Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has australia lost it sparkle???

Has australia lost it sparkle???

Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:20 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has australia lost it sparkle???

Originally Posted by hevs
OMG! Again, I paid zero to have Flynn (and I should think he cost medicare tens of thousands ) ....the only thing we paid for was when we finally left the hospital for some iron meds and vitamins to protect against ricketts

It really DOES depend so much where you live oviously.

Any time now GG?
He's due in five days. I fully expect to be waiting at least another two weeks.

And, yes, should have said - that's in Sydney.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:28 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
There are differences in households too. When I go, I go to the dodgy 'one visit, one-pill-and that's your lot Kmart' mob round the back of the hospital. Aids admission when they get the wrong pill. When the Missus goes, she pays to have a little consultation not one mile away with a dashing doctor who hands out lollies to the kids and she hangs on every word and calls him 'Dr'. He did suggest to her that I should retrain as a GP - (where does he think the money is going to come from?!)
Jesus...the mind boggles.
Just so you know MY DR (for the last 5 years) and funnily enough I call him Dr too, works at the clinic you so badly slander and have had nothing but the best of treatment. I can get in to see him whenever he is working and he knows ALL of our family history and was the driving force behind Niall finally getting his diagnosis and therefore help at school this year. I am exceedingly glad that he doesnt hand out lollies to my kids. I have never been given the wrong medication and we have used the place for having stiches in and out, ingrowing toe nails removed etc etc.

The Drs that are there after hours are great to see if its just a kids sore throat, or you need anti b's for pussy tonsils....no consultation/ time waste needed for that, surely?
Old Jan 5th 2011, 3:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George

Hold out to the 18th. All the best babies were born January 18th.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 3:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Hold out until September 20th, even better babies born then!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 3:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Na. Everyone knows Capricorns are the best. Jesus was a Capricorn.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 3:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Na. Everyone knows Capricorns are the best. Jesus was a Capricorn.
Anyway I thought he was 'born' sometime in March? Methinks you're writing porkies
Old Jan 5th 2011, 3:31 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

That's the date I've had in my head since the beginning.

Elephants have shorter pregnancies!

First of all, we need to agree a short list of names. And pack a hospital bag. I suspect I may be a little too laid back about this pregnancy.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, we need to agree a short list of names. And pack a hospital bag. I suspect I may be a little too laid back about this pregnancy.
I was 8 days overdue with my first and had an extremely long labour. With my second he arrived one day late and after an extremely short labour. So, it is possible to get caught out. Good luck, GG.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 4:13 am
Still alive

First of all, we need to agree a short list of names.
Theodore. It's Dorothy, only for boys.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

My first was born on the 15th (she's 12 this year) and have a lovely nephew on the 18th so I agree with Dorothy, either of those dates are good. I was due with my first around the 30th January and hadn't even bought anything when she decided to come a couple of weeks early. You don't need half the rubbish they tell you to get or take to hospital anyway, chances are you'll only be in there for a day or two all going well. Good luck (and don't let them make you go two weeks over).
Old Jan 5th 2011, 4:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I don't remember ever packing a hospital bag. I think I shoved a couple of baby grows in a shopping bag together with a tshirt whilst on the way out of the door.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:37 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember ever packing a hospital bag.
I didnt for my last two...with Flyn I was in jammies and ugg boots and grabbed my phone as the ambos arrived

GG, you're an old hand..just remember to be there in time and you'll be just fine
Old Jan 5th 2011, 7:20 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Just so you know MY DR (for the last 5 years) and funnily enough I call him Dr too, works at the clinic you so badly slander and have had nothing but the best of treatment. I can get in to see him whenever he is working and he knows ALL of our family history and was the driving force behind Niall finally getting his diagnosis and therefore help at school this year. I am exceedingly glad that he doesnt hand out lollies to my kids. I have never been given the wrong medication and we have used the place for having stiches in and out, ingrowing toe nails removed etc etc.

The Drs that are there after hours are great to see if its just a kids sore throat, or you need anti b's for pussy tonsils....no consultation/ time waste needed for that, surely?
ahhhhh but does he tell you your old man ought to be a Dr
Old Jan 5th 2011, 11:00 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
What is brighter, better and sparklier for your kids in OZ??
I have never been to Oz personally and don't really have any definite intention to do so but my cousin and her partner moved there from North Wales with her two small boys when they were very young and then had to return to the UK after just over a year due to family issues and she said that her kids seemed generally a lot more lively and independant in Melbourne than they did when they got back.

In Melbourne the kids would be out playing all the time of their own choosing and be constantly active whereas when they returned to the UK the kids seemed happy to just stay indoors more, go to McDonalds and play on their DS.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

It's great, does me nicely and fits the bill. I'm having a bit of fun at both myself and the mrs expense ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.