Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone migrated from the UK to SA Adelaide...?

Has anyone migrated from the UK to SA Adelaide...?

Old Oct 15th 2006, 3:28 pm
Smiley

angelicangela is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Has anyone migrated from the UK to SA Adelaide...?

More help / info needed on which suburb best suits a british family of 4 (includes 2 children age 10 & 6 yrs)

Soo much choice - all suggestions / recommendations would be welcome!

Thanks in advance
Angelicangela
Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:30 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone migrated from the UK to SA Adelaide...?

Originally Posted by angelicangela
More help / info needed on which suburb best suits a british family of 4 (includes 2 children age 10 & 6 yrs)

Thanks in advance
Angelicangela
Try here Angela
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits
................... mm
Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:33 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

l'm sure someone has

Need to know your price range before l can recommend suburbs, perhaps look at realestate.com.au
Houses in Adelaide are alot more affordable the Perth, Sydney and melbourne.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Oct 15th 2006 at 8:36 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:11 pm
Smiley

Thanks Lots

Will take 5 to have a look at the sites in more detail.

Keep the suggestions coming.

With regards to money, renting is our option initially just wanted some advise on location? If we were to buy we would look at around £300k+

Angela
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lots

With regards to money, renting is our option initially just wanted some advise on location? If we were to buy we would look at around £300k+

Angela

hi angela

Im off to adelaide in Jan, but a long way from adelaide. The area I looked at was some way from adelaide, Gawler, seems to be large enough to cater for most price ranges, and seems to be plenty of amenities. Mind have only passed through and done research on the net.

It is about 1 hour from adelaide so might just be too far out.

hope this helps, if only to dismiss it as not an option.

regards

lolly
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:51 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Lots

Angela
That is enough to get a good family sized house in a good suburb, The best suburbs near the city are North Adelaide, Unley and Eastern suburbs such as St.Peters College Park, Kensington, Norwood. There are also some nice suburbs further out around the Adelaide hills.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:21 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance
Angelicangela
Hi there,

We are looking at going out to Adelaide next year as long as our VISA app is succesful.

We have got 4 kids so area is very important to us too.

We found this site very good indeed.

http://www.adelaidebound.com/
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:45 am
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of

Thanks Lots

Angela
There are lots of good family friendly suburbs that would fit into your price bracket.have a look at realestate.com.au you will get a feel for what this will buy you.If you go onto the individual council websites,you can also get quite a bit of demographic info.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:59 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Has anyone migrated from the UK to SA Adelaide...?

Thanks Lots

Angela
£300k = $741k.

For that kind of money, you could buy just about anywhere you liked. Athelstone would be an excellent choice; click here for examples.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
£300k = $741k.

For that kind of money, you could buy just about anywhere you liked.

I thought that too

I wonder if they meant dollars though
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:22 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Has anyone migrated from the UK to SA Adelaide...?

Originally Posted by Wendy
I thought that too

I wonder if they meant dollars though
Well, you never know! :scared:
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:13 pm
Smiley

Hi Vash & Wendy

You are RIGHT I did mean $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - god if I had over 700$ I would definitely not be asking!!

Thanks everyone else for your help!

Angela
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vash & Wendy

You are RIGHT I did mean $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - god if I had over 700$ I would definitely not be asking!!

Angela

You'll still be able to get something nice, in a decent area
Old Oct 19th 2006, 4:57 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Has anyone migrated from the UK to SA Adelaide...?

Hi Vash & Wendy

Angela

Some nice suburbs to consider: Oakden, Yatala Vale, Fairview Park, Banksia Park, Tea Tree Gully, St Agnes, Surrey Downs, Northfield, Greenacres, Dernan Court.

Try a property search in these suburbs for houses around the $300k mark at www.realestate.com.au

Old Oct 19th 2006, 11:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Our on arrival accom was in Surrey Downs and I can highly recommend it. Very family friendly school with terrific teachers. Close to Modbury with Tea Tree Plaza shopping centre, there are a couple of medical clinics, tons of parks and buses into the city. When I was taking the bus, it took me about 1/2 hour from my house which was the last stop on the bus route to the CBD. It takes a little longer if you drive as the buses take a special busway that cuts out a lot of time.
Our rental house is in Klemzig, which is much closer to the city and also on the busway. Klemzig is an old German settlement and there is still a lot of the old German influence there. There are also lots of parks, a bikeway all along the River Torrens and a huge reserve.
Don't just go by house prices, but take a good look around the area both during the day and at night so you can get a feel for the place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.