Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has australia lost it sparkle???

Has australia lost it sparkle???

Old Jan 6th 2011, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has australia lost it sparkle???

Originally Posted by itxrd

p.s Bermudashorts - the weather in the last 6 months here is the worst you have ever encountered. Must be nice having lived in Hawaii all your life ;-)
No not Hawaii. Manchester for the first 19 years, Liverpool for 6 years, London for 11 years, Bermuda for 2 years, Herfordshire for 2 years, Sydney for 6 months.

And without any shadow of a doubt in my mind, taken as a whole the last six months has been the worst weather I have EVER experienced.

Of course there have been beautiful days, but I am talking about as a whole, in no six month period have I ever before experienced this volume of rain.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 3:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
God this is such a cliche!
What did kids do in UK before X-box and street corners?
Old Jan 6th 2011, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
No not Hawaii. Manchester for the first 19 years, Liverpool for 6 years, London for 11 years, Bermuda for 2 years, Herfordshire for 2 years, Sydney for 6 months.

And without any shadow of a doubt in my mind, taken as a whole the last six months has been the worst weather I have EVER experienced.

Of course there have been beautiful days, but I am talking about as a whole, in no six month period have I ever before experienced this volume of rain.
Hmmm very strange. I don't know what planet you are on. I've been here the last 6 months and while it was a bit cold and the housing insulation is poor its still been miles better than in the UK.

Were you in the UK last winter? Maybe you thought the weather then was very nice. Don't know if you've seen the news but its meant to be quite cold out there now.

I think its quite a ridiculous statement you have once again come out with
Old Jan 6th 2011, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Tracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Cider and parks
Old Jan 6th 2011, 3:36 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Well who knows. One thing's for sure they must've been indoors, the climate being that inhospitable and akin to Siberia year round. It's funny, I have childhood memories of playing in the park, the woods, at the BMX track...getting told off for coming home late. We even had a beach in our town...and yes, we played there too. I'm sure I've imagined it all though.

EDIT: oh yeah, in later years there was a smigeon of cider involved, occasionally!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 3:59 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracemul7
Cider and parks
Well who knows. One thing's for sure they must've been indoors, the climate being that inhospitable and akin to Siberia year round. It's funny, I have childhood memories of playing in the park, the woods, at the BMX track...getting told off for coming home late. We even had a beach in our town...and yes, we played there too. I'm sure I've imagined it all though.

EDIT: oh yeah, in later years there was a smigeon of cider involved, occasionally!
Ah, much like the sub arctic hinterland of my birth then. Except in Canada we had marijuana instead of cider.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:02 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, much like the sub arctic hinterland of my birth then. Except in Canada we had marijuana instead of cider.
Yeah I remember seeing that episode of Degrassi jr high - terrible problem!

Thankfully it would never happen here...the kids are too busy surfing, swimming and helping old ladies across roads.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm very strange. I don't know what planet you are on. I've been here the last 6 months and while it was a bit cold and the housing insulation is poor its still been miles better than in the UK.

Were you in the UK last winter? Maybe you thought the weather then was very nice. Don't know if you've seen the news but its meant to be quite cold out there now.

I think its quite a ridiculous statement you have once again come out with
I haven't said I was cold. I have not said that Australia is colder than the UK, because that would be an absurd thing to say. I have referred only to rain, which is the weather I thoroughly dislike.

Are you denying that it has been raining quite a lot in Australia? Rather than argue, perhaps there are some rainfall charts you could study.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't said I was cold. I have not said that Australia is colder than the UK, because that would be an absurd thing to say. I have referred only to rain, which is the weather I thoroughly dislike.

Are you denying that it has been raining quite a lot in Australia? Rather than argue, perhaps there are some rainfall charts you could study.
They're in St Kilda, a bit of a distance from Sydney, maybe they're unaware of differences in weather around the country.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:19 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They're in St Kilda
No, that's me!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah it has rained a bit. Not as much as Manchester though. It rains there all the time.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:24 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it has rained a bit. Not as much as Manchester though. It rains there all the time.
Actually statistically most capital cities in Australia get more annual rainfall than Manchester.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Manchester drizzles in a fairly mild manner. It is nothing like the rainfall experienced here.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No, that's me!
Oh oops so it is
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Manchester drizzles in a fairly mild manner. It is nothing like the rainfall experienced here.
Ach its not that bad and at least your brolly isn't swept away in the wind. Yes its a bit worst than I thought it would be but after 30 yrs in the Uk the weather here is miles better.

You probably expected 35 degrees of sunshine every day and experienced a few drops of rain. if only you'd checked those rainfall charts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.