Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone noticed how people dress here?

Has anyone noticed how people dress here?

Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:21 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Has anyone noticed how people dress here?

Originally Posted by Wendy
Aye, them were the days eh Sam?

Can't get away with it now though, there'd be mass bannings
That pool table in The Docile Trollop never recovered ... the balls still slow up.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Oh I remember the camel toe thread, peed my pants over that one.
I didn't know what a camel toe was until I read that thread
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
That pool table in The Docile Trollop never recovered ... the balls still slow up.

It's when they stick you need to worry!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:47 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunbather
I didn't know what a camel toe was until I read that thread
Nor me. We used to call 'em 'burgers'
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:58 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Is this another one of those instances where the OP thinks they are "normal" and 20M Aussies are weird

A funny (I think so anyway) little story for you - we nipped into the new IGA at Kinross (so posh they have a security guard outside for the kids to tease . As we are about to get out of the car, this missus tries to get a bobble off my daughter "because my hair is a mess". In the end I persuade her to go in as she is and be more Aussie about it. So in we walk, her in a pelmet of a skirt and 2 saucer sized wet-patches on her chest from her wet bikini underneath, me in a wet t-shirt (shudder) and swimming shorts. I wouldn't say we were the best dressed in there but we were hardly out of place.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't be doing with those who walk around with no shoes on. Errr!!! manky
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice

OH and I were in Australia Dec05/Jan06 and we loved the relaxed attitude to what you wear - it's one of the things I'm looking forward to as well as living in a city clean enough where I can go without shoes if I choose. I can't imagine spending a fortune to have an "in" bag or pair of jeans - who, apart from OP obviously, gives a crap?

Someone said it before - here in the UK kids are teased and bullied for not wearing the right kinds of clothes which in turn puts the pressure on their parents to fork out for them...it's a ridiculous state of affairs. Have you had a good look around in town of a weekend, little kids are wearing clothes more suited to adults - it's awful to see little girls in knee high boots and little boys who look like cut down versions of their dads.

If your concern is what you or others around you is wearing then a full life you do not lead IMO.

When we get over there I'll be looking for either laid back Britons or Aussie friends - I don't want my experience of Oz to turn into just a sunnier UK. We are going for the relaxed pace and change of lifestyle - not to be slagged off for our choice of clothes.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:09 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I take it nobody else who has posted so far is bothered about your use of the word retard.
I didn't spot it Blame it on my cotton wool head, which is having problems just with the basics (ie had to ask OH the other day what cow meat is called).

FWIW I'm actually dressing smarter these days to go to work, because most Australians seem to make quite an effort to look smart.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

I still don't know what a 'camel toe' is ...or a 'muffin top'
Yes northernbird, the use of the word 'retard' bothered me too
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

When I got here 15 yrs ago and applied for jobs in Sydney, I was seriously shocked at the high standard of business dress. I went away and restyled myself somewhat. Quite embarrassing!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:21 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
I still don't know what a 'camel toe' is ...or a 'muffin top'
Yes northernbird, the use of the word 'retard' bothered me too
A camel toe is where a woman wears her trousers so tight that it slices her vagina into two and makes it look like a rather porky camel toe.

A beetles bonnet is where the trousers are tight but not splitting it into two pieces, its just one chunky fat one.

A muffin top is where a woman wears a top too tight/short and she pours over each side of her skirt/jeans and it looks like one of those fat muffins you get in Starbucks.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
A camel toe is where a woman wears her trousers so tight that it slices her vagina into two and makes it look like a rather porky camel toe.

A beetles bonnet is where the trousers are tight but not splitting it into two pieces, its just one chunky fat one.

A muffin top is where a woman wears a top too tight/short and she pours over each side of her skirt/jeans and it looks like one of those fat muffins you get in Starbucks.
Well i hope it clears it up for some of you ?

else we gonna have to move on to diagrams

S.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:27 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scott&rachel

S.
{snort}

I dare you to go to Google Image and search 'Camel toe'.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

What the ??????
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone noticed how people dress here?-elvis.jpg  
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scott&rachel

S.
Don't put the diagrams on here...pleeeeeease! Its been done, it wasn't pretty and it had an end involving the words "thread closed"...........!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.