Reload this Page >

Has anyone used OE Visas

Has anyone used OE Visas

Old May 28th 2004, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

castrie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone used OE Visas

Hi there

We are going to apply to Australia and have had an assesment from Overseas-emigration Visas (OE Visa) They have said we stand a good chance of getting in to Oz but We would be interested to hear if anyone has used them or had experience with them

many thanks

Castrie
Old May 28th 2004, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Polly58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone used OE Visas

Hi Castrie

We are with OE Visa's and they have been great the whole way through. Our application was lodged on 5th September last year, we waited patiently until April 6th, when we had the request for police checks and medicals. We had already done these in March and sent them back by return post. We are going on the Skilled - Australian sponsored visa so the next step was to wait for the request for bonds to be lodged. This came 4 weeks after we sent the medicals and was lodged immediately. We're expecting the visas to arrive any week now!!
We originally met OE Visas at Sandown and decided to go with them because they chatted and gave us some good feed back at the actual event rather than fobbing us off with a form to complete and be contacted after the event. We are looked after by Alana at Edinburgh who is always extremely efficient and responds to all emails on the same day.
Good luck, I have no reservations in recommending them.

Sonia
Old May 28th 2004, 5:34 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Sonia,

When you say Skilled - Australian sponsored, is it Employer Nomination Scheme ?

We are going through ENS and would like to know how long is the application in London before it is processed and visa approved. Either way, If your sponsorship application was sent to London can you give me an idea of timeline.

Thanks,

Molly.
Old May 28th 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

hi!

We've used OE and come out the other side!

OE got our TRA application through in 22 days and our main skilled independant ( 136 ) visa through in 4 months and a few days.

At the time, it seemed like a long wait but looking back, OE ensured that our application was 100% before it went off and got us the result we wanted ( and in super quick time too!!! ).

We have no reservations atall in recommending O E Visas.

Good luck.
Old May 28th 2004, 11:38 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: OE Visas

Hiya

Us too! We met Owen at York last May. Ours was a difficult one on nominated occupation and skills assessment but they were the ONLY ones who gave us ANY sort of hope we could do it. After long discussions by phone a meeting and more phone calls they help me put in my skills assessment as an Electronics Engineering Technologist 2128-15 which got me 60pts on the SOL as my nominated occupation but since gaining my degree I've work in Sport, Leisure & Recreation so my reference went through as 2549-19 Recreation Officer also on the SOL.
We submitted in late Oct03 under 138 SOS and told to get PCCs and Meds 23rd April. PCCs came back in 3wks and now have Meds on Friday 4th June!
Tony has been dealing with the majority of the application to that point. Now it is Rosie and the admin team in Edinburgh who are great but Tony is still on hand if we need him.
"Safari So-Goody!" My bro-in-law lives in Sydney so thats where we get the extra points.
House is up for sale now and already had a viewing! EEK! Hoping to go about Oct/Nov time!
I would recommend them. They do know their business.
The ENS scheme is a different animal. You need to have an employer say that they cannot find any appropriately skilled Australian to do that job. They have to advertise so many times(no. ?) for someone in Oz first before they can nominate you. Then the process gets griefy as far as I know...but good luck..don't gove up on it.
We didn't!
Old May 29th 2004, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Lisa & Rich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone used OE Visas

Hi Castrie

We are with OE Visas, our applciation was lodged in September last year and we have had meds and are waiting for our police checks to come back.

We had an initial consultation with them after an article in the Sunday Times about people moving abroad and found them approchable and helpful.

I must say that our application has been straightforward and there have been times when I wondered whether it was money well spent going through an agent. We did have what they called a 100% fee refund if we were not accepted (athought its not quite 100%) which was reassuring when we started the process.

Nevertheless OE have been very good. They helped us with suggestions for proving a de facto relastionshiop that we would not have thought of and are always very quick to repsond to any queries I have.

Would I recommend them? Yes I think that I would for their experience and friendly attitude to whatever questions I come up with.

I would also recommend this site as an invaluable source of oz info. I have become addticed over the last year and you an pick up all sorts of useful info.

Good luck with your application.

Lisa
Old May 29th 2004, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Polly58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Molly

Sorry but I can't help on the ENS. The Skilled-Australian Sponsored route which we are taking is of the family kind! My brother is in Perth and is sponsoring us, we get an extra 15 points.

Good Luck

Sonia
Old May 31st 2004, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Glad to hear so much positive feedback on OE Visas. We began the process with them at the end of April and although we are at an early stage all the communications with them so far, have been excellent ie quick response to e-mails and satisfactory answeres to all questions.
I'll keep you posted as to the progress of our application.

Regards