Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has anyone moved from melbourne to perth

has anyone moved from melbourne to perth

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:48 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default has anyone moved from melbourne to perth

hello

I am researching a move to Perth from Melbourne with 2 dogs a car and a house full of furniture, does anyone have any experience in how to go about doing this move as cheaply and as quickly as possible?

laura
x
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:55 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: has anyone moved from melbourne to perth

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hello

I am researching a move to Perth from Melbourne with 2 dogs a car and a house full of furniture, does anyone have any experience in how to go about doing this move as cheaply and as quickly as possible?

laura
x
& no boyfriend ?????
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:01 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
& no boyfriend ?????

he is a twat - i have pm'd u
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Nooooooooooooo I won't let you leave until we have met for a coffee or something
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice

Hi Laura

I have sent you a email hope you got it

hope to see you soon
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

griffinfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=lauralollipop]hello

Hi Laura

We moved from Wodonga NE Vic to Perth in March this year
so hopefully our experiences may help!

We had the furniture moved by Grace removals they done this by train, it took about a week i think but as we were in a holiday let for 2 weeks it didn't really matter but then it was just a phone call for them to deliver when we found a house.

We bought the dog and cat by jet pets from mel to perth but boarded them at mel until we had a house.

Then we drove across with enough luggage for 2 wks and 3 children we done this because it was cheaper than shipping the car and paying the air fare. Plus it gave the children a sense of how big australia really is. All went well no hiccups a little boring at times but we had 2 portable dvd players for us all in the car which passed the time.

If you need some info on prices etc just pm me hope this helps and good luck

Nicky
X
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 5:31 am

[QUOTE=griffinfamily]
hello

Hi Laura

We moved from Wodonga NE Vic to Perth in March this year
so hopefully our experiences may help!

We had the furniture moved by Grace removals they done this by train, it took about a week i think but as we were in a holiday let for 2 weeks it didn't really matter but then it was just a phone call for them to deliver when we found a house.

We bought the dog and cat by jet pets from mel to perth but boarded them at mel until we had a house.

Then we drove across with enough luggage for 2 wks and 3 children we done this because it was cheaper than shipping the car and paying the air fare. Plus it gave the children a sense of how big australia really is. All went well no hiccups a little boring at times but we had 2 portable dvd players for us all in the car which passed the time.

If you need some info on prices etc just pm me hope this helps and good luck

Nicky
X
hi Nicky

thanks for your reply, please can you PM me some prices and contact numbers for these people, especially the removals and the pets please, thanks..

laura
x

Telkio yes we will deffo meet up, I will be in city next Friday night if you fancy arranging a meet up in Southbank???

Playbunny, I havent got your email, but i have a new email address, PM me and I'll PM you back
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 10:22 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

hello

laura
x
Hi Laura, I did the move a long time ago and I got the removalists in for the furniture, put the train on the car and got on the plane from Melb to Perth (after staying with friends for a few nights ) just one tip, the car alone on the train is a bit expensive, but if you fly, you can put the dogs on as excess baggage, this cost me $10.00 for the dog (standard poodle )and $35 to hire the pet cage. A lot cheaper than I was quoted for the pet removalists. If you speak to the airline, there may be specials for $150.00 one way. Then you save on that as well. I have done the drive as well, might be the way to go, but you will still need the removalist. Hope this helps, the excess baggage thingy for the pets is not a well known thing so check up with the airline.I flew Qantas. Good luck, Suzette at Cedar Cottage.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Hi Laura, I did the move a long time ago and I got the removalists in for the furniture, put the train on the car and got on the plane from Melb to Perth (after staying with friends for a few nights ) just one tip, the car alone on the train is a bit expensive, but if you fly, you can put the dogs on as excess baggage, this cost me $10.00 for the dog (standard poodle )and $35 to hire the pet cage. A lot cheaper than I was quoted for the pet removalists. If you speak to the airline, there may be specials for $150.00 one way. Then you save on that as well. I have done the drive as well, might be the way to go, but you will still need the removalist. Hope this helps, the excess baggage thingy for the pets is not a well known thing so check up with the airline.I flew Qantas. Good luck, Suzette at Cedar Cottage.
thanks chick
x
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Hi Laura, I did the move a long time ago and I... put the train on the car
A very big car?
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Telkio yes we will deffo meet up, I will be in city next Friday night if you fancy arranging a meet up in Southbank???
Sure, whereabouts in Southbank will you be and what time?
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I can honestly say, I've never know any Aussie to do this Successfully, they always come back... Main complaints being "it's full of Poms" and "its very violent" . Whereas only 40pct come back ffrom Q'land.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 4th 2006 at 10:56 am.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I can honestly say, I've never know any Aussie to do this Successfully, they always come back... Main complaints being "it's full of Poms" and "its very violent" . Whereas only 40pct come back ffrom Q'land.

oh im scared now!! Im having a crisis, trying to find a place to rent from over here, and its costing $3000 for stuff to be moved over. me and pets are going in car.......im worried now. I love melly but only going to perth as i have family there and have broken up with my boyf.......
can anyone give me any advice or does anyone know anyone who has a house to rent out to me asap???

laura
xx
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Dammit Laura, I didn't realise that. I will ask some people I know, to give me some bright sides of things. I think one of the reasons is one problem that you wont have, and thats Isolation from family and freinds.

Very sorry to hear this news.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:52 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

oh im scared now!! Im having a crisis, trying to find a place to rent from over here, and its costing $3000 for stuff to be moved over. me and pets are going in car.......im worried now. I love melly but only going to perth as i have family there and have broken up with my boyf.......
can anyone give me any advice or does anyone know anyone who has a house to rent out to me asap???

laura
xx
Hi Laura, I replied to someones post on 29/11/05 about driving from Melb to Perth as I have done it a few times on my own with kids. There was some interesting info from others as well as myself so try to find it. Sorry I do not know how to direct you in doing that...good luck with the trip and as to long term rentals, just hit the agents as soon as you get to the area you want and you should be fine. Suzette.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.