has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:43 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

'straylee-er rocks, it has hidden shallows
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:01 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
So funny in fact, you had to post it twice
Yes, my ZoneAlarm scan has started interfering with online activities and the post appeared to "hang". I actually had to reboot to get control of my comfuser back.

And it was SUCH an important comment I just *had* to make sure it went out <g>
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:04 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gary.Edinburgh
Once in australia has things lived up to your expectations?????????????
Jobs, lifestyle, schooling, housing, cars, friends, etc

Not for me, it was a cultural and social shock...gave it a good 18 months..but no it did not get near my expectations.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by this charming man
Im on my way,i lived in Noble Park/Keysboro in 1991,please dont tell me they still point at planes? "Iron bird in sky!" etc etc
Bumping an old post but mate, Noble Park is anecdotedly, one of the worst suburbs in Melbourne a) due to socio-economic levels, b) demographics - friction etc etc.

There was even a police presence (in the form of a pre-fab kiosk for a while).

Back to the question. We came expecting a little house in a suburb, and got a bit more land than we were expecting, but as important, a village and community in the foothills of the Dandenongs.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:25 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

I don't put high expectations on locations.....

Melbourne would of exceeded any I thought of subconsciously. It has that quiet self confident appeal, much the same as the quiet girls who turn out to be absolute whores in the back alleys... oops wrong thread/forum

The experience so far has proved a far more bonding time for my immediate family.

Its not really the location you end of comparing - its your journey and your own resolve/attitude at the end of it.

If your a winner in life you will always look at an hill incline as the start of a wicked descent no matter what your location.

If your a "battler" what ever the location there will be something not quite right. (At least in melbourne you will find loads of winners happy to piggyback you over the hill).
Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Absoletly without question - YES. ( but then i didn't come here thinking it was some sort of Utopia! )
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

shannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really nice

Originally Posted by talbot
Don't know about that area, we're in Williamstown, nice place and only 20 mins to the city.
Lots more around Noble and Keysie now. Foreigners there (your one) Older area. More people moving out 10 minute drive to fountain gate. Back them it was the each to now where but now its thriving. South East subs are good living. Thats where l grew up.