Hastings

Old Aug 19th 2006, 10:52 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hastings

Anybody located themselves near Hastings on across the peninsula from Mount Martha.

Was checking the boat ramp out yesterday - great park for the kids and decent coffee.

Just interested in what its like because are also thinking along the lines of getting a beach house down there to store the boat and reduce the early morning drive from Malvern.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice
Default Re: Hastings

Originally Posted by thebears
Anybody located themselves near Hastings on across the peninsula from Mount Martha.

Was checking the boat ramp out yesterday - great park for the kids and decent coffee.

Just interested in what its like because are also thinking along the lines of getting a beach house down there to store the boat and reduce the early morning drive from Malvern.
Pelican Park is a great place to take kids swimming and as you say the park is great. It's also fun to feed the Pelicans.

We don't live there but have had a look around a asked a few people questions. One guy said it had a reputation for being a bit, 'jogging pants & mowey???!!!' Don't know what 'mowey' means but get the idea that it's had a bit of a downmarket image. I was also chatting to someone who works there that gave me the same impression.

HOWEVER, I have heard that the area is in the process of having a major overhaul and development. Hence, Pelican Park leisure centre. Also, the western port is being extended and improved. There were rumours of the Tyabb airfield being increased but I've been told this is not happening now. It is also only about a 25min drive to Mornington. I believe it's more expensive to buy on the Mornington side because of the sun setting over Port Phillip bay and the view of the city. Plus, the big BP depot is sited in Hastings. You can't exactly miss the green holding tanks and burners.

In my opinion it looks like the right time to get in there and buy something before the prices start going up, especially if it's a beach house you're looking for. I reckon it might not be a bad investment! But only quote me on that in the future if I'm right

We've just bought a little mirror sailboat and we're looking forward to a summer on the sea.

HTH a bit.
Caroline
Old Aug 20th 2006, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Spelling

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 20th 2006 at 12:24 am.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

That Mowey expression originated after the Jaden Leskey case and the People around it.... It actually refers to the Town of Moe, up in gippsland. Moe is also used as an acronym for Moccasins On Everyone. Equates to dole / drugging taking type community that only keep partners for a few months get preggers all the time and entertain themselves by beating each other up and pinching Cd's Dvd's and selling down the local Cash convertors. Australia is almost the exact opposite of the UK in regard to the location of these people, where in the UK you will find them in the Urban centres.... Here in Aussie they are general found on the fringes of the city.

I've just recently worked out why this could be.... Less public housing here, equates to the next cheapest housing is on the fringes or country centres where private rentals are low.

Footnote.... I've never heard of Hastings having this kind of reputaton before.... there again I'm not a local.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 20th 2006 at 12:27 am.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
That Mowey expression originated after the Jaden Leskey case and the People around it.... It actually refers to the Town of Moe, up in gippsland. Moe is also used as an acronym for Moccasins On Everyone. Equates to dole / drugging taking type community that only keep partners for a few months get preggers all the time and entertain themselves by beating each other up and pinching Cd's Dvd's and selling down the local Cash convertors. Australia is almost the exact opposite of the UK in regard to the location of these people, where in the UK you will find them in the Urban centres.... Here in Aussie they are general found on the fringes of the city.

I've just recently worked out why this could be.... Less public housing here, equates to the next cheapest housing is on the fringes or country centres where private rentals are low. __________________
Thanks. Glad to know what it means. Love your explaination...
Old Aug 20th 2006, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Cam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud of

I've got rellies living in Red Hill and they too reckon Hastings is a bit down-market. But there are plenty of other smaller places in the area which would be ideal for a holiday house. e.g. Somers, Balnarring.

PS: You can always count on the Eagle for an amusing and informative comment.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 12:43 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cam1977
I've got rellies living in Red Hill and they too reckon Hastings is a bit down-market. But there are plenty of other smaller places in the area which would be ideal for a holiday house. e.g. Somers, Balnarring.

PS: You can always count on the Eagle for an amusing and informative comment.
This is strange - noted the oil depot driving in but didnt really see (what we saw in Frankston).

Good to hear these comments though. The boat ramp was very good and coffee was worth waiting 20 mins for.