Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has the SH%$#T hit the fan,??

Has the SH%$#T hit the fan,??

Old Jun 8th 2004, 11:20 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Has the SH%$#T hit the fan,??

We, sent a 40 footer to , Dubai last week, employees of a major oil company. Got a fax to day , the containers getting turned in Singapore , coming back to AUS , the Wife and kids , back to AUS , he goes on his own. Life has changed. Any one in the UK noticed ,an increase in traffic , x arab areas, ,,,,,,,,,,,, MM
Old Jun 8th 2004, 11:28 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has the SH%$#T hit the fan,??

Originally posted by mr mover
We, sent a 40 footer to , Dubai last week, employees of a major oil company. Got a fax to day , the containers getting turned in Singapore , coming back to AUS , the Wife and kids , back to AUS , he goes on his own. Life has changed. Any one in the UK noticed ,an increase in traffic , x arab areas, ,,,,,,,,,,,, MM

Yep. The recent trouble in Saudi Arabia seems to be setting people jittering. Somehow people accept problems in Iraq/Iran etc, but can't cope when 'civilised' Saudi or Jordan becomes dangerous.

I have friends in Saudi who are coming back to the UK. My uncle goes out to Baghdad next month and we're all bricking it for him
Old Jun 8th 2004, 11:35 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I had just secured a job in Rhiyad ( Rhiyahd Al Kargh hospital) when trouble kicked off last time (about 10 years ago), and the company i was working for rang us every couple of hours to update us what was going on.....the day before i was due to fly they told us not to...it was too dangerous and they were flying all their employees back.
Its frightening to think that we could be caught up in all this....

sue
Old Jun 8th 2004, 11:40 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Yep. The recent trouble in Saudi Arabia seems to be setting people jittering. Somehow people accept problems in Iraq/Iran etc, but can't cope when 'civilised' Saudi or Jordan becomes dangerous.

I have friends in Saudi who are coming back to the UK. My uncle goes out to Baghdad next month and we're all bricking it for him
Just my opinion , Bundy but listening to a lot of the Oil patch ,people we deal with , your safer in , IRAN .IRAQ, than SAUDI, at the moment, one guy said , " you dont, Know who your friends are, and you hope your interpreter, is saying ,what you want him to say":scared: ............... MM
Old Jun 8th 2004, 11:42 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mr mover
Just my opinion , Bundy but listening to a lot of the Oil patch ,people we deal with , your safer in , IRAN .IRAQ, than SAUDI, at the moment, one guy said , " you dont, Know who your friends are, and you hope your interpreter, is saying ,what you want him to say":scared: ............... MM

That'd be my view too. It's all so unstable there, and I think Saudi is going to kick off soon - too many young, disaffected (mainly) men making easy targets for dissident groups.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
I had just secured a job in Rhiyad ( Rhiyahd Al Kargh hospital) when trouble kicked off last time (about 10 years ago), and the company i was working for rang us every couple of hours to update us what was going on.....the day before i was due to fly they told us not to...it was too dangerous and they were flying all their employees back.

sue
I turned down a job in Al Khobar at the beginning of last year. I think I made the right decision!!:scared:
Old Jun 8th 2004, 11:48 am
Banned

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins

sue
YES sue i remember ,checking a job xSAUDI, for ALICE SPRINGS, she left the Hospital ,for the same reasons, also the DO ,over the murder of a nurse, by a couple of friends.................. MM