though.

I think it is best to be honest. They only want to know if you are going to cost the government any money which seems a bit daft when you have to pay your own medical costs out there anyway.

ps. hubby is going to try to wean off the tablets before we go. New start and all.

Good luck
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:21 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
We have both suffered from depression and in fact my husband is still being treated. I ticked yes then added "after death of daughter." If anyone can think wrong of us for being depressed after that then they have a problem. I got copies of my husband medical notes from our GP and took them to the panel doctor who then attached them to our meds to go to Sydney. He didn't make any comment about it all though.

I think it is best to be honest. They only want to know if you are going to cost the government any money which seems a bit daft when you have to pay your own medical costs out there anyway.

ps. hubby is going to try to wean off the tablets before we go. New start and all.

Good luck
Oh Anne & Terry you poor things. i wish you all the very best with your new start in Aus. massive huge hugs to you both *squeeze*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.