Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone got 2 British passports?

Has anyone got 2 British passports?

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has anyone got 2 British passports?

Legally that is!

My husband's boss has suggested he gets a second passport so that if his passport is in some embassy getting a visa he can travel on the second one.

I've had a look at the UK passports site but can't see how to do this. Any ideas?
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Has anyone got 2 British passports?

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Legally that is!

My husband's boss has suggested he gets a second passport so that if his passport is in some embassy getting a visa he can travel on the second one.

I've had a look at the UK passports site but can't see how to do this. Any ideas?
Depends, maybe he can, have a look at this thread

http://www.gapyear.com/boards/index....f=121&t=199174
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 4:04 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, my brother has two British Passports as one of his passports is often in an embassy somewhere getting a visa put in while he needs to travel. He also has to travel to some countries that don't like you to go to certain other countries (Israel, Saudi, Iran, Syria etc). So he has to get the stamps in specific passports! I also can't find how - but I'll ask him how he does it.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 4:07 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Found this: http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hub...sport-my-33725

and : http://www.passportservices.co.uk/se....php?id=12#asp
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, very useful.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tking
Yes, my brother has two British Passports as one of his passports is often in an embassy somewhere getting a visa put in while he needs to travel. He also has to travel to some countries that don't like you to go to certain other countries (Israel, Saudi, Iran, Syria etc). So he has to get the stamps in specific passports! I also can't find how - but I'll ask him how he does it.
Is he just a mere mortal or someone important like a diplomat?
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 11:15 am
Just Joined

steve_chal is an unknown quantity at this point

I have two fully valid British Passports. I had to provide a letter from my employer explaining that due to excessive travel commitments one passport would be in an embassy getting a new visa while I would require the other to travel.
This was a great option while I was a British resident but when I got my Australian PR visa it can only be in one of those passports, therefore the advantage of putting one passport into and embassy while I travel on the other is lost as if the one with the PR visa is in the embassy I would be unable to leave OZ with the other passport as I couldn't get back into the country. I hope that has answered your question.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Yes I have 2 valid British passports and a valid Australian Passport
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_chal
I have two fully valid British Passports. I had to provide a letter from my employer explaining that due to excessive travel commitments one passport would be in an embassy getting a new visa while I would require the other to travel.
This was a great option while I was a British resident but when I got my Australian PR visa it can only be in one of those passports, therefore the advantage of putting one passport into and embassy while I travel on the other is lost as if the one with the PR visa is in the embassy I would be unable to leave OZ with the other passport as I couldn't get back into the country. I hope that has answered your question.
Yes, I have two British passports for the same reason when I was travelling to Africa and Middle east out of UK...but has they have different photos, dates, numbers, etc I can only have my Oz visa in one of them.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:14 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Is he just a mere mortal or someone important like a diplomat?
Very much mere mortal - just has to travel to various places for work.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone - didn't think of the Australian PR issue (although I probably should have done because our son has his PR stamp in his Singapore passport and couldn't get it put into his British passport, which he only got later). Just as well I found this out BEFORE we spent money on a new passport!
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_chal
Simple solution - send the one WITHOUT the PR visa to the embassy.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Of course! Why didn't I think of that?!