Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has anyone just sent off form to dimia

Wikiposts

has anyone just sent off form to dimia

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:27 pm
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future
Default Re: has anyone just sent off form to dimia

I just DHL'd everything to DIMIA in Brisbane, under the ENS program.

Were waiting an age for the UK police check from my partner. I had a flap, where I thought I'd been out of the UK for 10 and a bit years, but it was 9 and a bit. But only need a police check for living 12 months in the past 10 years so should be OK. (UK Police check took longer than the 40 days, but my GF's surname is Smith, so would need more research than some.).

Soon to be employers were told by DIMIA it should take 2-3 weeks to process. I'm counting off the days.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser
Pikey fans from Gillingham, who'd have thought it
i thought you would appear as soon as westham was mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ready for game tonight ?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by glennandkate
I am a bit of a floater I must admit I keep an eye on west ham as my dad was big supporter(brought up in east ham).Hubby and son are Millwall :scared: Daughter, well won't even mention that team (wear red and everyone hates them )and as we live in Gillingham I go to their matches a few times a year as is walking distance... I'm not what you would call loyal...
And I am still undecided as to Oz. Have decided Joondalup if end up in WA or Mackay if end up in QLD. Just got to decide what side has better prospects for hubbys job.
Just keeping fingers crossed for positive TRA at the mo.
Good Luck on your application
I have got an uncle in gillingham and one in chatham but dont know area well.in my house millwall is a swear word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!still its all in the fun of football.You say you are still undecided about oz could i ask why?I seem to be abnormal as i can not wait not one reason i want to stay in uk?The only thing i will miss is my little shihtzu as he is my baby he is only 3 and just found out he is seriously ill so has to stay here.But big sister with a big heart is taking him in
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:52 am
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by upthehammers
I have got an uncle in gillingham and one in chatham but dont know area well.in my house millwall is a swear word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!still its all in the fun of football.You say you are still undecided about oz could i ask why?I seem to be abnormal as i can not wait not one reason i want to stay in uk?The only thing i will miss is my little shihtzu as he is my baby he is only 3 and just found out he is seriously ill so has to stay here.But big sister with a big heart is taking him in
So sorry about your dog, it must be like leaving one of the kids. Mind you I'd leave my kids over my dog anyday
Im not confused about going to Oz, just where in Oz. Can't wait to leave Tony Blair, David Cameron et al. The problems I am having is we have friends and family in Perth and they are all begging us to go there but I am a little worried that once you leave the Perth area it is so far away from anything and anywhere. Whereas QLD does seem a bit more populated and to me it seems like such a beautiful place. I think it would be my dream destination. My om has been offered a few jobs in QLD already and other firms have told him to make contact as soon as we reach Oz. But then the Perth thing comes back as we have contacts there.
Dont know what to do!!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glennandkate
So sorry about your dog, it must be like leaving one of the kids. Mind you I'd leave my kids over my dog anyday
Im not confused about going to Oz, just where in Oz. Can't wait to leave Tony Blair, David Cameron et al. The problems I am having is we have friends and family in Perth and they are all begging us to go there but I am a little worried that once you leave the Perth area it is so far away from anything and anywhere. Whereas QLD does seem a bit more populated and to me it seems like such a beautiful place. I think it would be my dream destination. My om has been offered a few jobs in QLD already and other firms have told him to make contact as soon as we reach Oz. But then the Perth thing comes back as we have contacts there.
Dont know what to do!!!!
I agree leave kids take dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have picked sunshine coast as brother in law lives there.He also owns his own company so we both have jobs waiting.Never been to perth so can not comment but i did fall in love with sunshine coast.Loved a place called chancellor park in sippy downs.Its quite a big community with schools ect nearby.Coming from london i didnt want to end up in middle of nowhere as kids not used to that.I would go with your heart and your dream at the end of the day you all still will live in the same country better than what they have got at moment with you in uk.Also having jobs lined up its much better for yourselves.You only live once so go for it.At most if you realise its a mistake then move to Perth.But if you do not give it a go you might always regret it.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:39 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

i thought you would appear as soon as westham was mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ready for game tonight ?
I'm up and ready, 6.40 am .........Deanooooooooooo !!!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

sunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant future

We have just got an email from our agent to say our forms have been sent yesterday.Is there anyone who is at the same stage as us?Tra was approaved in december.We are independant skilled.Ithink the form just gone is 47sk.Iwould just like to keep in touch with anyone in same position as us as i think this helps you stop stressing if you know someone else hasnt heard anything or when meds are req ect................
hi there

we got our tra dec 29 sent 136 jan 10th cant get off this bloody computer
i think it will be the longest 6mnth (hopefully) in my life.

i cant stand waiting no patience

xx

Last edited by sunshine9599; Jan 23rd 2006 at 6:56 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Back2Oz is on a distinguished road

Same... ish
No MODL, ACS instead of TRA (IT equivalent).
Submitted in Dec, Receipt from DIMIA on 7th Jan.

What's with unrequested Medicals? is there an advantage?