Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have house prices in Brisbane dropped.

Have house prices in Brisbane dropped.

Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have house prices in Brisbane dropped.

Originally Posted by thebears
Hoping your migration from NZ goes ahead smoothly

Might even get a chance to catch up for lunch once you are this side of the Tasman.

Kiwi
No problem as long as it involves a beer.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Or are they just taking longer to sell ?

Just that over the last 6 months I keep seeing the same houses for sale on different web sites.

Has anyone had a good deal when buying a house ?

Has anyone bought an ex show house and if so are you happy with it ?

Sorry for all the questions.

Ian
Our landlord sold his house having to drop the price 50K, that is in Calamvale
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Our landlord sold his house having to drop the price 50K, that is in Calamvale

Where abouts it Calamvale ?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:26 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Whats wrong with using an internet forum as a guide
You've missed the word 'prime'.

Prime: First in excellence, quality, or value.

<rollseyes, sighsheavily, shrugsshoulders>
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:28 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
We'd never been to Aus before arriving as permanent residents therefore used the internet entirely, and this forum primarily, to decide the future of our family. I'm guessing many others have done the same.
Sweet Jesus ...
Old Oct 30th 2006, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
You've missed the word 'prime'.

Prime: First in excellence, quality, or value.

<rollseyes, sighsheavily, shrugsshoulders>
Another helpful answer
Old Oct 30th 2006, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Sweet Jesus ...
Oh look another.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 7:09 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
Don,t kid yourself.
The house is only worth what people are prepared to pay. It is just the same as the UK, if the house is good it will sell straight away, if not it will sit there until it drops in price blah, blah.
Seems that most Aussies are not like brits when it comes to a bit of a reno, they seem to like sterile brand new shoe boxes with nothing to do.
Biggest growth area in SE queensland seems to be the Ipswich area, lots of large plots offering good value and huge investment in the area, Orion shopping complex at springfield will be the largest in the southern hemisphere etc.
Don't get me wrong Ipswich itself is a good damn toilet but some of the surrounding suburbs are nice.
Do yourself a favour and look around, see for yourself, don't follow the pack thinking if its not bayside then its crap, take a look you may just find something nice
Thats funny, thats what they are building at Coomera, Gold Coast. Maybe it's soo big it goes from Coomera to Springfield
Old Oct 30th 2006, 7:34 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats wrong with using an internet forum as a guide
Like UK everyone thinks their area is the best. You need to get here rent, find jobs, schools and have a good look around. Some people move the lenght of the complete country nearly from South to North and visa versa after only a few months here because one area wasn't what they expected.

It depends also on wants... or you a...
country person
beach person
new estate person
old house person (by UK standards this may be hard to achieve than anything else
city person
person who needs job near city or not
drive not drive
have kids

All these things come into play on where you live and where you feel is home.

Did read the other day that the average house in Aus takes around 9o days to sell that's bloody good compared to UK.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 7:37 am
Account Closed

Oh look another.
Glad you are keeping track. OK, I'll admit it, you are considerably more helpful than me. You may have a prize of your choosing.

As JaneAndJim hinted I'd recommend coming down to Logan/Beaudesert and getting yourself a slice of life that has not been designed by someone on a computer.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

As JaneAndJim hinted I'd recommend coming down to Logan/Beaudesert and getting yourself a slice of life that has not been designed by someone on a computer.
Thanks for that, I'm open to all suggestions. Its like starting with a blank piece of paper there are no right or wrong answer's, just options and opinions. I must admit the "Bayside" area does sound nice but as you have said there are plenty of other options out there. It looks like I'll be coming over first my new employers want me to start work on the 9th and I don't think the house will sell by then.
At least I'll have some time to look round before the wife and kids come out, I'll try to lose some weight as well
Old Oct 30th 2006, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Thats funny, thats what they are building at Coomera, Gold Coast. Maybe it's soo big it goes from Coomera to Springfield
WTF? You mean there's going to be a shopping centre bigger than Chermside?
J
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

just had a look on the web re these two area's, the one thing that strikes me is the amount of land you get for your money. The problem I have with lots of land is there would be a higher chance of snakes and I'm petrified of snakes.
Like you've said I'm best having a look round when we get there.
What other area's would you recommend ?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:39 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

You get snakes on small blocks as well. We have a large block and have never come across a snake in 5 years, just a very large skin

just had a look on the web re these two area's, the one thing that strikes me is the amount of land you get for your money. The problem I have with lots of land is there would be a higher chance of snakes and I'm petrified of snakes.
Like you've said I'm best having a look round when we get there.
What other area's would you recommend ?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:53 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
You get snakes on small blocks as well. We have a large block and have never come across a snake in 5 years, just a very large skin
Apparently, there's an Eastern Brown lurking in the Botanical gardens in Brisbane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.