Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone got anything good to say about the 'Migration Bureau'?

Has anyone got anything good to say about the 'Migration Bureau'?

Old Apr 15th 2006, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

cartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nicecartel is just really nice
Question Has anyone got anything good to say about the 'Migration Bureau'?

Hello everyone,

Has anyone out there used the 'Migration Bureau'?

We are currently using them and would appreciate any comments on how efficient they were/are and likely costs involved.

Thanks
Old Apr 15th 2006, 5:09 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone got anything good to say about the 'Migration Bureau'?

Originally Posted by cartel
Hello everyone,

We are currently using them and would appreciate any comments on how efficient they were/are and likely costs involved.

Thanks
that`ll be a no then
Old Apr 16th 2006, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hello everyone,

Thanks
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
We were badly ripped off & so were some friends of ours!
Kaz x
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:18 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Hello everyone,

Thanks
I knew of a couple in the UK who were being badly ripped off by them.

Tracey x

Last edited by Hilton`s; Apr 17th 2006 at 10:29 am. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

Hello everyone,

Thanks
Hi
I would get out now, we were ripped off big time. 4 months after we terninated their services we got another bill for £135 for storing something in archives. Please feel free to pm me if you want to know more. Tracy
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:34 pm
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alinora9
Hi
I would get out now, we were ripped off big time. 4 months after we terninated their services we got another bill for £135 for storing something in archives. Please feel free to pm me if you want to know more. Tracy
It gets worse doesn`t it? Surely there must be some way of reporting these bandits and getting them stopped!

Tracey x
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:40 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Thanks

I think I would have asked this question before using them. Hope they do good for you.!

Oh dear! I have just read the threads above.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

hank is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Has anyone got anything good to say about the 'Migration Bureau'?

they cost us a small fortune, then we had the good sence to go to Allan Collet I have only praise for Go matilda
Old Apr 17th 2006, 1:06 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Thanks
if you have ant problems with them like the other posts mention just report them to MARA
Old Apr 18th 2006, 3:49 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

When I received my last bill from them it was for almost 1000.00 pounds, I complained about excessive billing and threatened to complain to MARA I received 35% discount straight away.

I have since closed my account.

the service was fine, but the billing was waaaaay too expensive.

my advice, steer sell clear of them.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

paulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura about

Hello everyone,

Thanks
We used migration bureau for getting our visa's. we knew that they were going to be expensive as my sister and mother had previously used them, but we decided to go with them as they got the visa's for them also. We received our visas earlier this month, the process started in May last year, so in all it hasn't taken that long. however we had to fast track most of it as my husband turned 40 in December and we had to get the application in before then. the migration bureau were very good and even though it cost us about £4,500 in all (including TRA, medicals and VISA application) we felt that it was worth using someone who other family members had recommended and their pass rate is 99.9%.
If you have any other questions while going through the process please ask as we were fortunate enough to have had family go through it beforehand whom we could pose questions to with out it costing money. all i would say it be careful about contacting them unnecessarily as this can cost up to £45.00 a go. The bills do mount up quickly. A word of advise is if you have any queries concerning bills contact Pat Miller in accounts at the New Zealand office as she was very helpful and even reduced some bills where we felt there was a discrepancy of some sort.
Best of luck.
Where abouts are you planning on living?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:31 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulaljones
We used migration bureau for getting our visa's. we knew that they were going to be expensive as my sister and mother had previously used them, but we decided to go with them as they got the visa's for them also. We received our visas earlier this month, the process started in May last year, so in all it hasn't taken that long. however we had to fast track most of it as my husband turned 40 in December and we had to get the application in before then. the migration bureau were very good and even though it cost us about £4,500 in all (including TRA, medicals and VISA application) we felt that it was worth using someone who other family members had recommended and their pass rate is 99.9%.
If you have any other questions while going through the process please ask as we were fortunate enough to have had family go through it beforehand whom we could pose questions to with out it costing money. all i would say it be careful about contacting them unnecessarily as this can cost up to £45.00 a go. The bills do mount up quickly. A word of advise is if you have any queries concerning bills contact Pat Miller in accounts at the New Zealand office as she was very helpful and even reduced some bills where we felt there was a discrepancy of some sort.
Best of luck.
Where abouts are you planning on living?
but that was exactly my problem with them, when I mailed Pat Miller she also very quickly deducted 30%. Why should you have to complain in the first place about discrepancies ?