Have been in Perth a week!!

Wikiposts

Have been in Perth a week!!

Old Apr 15th 2003, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

loulou74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have been in Perth a week!!

Hello everyone!

Thought I would write a quick message to say that we have now arrived in Perth. We got picked up from airport by all my husbands family- banners and balloons etc and it was a fantastic arrival. Bear in mind that it took us over an hour to get through immigaration and customs, even in the green channel.

So we are now here. The first couple of days we tried to relax but its hard when you are not on holiday! We have now applied for tax file numbers, have bank accounts, Neil has applied for his electrician registration (he bought all documentation with him which means he does not have to wait months to do his registration exam). We are getting through our long list, and feel we are making good progress. We are incredibly lucky to have family here to point us in the right direction, but most things arent too complicated.

We havent been out yet properly, but hopefully in the next couple of days we will meet some of the people we have been speaking to on this site. Then next week, we fly to Sydney for a 5 day break, which I am so lookjng forward too. We have been working so hard and have been so stressed for months now that this break is well needed.

Arriving in Perth doesnt feel like we can suddenly relax- it feels like the beginning of the hard work. We see it that we working on the foundations- the messy, boring work which will hopefully secure us a stable, comfortable and happy future.

If anyone has any questions or queries on our first week then please do not hesitate to contact me.

And a thank you. I havent written many posts on this site, but when I have so many have written such encouraging words in return. It has been and is very much appreciated.

Louise
Old Apr 15th 2003, 1:47 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have been in Perth a week!!

Originally posted by loulou74
Hello everyone!

Thought I would write a quick message to say that we have now arrived in Perth. We got picked up from airport by all my husbands family- banners and balloons etc and it was a fantastic arrival. Bear in mind that it took us over an hour to get through immigaration and customs, even in the green channel.

So we are now here. The first couple of days we tried to relax but its hard when you are not on holiday! We have now applied for tax file numbers, have bank accounts, Neil has applied for his electrician registration (he bought all documentation with him which means he does not have to wait months to do his registration exam). We are getting through our long list, and feel we are making good progress. We are incredibly lucky to have family here to point us in the right direction, but most things arent too complicated.

We havent been out yet properly, but hopefully in the next couple of days we will meet some of the people we have been speaking to on this site. Then next week, we fly to Sydney for a 5 day break, which I am so lookjng forward too. We have been working so hard and have been so stressed for months now that this break is well needed.

Arriving in Perth doesnt feel like we can suddenly relax- it feels like the beginning of the hard work. We see it that we working on the foundations- the messy, boring work which will hopefully secure us a stable, comfortable and happy future.

If anyone has any questions or queries on our first week then please do not hesitate to contact me.

And a thank you. I havent written many posts on this site, but when I have so many have written such encouraging words in return. It has been and is very much appreciated.

Louise
Hi Lousie

You lucky thing, you are were I wanna be right now!!! Whats the weather like?We are hoping to be over in September. Any info an anything would be dead useful!! How come you were stuck in customs for so long??
I take it Neil didnt get skills assessed over here before he went. My hubby is an electrician and not skills assessed either. Any info on taking the registration exams and documents etc needed would be extremely useful!
Good luck with settling in, and dont stress!! Just have loads of fun!

Old Apr 15th 2003, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Hi Louise,

You should have gone through the red channel like us!!! We declared the kids choccie etc and it was very quick!

Will e-mail you later

Loopy
Old Apr 15th 2003, 3:21 am
kkyliecuteass

hiya,

what a nice welcome from the family!
enjoy your new life

xxx

Old Apr 15th 2003, 5:03 am

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Louise,

Glad to hear you are there and arrived safely. Any info you can pass on to us would very useful.

Will be in Perth for about 9 days at the beginning of July. If you are around perhaps we could meet up and you could give us some pointers of where to start.

Good luck with everything.

Kate and Kev
Old Apr 15th 2003, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done!

We are hoping to be in Perth by the end of the year.....if you have a "TO DO" list compiled would you care to share???? Its great that you have family to advise you, we are going in blind!

All the best

Wannabe Wallaby
Old Apr 15th 2003, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

well done and all the best for your future.

Cheers booboo
Old Apr 15th 2003, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds wonderful congratulations, were hoping to go sept time. What suburb are you in?

like wannabewallaby interested in the "to do list"

james
Old Apr 15th 2003, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to you all with your new lives in Perth.

Keep us posted on any future developments.

footie chick
Old Apr 15th 2003, 8:30 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Nice to hear from yer.
I could do with some advice from Neal re: electrical license,just uncase I decide to get off me non-hirsuite butt and get to work.

Keep posting

BB-if I only use black and white cable,will the license be cheaper ?
Old Apr 15th 2003, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hello everyone!

Hi LouLou74
Glad everything is going so well,
I too am interested in a to do list!!!!! Please.

We have a buyer for the house, coming over on may 27th to validate visas, for 2 weeks, then hopefully near the stage of moving over for good can't wait.

good luck
c-ya Yve

Louise
Old Apr 16th 2003, 12:29 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Hello everyone!

We have now applied for tax file numbers, have bank accounts, Neil has applied for his electrician registration (he bought all documentation with him which means he does not have to wait months to do his registration exam).
Louise
Hi Louise,

Hope it's all going well.

Please let me know all about Neil's electrical registration. I'm also an electrician so I'd like to know what the process is.

Thanks,

Steve.