British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Has anyone used 'Australian Recruiting' company? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/has-anyone-used-australian-recruiting-company-305851/)

lynnlovessun May 30th 2005 11:12 am

Has anyone used 'Australian Recruiting' company?

Hi

I am a nurse living in Scotland who is emigrating to Brisbane in November this year. I have been in touch with 'Australian Recruiting' about community nurse work they are advertising on www.seek.com.au - the initial response has been great and they have assured me that they can get me full time community nursing work no problems working for one of the 2 biggest providers of community nursing care - Bluecare and The St Luke's nursing service - they also want my husband to forward his CV (he is a senior Design Engineer - automotive industry in Scotland) to the Engineering department of the company to help him find a job.

My question is - has anyone used this company and if so how did you find them?

And secondly is this just too good to be true!? What do the recruitment company get out of this?

I understand that the majority of work in Australia is temporary anyway - I'm just fearful that these companies often promise everything and deliver nothing so would appreciate any advice people can give me.

Thanks - Lynn :)

philian4 May 30th 2005 11:17 am

Re: Has anyone used 'Australian Recruiting' company?

Just a quick warning regarding nursing recruitment agencies. You may remember I had a terrible time with Oxley Health nursing agency based in Brisbane. It seems the recruitment consultant concerned is now working for/or has set up another agency called 'Australian recruiting'. Be very very careful or steer clear. Just do a search and you'll find in detail the problems I had. Best wishes annie

Hi Lynne,

Saw this the other day on the nursing forum.......check it out with Glittababe.

Sounds like the same one :scared:

Phil x

pako May 30th 2005 11:19 am

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi

I am a nurse living in Scotland who is emigrating to Brisbane in November this year. I have been in touch with 'Australian Recruiting' about community nurse work they are advertising on www.seek.com.au - the initial response has been great and they have assured me that they can get me full time community nursing work no problems working for one of the 2 biggest providers of community nursing care - Bluecare and The St Luke's nursing service - they also want my husband to forward his CV (he is a senior Design Engineer - automotive industry in Scotland) to the Engineering department of the company to help him find a job.

My question is - has anyone used this company and if so how did you find them?

And secondly is this just too good to be true!? What do the recruitment company get out of this?

I understand that the majority of work in Australia is temporary anyway - I'm just fearful that these companies often promise everything and deliver nothing so would appreciate any advice people can give me.

Thanks - Lynn :)

they take about 5% of your wages!

lynnlovessun May 30th 2005 11:43 am

Originally Posted by philian4
Just a quick warning regarding nursing recruitment agencies. You may remember I had a terrible time with Oxley Health nursing agency based in Brisbane. It seems the recruitment consultant concerned is now working for/or has set up another agency called 'Australian recruiting'. Be very very careful or steer clear. Just do a search and you'll find in detail the problems I had. Best wishes annie

Hi Lynne,

Saw this the other day on the nursing forum.......check it out with Glittababe.

Sounds like the same one :scared:

Phil x

Thanks to both of you for your replies - just done the old search and found Glittababes old thread and blow me down I am dealing with the very same recruitment consultant that gave her enormous problems - she sounded absolutely awful - won't now be touching this company with a bargepole as the consultant has moved from Oxley healthcare to Australian Recruiting!

Think I will be back to searching for a job independently - seems that many of the agencies are bad.

Lynn :eek:

glittababe May 30th 2005 1:43 pm

Thanks to both of you for your replies - just done the old search and found Glittababes old thread and blow me down I am dealing with the very same recruitment consultant that gave her enormous problems - she sounded absolutely awful - won't now be touching this company with a bargepole as the consultant has moved from Oxley healthcare to Australian Recruiting!

Think I will be back to searching for a job independently - seems that many of the agencies are bad.

Lynn :eek:

Lyn was just about to PM you! Steer well clear of her! I'm now in the process of trying to get some compensation for what happened from Oxley. They've already sacked her but are basically responsible for what she put us through as they employed her. Solicitor say's it won't go to court as it'll be too expensive for them, so it'll be an out of court settlement. Have a feeling this could go on for a long while! Best wishes Annie

lynnlovessun May 30th 2005 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by glittababe
Lyn was just about to PM you! Steer well clear of her! I'm now in the process of trying to get some compensation for what happened from Oxley. They've already sacked her but are basically responsible for what she put us through as they employed her. Solicitor say's it won't go to court as it'll be too expensive for them, so it'll be an out of court settlement. Have a feeling this could go on for a long while! Best wishes Annie

Thank god for this forum!!!!!! She is e-mailing me on Wed again about specific 'community nurse' job's - think I will politely e-mail back and say i'm no longer interested due to hearing negative things about agencies or shall I say that it is her that I have heard negative stuff about?!
She is advertising on seek.com.au - its her that replies to your CV/ e-mail enquiry. Knew it was too good to be true so back to the DIRECT job search with the community nursing companies from now on!

Lynn :beer:

Grayling May 30th 2005 7:47 pm

Thank god for this forum!!!!!! She is e-mailing me on Wed again about specific 'community nurse' job's - think I will politely e-mail back and say i'm no longer interested due to hearing negative things about agencies or shall I say that it is her that I have heard negative stuff about?!
She is advertising on seek.com.au - its her that replies to your CV/ e-mail enquiry. Knew it was too good to be true so back to the DIRECT job search with the community nursing companies from now on!

I once had some dealings with the person in question and once met her in Brisbane.

They were not much help (the 'old' agency).

I think you should try independently.

It is not difficult and, at least, you will get the type of job YOU want and not where the agency want to place you.

Good luck

G

glittababe May 30th 2005 8:51 pm

They aren't real jobs she comes up with!!!!! She promised me the job of my choice in an area I wanted. She emailed every week with details of various jobs in loads of 'nice' areas. When it came down to the nitty gritty of it (in a room somewhere in brisbane), she told me there were no jobs in the area or field I wanted and planned on placing me on a surgical unit in a hospital 40-60 mins drive away! The bloody problems her lies cost!