Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone noticed how people dress here?

Has anyone noticed how people dress here?

Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:29 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone noticed how people dress here?

Originally Posted by Wendy
I have two
Now that is just greedy.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:32 am
Just Joined

mrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nice

Originally Posted by mosquito_bait
Hey Alex, your attitude has reminded me why I give thanks every day that I spend my life with Australians and not poms.

Thanks.

amen to that.

can the thread starter please post a pic to show us how it should be done
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Love the way people dress in Aus - refreshing/individual/carefree!

Much better than having kids mugged because they aren't wearing the right trainers if you ask me
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:37 am
Just Joined

mrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nicemrwed is just really nice

Originally Posted by iPom
I'm bothered, but I thought it spoke volumes about the OP that he chose to use the word so I didn't comment.

I personally think him and his wife have run out of things to say to each other and this is how they spend their evenings, laughing at the locals, because otherwise they'd be forced to look at their own inadequacies and face the horrid truth about themselves.

couldn't have put it better
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:00 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I take it nobody else who has posted so far is bothered about your use of the word retard.
Note to self must read posts more carefully

Sam
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:09 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I wear designer clothes and I'm better than everyone else.

So there.
I was behind you at some traffic lights the other day, your new motor is very nice indeedy.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:20 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
Its the no shoes thing that get me, why???? that totally shocked me when i first arrived and there was a guy in supermarket shopping barefoot lol!!!!!
I know. It's like that middle-age Yorkshire couple on the Catherine Tate show isn't it?

"The dirty, shoe less, antipodean, former convict bastards!"
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Im sorry to be blunt but the british are hardly known for their style are they?

People in glass houses and all that....

Ive seen loads of girls where I live and work to be honest, walking around in the summer with their fannies all but hanging out.

Im sure that the camel toe and muffin tops are the in-thing with the young girls in the UK.

You cant miss them, some of these girls think that to split ones vagina in half with the tightest of jeans, or to have a large belly overhang over their trousers is the cool thing to do.

And what makes it worse, is the designer gear they wear to show off the above, as if it makes it any better.

The aussies might not have the fashion sense that some Brits might think they should but if we are going to slate them for it, then perhaps we should look a little closer to home.
I Agree, i have known many continentals who shudder at the atire of many of the Brits, especially when it is minus 4 degrees and all the women are out in clothes better suited to summer... try going to Italy to see how fashion really works. I think this 'my 500 pound Gucci atire is better than your Matalan gear is a crock of s**t, personally i think anyone who relies on looking posh to get on in life is missing the point..i much prefer the relaxed attitude to dress
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Loiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by turkey12903
I currently live in Leeds and people here are so concerned about 'labels' I cant wait to move to OZ. Who cares about Harvey Nicks!! I cant wit to hit the beach with as little on as poss.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Cam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
Love the way people dress in Aus - refreshing/individual/carefree!

Much better than having kids mugged because they aren't wearing the right trainers if you ask me
Couldn't agree more. Exactly what I was thinking.

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
I know. It's like that middle-age Yorkshire couple on the Catherine Tate show isn't it?

"The dirty, shoe less, antipodean, former convict bastards!"
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:04 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Yes but you are nobody unless you have a camel toe.
Is this a Camel Toe? ...

Oh and I love strolling around the supermarket bare foot! ... couln't do that in Sainsbury's ...
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Is this a Camel Toe? ...

http://usera.imagecave.com/piccies/4.jpg

Oh and I love strolling around the supermarket bare foot! ... couln't do that in Sainsbury's ...

Nah, that's the rhino look
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:12 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wendy
Nah, that's the rhino look
Ahhhh, I thought THIS was the Camel Toe look ...
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:17 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Ahhhh, I thought THIS was the Camel Toe look ...
That is a 'beetles bonnet'.

Oh I remember the camel toe thread, peed my pants over that one.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

That is a 'beetles bonnet'.

Oh I remember the camel toe thread, peed my pants over that one.

Aye, them were the days eh Sam?

Can't get away with it now though, there'd be mass bannings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.