Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hates and Dislikes since living in Australia.

Hates and Dislikes since living in Australia.

Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:12 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hates and Dislikes since living in Australia.

Originally Posted by diddy
This threads gonna last a while.

And whilst I'm at it - Undertaking - drives me mad!
Its a nasty job, but someone has to do it !
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:25 am
ABCDiamond

Special Offers at the Pizza Shop !!

We just had a leaflet through the door, for a "Fathers Day Pizza Special"

One large Pizza for $6.95.........

We normally pay $5.95

Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

More minor niggles.

Advertising, is it regulated in any way?

Thrush ads including a graphic description of the symptons mid dinner time.

Mid 50's people singing about incontinence pants also at dinner time.

Lubrication ads during the simpsons generally watched by the 7 - 12 years age bracket.

Women singing sultanas on the grapevine on Foxtel, I thought thought the point of paying for television was not to get ads?

Funeral plan ads during childrens TV, the best one being the one which starts when MUM died.

Retirement homes advertising for over 45's :scared:

Oh well at least they are more amusing than the TV shows
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

While we are TV bashing, Channel 9 is a joke.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:39 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my dislikes....

I get annoyed when EVERY single item of school uniform has to have the school logo on it, and HAS to be bought from the school shop at hugely inflated prices. A pair of tracksuit pants = $9.99 from K-Mart, and $23 from the uniform shop - just as an example. That's just one item. When you've got 5 or 6 items per child, then x that by 2 3 or 4 it makes quite a difference.

And why they have to have a rucksack the size of something you'd use to trek in the Himalayas??? Just to hold a reader????
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

Not sure how to follow on from that.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:08 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

There is a good reason for some of these rules, take the playgroup one, generally speaking:
Many kids here do not get immunised, some parents choice ( I'm not talking about the parents who have a very good reason for not immunising their children ,like a known life threatening severe reaction to the immunisations) - but what they (the ones who have no good medical reason not to get them immunised) fail to realise ( or don't care attitude)is that they are putting other children at risk with their own selfish actions

A good friend of mine is pregnant, her immunity to rubella is zilch ( even though she says she had it as a child, and thought she was immune until blood tests showed otherwise)- If she picks up rubella now while pregnant there is a good chance the child will be born with deformities. I think it's something like 90 odd percent of her child being born with severe deformities if she picks up rubella in the first three or four months of her pregnancy. The chances go down further along the pregnancy 30 per cent etc etc ( a doctor or a nurse can confirm what I'm saying if there are any on here ) . She has been told to avoid children as the risk is too high, and working in childcare is not a good idea at the moment.for her.

This is one of the reasons you fill out all those forms stating the immunisations, diseases etc at playgroups for your children - why should any parent with their personal selfish beliefs/choices put another child or adult at risk ?

If some parents don't like it, find another playgroup. you've got choices, but when your choices infringe on others, it is not unfair to put certain rules onto things.

If everyone did the "right thing" there would be no need for some of the "stupid" rules.

Likes- rules that are there to protect the majority from those who are selfish/stupid in life
dislikes - rules that dangerously infringe on civil liberties.

Likes - nature
Dislikes - people who move into an environment and want to kill that natural environment/animals that they don't understand/don't like . Fear in some people is often caused by their lack of understanding. People fear what they do not understand.

Likes -The noisy birds
dislikes - noise which infringes on the natural peace , noise made from inanimate objects, such as noisy people with their lawnmowers, TV's etc etc
immensely dislikes - Birds in cages, as pets , it should be banned. Or perhaps tie the owners legs together, and lock them up in a cage to live.

Likes - cats, dogs etc
dislikes - some irresponsible owners of the above . dislikes pesticides, cultured lawns, bulldozers, population of the pest called humans destroying what is around them by their made pollution and diseases.

Likes the irony of it all
dislikes people who pass the buck, and have not got the mentality to look at the cause.

Likes the rain and sun
dislikes people who use weather as an excuse for their pure laziness.

dislikes - mindless TV programmes, soaps etc etc
Likes - really likes the "off" button

Likes the individuality of humans
dislikes people who stereotype's people, races, nations.

dislikes the word charv etc ,but there again I wasn't brought up like that - to look down on people less fortunate than myself.
Normally people who use these words are the ones with no breeding, manners. Pot calling kettle black in most cases if you look at the people who use this type of language.
Likes - non judgmental people, people who don't look down on others less fortunate than themselves.

likes fishing licences - not that you need one here in QLD for saltwater, but it's a good idea - they use the money to put back into the stocks, and research - Boat licence - of course you should have one, what makes you think you should have the right to jump behind any engine and put other people and your own life at risk. Trailer - it needs to be roadworthy, again you are putting others at risk if you think you can have no rego ( both a boat licence and a trailer licence is cheap as chips). Freshwater fishing is only 60 odd dollars a year, and allows you to fish in all stated impoundments in the list you get when you take out your licence in Qld - you need a freshwater licence for many stocked places in in The Uk too. money is used to stock the fish.

dislikes - people wanting something for free, but want all the benefits from others paying for it.

Likes freshly cooked beetroot on a plate.
dislikes Beetroot in sandwiches and burgers

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 31st 2005 at 4:14 am.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:09 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dshole
Not sure how to follow on from that.
Youse a bleedin' Pom haintcha?
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megalania
Wo' I 'ate is them Pomz wo' moves onter hacerage and wo' couldn't milk a bleeding cow ter save 'em selves. Just a bleedin' waste o' space, that's wo' it is.

Thats better. I promise if we ever find some acerage the first thing will be buy a cow
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:11 am
Just Joined

big sis has a brilliant futurebig sis has a brilliant futurebig sis has a brilliant futurebig sis has a brilliant futurebig sis has a brilliant futurebig sis has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by webgum
There's an advert on in Perth at the mo for some sale of repossession/bancrupcy stuff. The voiceover bloke just yells in a barely understandable way about what's on offer. I was flabbergasted when I saw it. Took the ads to a new low. Beats WA Salvage "We ain't fancy but we're cheap" hands down.

I CAN'T STAND that advert.

I wish people would learn how to use a duel lane roundabouts properly

I rather dislike it when the cat brings live snakes into the house :scared:
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:35 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

As I am an Aussie, I am putting the things that since arriving back home I have found I really missed while living in the UK.

Loves -
                    Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:36 am
                    Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wouldn't last a week without yer Paki dairymaid.
                    Bored today, this should keep your interest in other cultures busy for a while

http://www.google.co.in/
                    Old Aug 31st 2005, 5:46 am
                    Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ahh, for your dairymaid on her monthly afternoon off: Sify
                    Great website, i copied down a recipie and ordered my cow on line.

http://sify.com/shopping/product_det...rodid=13458104

Finally home shopping comes to OZ
                    Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:00 am
                    BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
                    Damn right, we've now got these right wingers banging on about tax cuts - but just for the top earners!

I'm a top earner and since I get buggerall for my tax anyway and have to pay for dole blodgers to put their children in private school with my children whilst they sit at home & produce more of the same I'd be really glad to get some of that hard earned money back, thank you very much!
                    Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:04 am
                    BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
                    Special Offers at the Pizza Shop !!

We just had a leaflet through the door, for a "Fathers Day Pizza Special"

One large Pizza for $6.95.........

We normally pay $5.95
                    Or even better! Our local pizza shop has a "special" on every week, but whenever I enquire about it (and I always do) the offer was valid until only moments before I entered the door. eg. if I arrive at 2pm it was valid until only 1pm or if I arrive at 4pm it was valid until only 3pm. I'm boycotting them now - wonder if they've noticed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.