Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Migrated with CIMA qualification?

Has Anyone Migrated with CIMA qualification?

Old May 15th 2008, 7:34 am
Just Joined

JustPeachy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has Anyone Migrated with CIMA qualification?

Ok firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong place...but I am new and this is my first and unfortunately hurried post. I am CIMA qualified and hoping to be heading to Perth next summer on skilled visa.

I've heard countless tales of people struggling to find work because their qualification is unrecognised. This is making me worry about my prospects of finding reasonable work, within the first couple of months of arriving.

So my question is this - has anyone migrated with the CIMA qualification? Did you find work ok at the outset, or only once CA/CPA (or other further) studies were completed? I'd love to hear from anyone who has been in a similar position.

Thanks!
Old May 15th 2008, 8:45 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Has Anyone Migrated with CIMA qualification?

Originally Posted by JustPeachy
Ok firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong place...but I am new and this is my first and unfortunately hurried post. I am CIMA qualified and hoping to be heading to Perth next summer on skilled visa.

I've heard countless tales of people struggling to find work because their qualification is unrecognised. This is making me worry about my prospects of finding reasonable work, within the first couple of months of arriving.

So my question is this - has anyone migrated with the CIMA qualification? Did you find work ok at the outset, or only once CA/CPA (or other further) studies were completed? I'd love to hear from anyone who has been in a similar position.

Thanks!
Yes, lots of us (I am an FCMA). Suggest you look at the sub-forum for accountants and you'll find the answers you need. I'm in Perth and have had no problem getting a good job.

PM me if you want more info.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Last edited by SunshineGirl; May 15th 2008 at 8:47 am.
Old May 15th 2008, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I've been reading the threads with rapt interest...it's definitely food for thought.
Old May 15th 2008, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

We are emigrating to Melbourne in Aug, on a skilled PR visa...
all done based on hubby's CIMA qualifications.

He's been in touch with various agencies over there that have told him there shouldn't be any trouble finding work.
Some companies may want you to do a few more exams, but you may not necessarily have to do them.
Old May 18th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your input & Congratulations! I bet August can't come around quickly enough for you guys.. best of luck for your new life.

Can I ask if your OH has a degree or any other 'tertiary' training aswell as CIMA?

The reason I ask is that I'm wondering about trying to take on some extra studying in the next year, before we come to Oz. I'm just trying to weigh it all up now as it will be a tough year if I do (i'm going back to work after maternity leave etc etc)..but it might just allow me to get a faster start out in Oz. Not sure...
Old May 18th 2008, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JustPeachy
Thanks for your input & Congratulations! I bet August can't come around quickly enough for you guys.. best of luck for your new life.

Can I ask if your OH has a degree or any other 'tertiary' training aswell as CIMA?

The reason I ask is that I'm wondering about trying to take on some extra studying in the next year, before we come to Oz. I'm just trying to weigh it all up now as it will be a tough year if I do (i'm going back to work after maternity leave etc etc)..but it might just allow me to get a faster start out in Oz. Not sure...
Are you looking at the Deakin MBA?