Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone moved from Melbourne to Brisbane

Has anyone moved from Melbourne to Brisbane

Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:07 am
Just Joined

morris5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone moved from Melbourne to Brisbane

We have come here to have an adventure - we can live anywhere in Austalia so we feel why waste time if we are not feeling happy about where we are. We are looking forward to the next part of the adventure now.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
How far from Brisbane CBD are you prepared to go ?
Bayside is one area that is great for families with young kids.

We moved from Sydney to Brisbane, but via the UK
Hi Morris5,

First of all I hope that you guys find a place where you'll be happy

I lived in Melbourne for a couple of years and loved it but I was single at that time.

Now I'm married with a 4 year old kid and we decided to move to Cleveland in Bayside. It's around 30 Km from CBD and train takes around 50 minutes.

We will be moving there since from my research it seems a nice family area, close to shore and most people seem very friendly.

Like ABCDiamond, bayside seems a nice family area but I am sure that there are many other great areas also closer to CBD.

Good luck!

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I reckon how quickly and easily you get settled is more to do with your own personal situation than your physical location.

BB
I agree. Obviously physical location plays a part but in general people could just as easily settle in a location that suits them in Melbourne as in Brisbane. Maybe smaller cities are slightly more laid back? Really depends what suits you.

Sounds like a warmer place suits this family. Maybe consider Perth as well as it is more of a beach place than Brisbane. Or Gold/Sunshine Coasts. I reckon places like Coffs Harbour should be considered too.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Apologies if this is off-topic but I was in Sandgate at the weekend and at a superficial level it seems like a really nice suburb. Is there a reason why the southside suburbs like Bayside are favoured over Sandgate?
Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:30 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Steve2009
Apologies if this is off-topic but I was in Sandgate at the weekend and at a superficial level it seems like a really nice suburb. Is there a reason why the southside suburbs like Bayside are favoured over Sandgate?
From what I have heard locally, it is purely down to people talking those northern bayside areas down all the time, as it was, at one time, not as good an area.

However, things change, places change, and in my own opinion it isn't a bad area. South Bayside is better for us due to travel to the City though.

Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

I asked girlfriend's mother and she just said that they have the reputation of being cheap houses. Some of the houses on the waterfront were beautiful.