Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has cost of shipping personal effects soared???

Has cost of shipping personal effects soared???

Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Default Has cost of shipping personal effects soared???

I just got a couple of quotes and I am shocked - moving 2-4 boxes from Oz to UK and the quote for 1 tea carton is in excess of $500.

Has anyone moved a couple of tea cartons/boxes lately in either direction and what was the cost like???

Thanks, Sue
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice
Default Re: Has cost of shipping personal effects soared???

My mate has just shipped some boxes back to Scotland and was quoted about $500 each and got it down to around $180 with UPS.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I think it's more expensive from Oz to the UK than the other way round. Our friends went back to the UK for a while and shipped a few boxes and it was twice as much as our shipment from the UK in comparison.

Best to shop around!

KK
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by koalakim
Hi

I think it's more expensive from Oz to the UK than the other way round. Our friends went back to the UK for a while and shipped a few boxes and it was twice as much as our shipment from the UK in comparison.

Best to shop around!

KK
Thanks a million for the replies will check out UPS - interestingly I got a quote from Excess Baggage in UK and it was triple what I paid with them on the way over.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you are going back to the UK. (We met before you came out here on one of the "meets" near St Alban's.)
Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
Sorry to hear you are going back to the UK. (We met before you came out here on one of the "meets" near St Alban's.)
Hi Ozhappy - it is a long story but I will post a proper date when I get the move over. Love Oz just hate working here.

Sue x