Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have house prices in Brisbane dropped.

Have house prices in Brisbane dropped.

Old Oct 27th 2006, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Have house prices in Brisbane dropped.

Or are they just taking longer to sell ?

Just that over the last 6 months I keep seeing the same houses for sale on different web sites.

Has anyone had a good deal when buying a house ?

Has anyone bought an ex show house and if so are you happy with it ?

Sorry for all the questions.

Ian
Old Oct 27th 2006, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice
Default Re: Have house prices in Brisbane dropped.

The market is very different in differing areas of Brisbane.

North Lakes for instance is very bouyant with little drop in price but other areas are showing serious slow downs.

I know a guy who bought an apartment in the CBD in one of the big skyscrapers for $625k and he's put it on the market 6 months later and will struggle to make $600K
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:15 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

It is def slowing in most areas, but areas like North Lakes are still strong. Depends what you want, and where you want it.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:32 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Billabong
I know a guy who bought an apartment in the CBD in one of the big skyscrapers for $625k and he's put it on the market 6 months later and will struggle to make $600K
That always seem to happen with those units in the city, not a good buy in my opinion, not new anyway.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 3:33 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Next door just sold his house in just over a week so I guess it depends.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Billabong
The market is very different in differing areas of Brisbane.

North Lakes for instance is very bouyant with little drop in price but other areas are showing serious slow downs.

Hi,

Its' interesting you saying that...I've noticed houses around here stay on the market ages, then the prices start to drop pretty drastically...then they eventually sell....I'm beginning to worry that maybe we got sucked in and paid more for our place than it's actually was worth.... :scared:
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

What about Springfield (doh) lakes ?

Thats the area were more than likely to rent/buy ?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:18 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Just that over the last 6 months I keep seeing the same houses for sale on different web sites.

Has anyone had a good deal when buying a house ?

Has anyone bought an ex show house and if so are you happy with it ?

Sorry for all the questions.

Ian
it's not just where you are..here in Perth houses are taking alot longer to sell!
It was only afew months ago people were bidding higher than asking price to get what they wanted (like me unfortunatley)..prices have still risen but very slowly and tend to stay on the market now longer.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:20 am

That area dosn't seem to have gone up much in that last 4 years!

What about Springfield (doh) lakes ?

Thats the area were more than likely to rent/buy ?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:44 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
I hope Wakerley booms...
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by themerlin
So is that a bad area or an ideal place to buy

I know the property market world wide is "off its head" but as you can imagine coming to a new Country with two young children, well we don't want to move once there settled.

Would appreciate anyone's views on Springfield (doh) lakes ???????

Ian

PS Please help I move over in January
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:24 am

My personal view -

Don't like it! The block are tiny, it's a long was from the city west so it gets hot in summer and cold in winter.
It's Ipswich counsel and I think there rates are high.

I think all these things don't make for a good buy.

I know the property market world wide is "off its head" but as you can imagine coming to a new Country with two young children, well we don't want to move once there settled.

Ian

Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that.

We wanted North Lakes but my area is going to be South of the river, so the drive would be too much (or so I've been told)
We looked at Springfield (doh) lakes because it seemed similar, go on what wrong with it? I just want a nice house in a nice area with good schools (sound familiar)

Please help me here, I know we have 2 months left over here in NZ but that will fly !

Ian
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:39 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Ian

Truman Show.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Truman Show.
Well thats going to help with my families future

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.