Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used excess international movers?

Has anyone used excess international movers?

Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of
Smile Has anyone used excess international movers?

Had a quote from them, cheapest so far also most helpful.Has anyone used them before?What did you think of them?Any comments i would be grateful for good and bad.Thanks Nikki
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone used excess international movers?

I used/am using excess international... and the wifey dealing with my move use USELESS!!!

absolutly shocking service, never get's back to emails and calls, have called her and she pretended that it wasn't her (and i totally know it was!), and the people they've hooked me up with this end have been just about as bad!!

think it's the same for almost all moving companies tho - some people have a bad experience, some good! know of others on here who've got on fine!!

simply.... wouldn't use them ever again!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

bazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nicebazperth is just really nice

Hi There. We used them approx 6 months ago when we moved from London to Perth.I visited there depot in Wembely and met the girl handeling our move.They certainly had what looked like a good operation going on.They were one of the cheapest and we had no problems at all with them.The 2 guys they sent around to do he packing were very careful and efficient and took the time to wrap even very small objects perfectly.It all arrived 6 weeks later no probs. We sent our car over with them later as we were so impressed. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

We've had quotes from them and the folks we've dealt with have been very responsive, so we'll be using them.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 5:44 pm
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Originally Posted by upthehammers
Had a quote from them, cheapest so far also most helpful.Has anyone used them before?What did you think of them?Any comments i would be grateful for good and bad.Thanks Nikki
We have used them to move us from Whitby in North Yorkshire to Brisbane. The packing was A1 with 6 guys doing the packing at one time, everything ,well wrapped.
As for the other end... we dont move to Oz until June so our things are in store in London for a while.
Hopefully, the service in Oz will be just as good
And yes they were the cheapest quote!
Ange
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Hi

We are using them.
Best quote out of all the others.
Just under £1500.00 for 300 cubic feet.
They have been and everything is gone.
Guys where great worked very hard and got it all done in no time.
Everything was well packed.
Have had to contact them and have had no problems with them.

Beth
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:30 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

www.excessbaggage.com ..........
We would get 3 containers a month into Adelaide, from EB they generallly do a good job ,but have their moments like us all................. mm
Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Yep, we used them and they were excellent.

Two blokes arrived and packed everything, they were friendly, chatty, but got on with their work and were very professional.

In Australia we had two blokes again and they were just as good. Everytime I contacted them either in the UK or Oz they couldn't have been more helpful. I would certainly recommend them.

Best of luck with your move.

Hazel
Old Apr 25th 2006, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kevhaze
Yep, we used them and they were excellent.

Two blokes arrived and packed everything, they were friendly, chatty, but got on with their work and were very professional.

In Australia we had two blokes again and they were just as good. Everytime I contacted them either in the UK or Oz they couldn't have been more helpful. I would certainly recommend them.

Best of luck with your move.

Hazel
Thank you for all your replies i think we will use them as they really do seem very good.Nikki
Old Apr 25th 2006, 11:48 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

We used them and our stuff is scheduled to arrive at port today. Hopefully won't have to wait too long for it.

We were happy (ish) when they collected.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:47 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Has anyone used excess international movers?

Originally Posted by mr mover
www.excessbaggage.com ..........
We would get 3 containers a month into Adelaide, from EB they generallly do a good job ,but have their moments like us all................. mm
Which company do you work for, Mr Mover?

Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:27 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Which company do you work for, Mr Mover?

WE contract to www.grace.com.au ........Adelaide ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mm
Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:37 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Has anyone used excess international movers?

WE contract to www.grace.com.au ........Adelaide ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mm
Aha... Adelaide. Just the place I'm moving to in a couple of years.

I must keep you in mind, Mr Mover. Will I be able to use your company to ship my gear over from the UK?

Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Aha... Adelaide. Just the place I'm moving to in a couple of years.

I must keep you in mind, Mr Mover. Will I be able to use your company to ship my gear over from the UK?

WE do work for John Masons, Dorree bonner, inter pac , Brittania etc, so if you use these companys theirs a good chance ................. mm
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:00 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Has anyone used excess international movers?

WE do work for John Masons, Dorree bonner, inter pac , Brittania etc, so if you use these companys theirs a good chance ................. mm
Well then. I'll be sure to remember that.