Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have Got Tra And 110 Points But Need 120 Help

Have Got Tra And 110 Points But Need 120 Help

Old Sep 8th 2006, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

kentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nice
Default Have Got Tra And 110 Points But Need 120 Help

After going through a bad experience with a registered agent a few years back who sat on our application and then the points changed (we are still trying to get compensation) had a wonderful hol in oz at christmas and decided to apply ourselves. My husband got our TRA after 20 days as supervisor metal fitters and machinists - 4112-01 age, English work experience all gave us 110 points but on reading subclass 136 you need 120 points now. Why do they keep changing the points?
Then reading subclass 138 I have a brother in Perth who will sponsor us but it says the blood relation has to be the primary applicant (which means I don't have the points for the work skill) is there any way round this? Please someone say there is we are now very depressed!!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 1:56 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Have Got Tra And 110 Points But Need 120 Help

Hi,
Don't mean to be rude but have you checked your points carefully,you don't mention points for your age,job in demand,etc etc worth double checking here..http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf
I really hope that helps you and that you get your 120 points need.
best wishes
RM
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

monkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kentishdeb
After going through a bad experience with a registered agent a few years back who sat on our application and then the points changed (we are still trying to get compensation) had a wonderful hol in oz at christmas and decided to apply ourselves. My husband got our TRA after 20 days as supervisor metal fitters and machinists - 4112-01 age, English work experience all gave us 110 points but on reading subclass 136 you need 120 points now. Why do they keep changing the points?
Then reading subclass 138 I have a brother in Perth who will sponsor us but it says the blood relation has to be the primary applicant (which means I don't have the points for the work skill) is there any way round this? Please someone say there is we are now very depressed!!
Yes the blood relation has to be the primary applicant, but it does not have to be the primary applicant who fulfils the skills requirement. For example, I am the primary applicant on our 138 application, with an uncle in Perth, but it is my husband that satisfies the points requirements for occupation. So you should be ok, I think.

Make sure you read Booklet 6 thoroughly - it should answer your questions.

Good luck
Old Sep 8th 2006, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

kentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nicekentishdeb is just really nice

Originally Posted by monkeypeaches
Yes the blood relation has to be the primary applicant, but it does not have to be the primary applicant who fulfils the skills requirement. For example, I am the primary applicant on our 138 application, with an uncle in Perth, but it is my husband that satisfies the points requirements for occupation. So you should be ok, I think.

Make sure you read Booklet 6 thoroughly - it should answer your questions.

Good luck

Hi Thanks for replying so quickly haven't been on one of these forum's before. Sounds like you are in the same situation as me where your husband has the points and you have the blood relation in oz.

According to the self-assessment form in Booklet 6 it asks for both self and spouse points. For me I can only put age, 15 points, and english language 20 points = 35 points as the primary applicant - whereas my husband's column can put skill 60, work experience 10, age 15 points, english 20 = 105 with spouse skills 5 = 110 (if this is relevant).

On the form it states to add 15 points for sponsorship to the higher score (I know I'm being a bit thick but the highest score is my husband's and in booklet 6 page 11 it does say to gain the 15 extra points they need to be added to my score being the blood relative - perhaps you can help me clarify this point?
Old Sep 8th 2006, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Thanks for replying so quickly haven't been on one of these forum's before. Sounds like you are in the same situation as me where your husband has the points and you have the blood relation in oz.

According to the self-assessment form in Booklet 6 it asks for both self and spouse points. For me I can only put age, 15 points, and english language 20 points = 35 points as the primary applicant - whereas my husband's column can put skill 60, work experience 10, age 15 points, english 20 = 105 with spouse skills 5 = 110 (if this is relevant).

On the form it states to add 15 points for sponsorship to the higher score (I know I'm being a bit thick but the highest score is my husband's and in booklet 6 page 11 it does say to gain the 15 extra points they need to be added to my score being the blood relative - perhaps you can help me clarify this point?
I think your OH's job is on the MODL list if so you get 60 just for his job but extra for the MODL listing (I think! ) If I was you I'd ring up Go Matilda for a chat, we are using them and they are very helpful, they will clarify it all for you. They're website is www.gomatilda.com
N.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 6:20 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

I've just looked on the modl list for you, if you goggle it you'll find the list easy,But can't find that code, 4112-01,on the list.Don't give it and ask for more advise on here vefore you do anything,may be worth trying on the immigration forum before doing anything hasty.Don't give up,you'll get there!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:00 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

4112-01 Machinist supervisor is not on the MODL list, but 4112-13 Machinist (Not Supervisor) is, maybe you could contact the TRA and see if you can get reclassified to 4112-13 then you will get the extra 15 points for a MODL occupation and faster processing of your visa.

I have a friend who was a manger but did this as his basic trade was machining. Good Luck.

See link for 4112-13 description
http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...s)-4112-13.htm
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:16 pm
Running on the spot.

Good shout!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

crozz is on a distinguished road

just wondering have you thought about applying through the stni route that way you only need 70 points.crozz
Old Sep 8th 2006, 10:59 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Blood relation must be primary applicant for 138, however the spouse can contribute the "skilled" part of the application. Pass mark for 138 is 110.

Get an agent if you are still confused.

Alternatively - is STNI an option? Or what about employer sponsorship (ENS/RSMS)?
Old Sep 9th 2006, 1:15 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

In what State or Territory would you like to live? I ask this as some States and Territories (WA, SA, VIC, TAS) provide Nominations (ie sponsorship) which if granted would enable you to apply for a Skilled - State/Territory Nominated Independent visa (subclass number 137 - points requirement 70), or the non points tested Skills Matching visa.

For example the WA Priority Skills List is here:
http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/Media...U_Tables-F.pdf

Having lodged a fair number of Nominations in WA I can advise that in my experience they are generally flexible if the occupation on their list is (say) Fitter, and the applicant has a skills assessment clasification as Supervisor - Fitters.

We'll be happy to discuss this in a freebie chat if you are interested - feel able to call my office in Southampton on 023 80 488777 (ask for Marina Towner).

Hope this helps - good luck!
Old Sep 9th 2006, 1:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
In what State or Territory would you like to live? I ask this as some States and Territories (WA, SA, VIC, TAS) provide Nominations (ie sponsorship)
Plus NSW and ACT, apparently.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 1:43 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jeremy.

Has anyone obtained a State Nomination from NSW yet?

Best regards.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 2:09 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Thanks Jeremy.

Has anyone obtained a State Nomination from NSW yet?
I don't know how many (if any) they have nominated,but they have got criteria:
http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/migra..._migration.asp