Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone flown with EVA airlines?

Has anyone flown with EVA airlines?

Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

KangaRay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone flown with EVA airlines?

Hello

We've booked our one-way tickets for January with EVA airlines. Touching down for an hour in Bangkok and then for another hour at Taipei before heading to Brisbane.

Booked them through Flightcentre who bettered DialAFlight and they were really good value. Never heard of EVA though but we thought what the hell it's only one way!

Anyone got any experience of them?

KangaRay
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Has anyone flown with EVA airlines?

Originally Posted by KangaRay
Hello

We've booked our one-way tickets for January with EVA airlines. Touching down for an hour in Bangkok and then for another hour at Taipei before heading to Brisbane.

Booked them through Flightcentre who bettered DialAFlight and they were really good value. Never heard of EVA though but we thought what the hell it's only one way!

Anyone got any experience of them?

KangaRay
Hi KR. I shall be able to give an opinion before you go, as we have flights booked with Eva in October.

Flying Taiwanese is a bit scarey, but I did a search and they have good customer reports. You also have the option to upgrade to better seats and entertainment for only £20 pp. I keep meaning to get onto them and do that.

They've been flying into Brisbane for some time, so i'm told, and have a good rep locally. (my OH's son works near the airport).

I'm surprised they haven't been used by more BE's, but their prices are quite high, except for the cheapies I found. Q
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:14 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

There are several threads on EVA airlines.....some quite recent....try doing a search.

They are as good as most and better than many.

G
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:04 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Heard very good things about them, new 777 aircraft from London so I'm led to believe.

We were hoping to fly to Thailand on Eva in January to see how good they are but going with Thai instead as Eva Air were booked for when we are heading out, and I think it's an old 747 with no seat entertainment, best take a big book.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 6:06 am
skye

We came over with Eva in July - never heard of them before, but we booked business class £1k one way - excellent, would certainly use them again, the food and service was fantastic, the one hour stops go quickly and both airports are very nice but its a great feeling when you land in Brisbane!!! good luck!

Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

yep, we've flown with them, would certainly use them again - excellent.
S xx
Old Aug 19th 2007, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

ashbash is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I flew with Eva a good few yers ago to Thailand and they were fantastic, very helpful staff and plenty of food and drink. Would recommend.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

KangaRay is an unknown quantity at this point

Have found some reviews on line too.
Overall looks pretty good then. Phew!
Thanks all.
KangaRay
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by quercus
Hi KR. I shall be able to give an opinion before you go, as we have flights booked with Eva in October.

Flying Taiwanese is a bit scarey, but I did a search and they have good customer reports. You also have the option to upgrade to better seats and entertainment for only £20 pp. I keep meaning to get onto them and do that.

They've been flying into Brisbane for some time, so i'm told, and have a good rep locally. (my OH's son works near the airport).

I'm surprised they haven't been used by more BE's, but their prices are quite high, except for the cheapies I found. Q
£20 PP upgrade is that from economy to business! or just to better economy cos it would certainly save a fair whack if it is? Be very grateful if anyone knows need to book one way flights in near future
cheers sals
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sals
£20 PP upgrade is that from economy to business! or just to better economy cos it would certainly save a fair whack if it is? Be very grateful if anyone knows need to book one way flights in near future
cheers sals
Blimey I must get on to that...with so much on my mind loads gets forgotten. They had a name for the upgrade, not business, but I dont remember. Will try and check tomorrow. Hope they're not sold out on our flight yet.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

shergars ghost is an unknown quantity at this point

I HAVE FOUND EVA TO BE THE BEST AIRLINE. I HAD TO BE FLOWN HOME AS MEDICAL EMERGENCY FROM BANGKOK TO UK LAST YEAR AND HAVE USED THEM SINCE ON ALL VARIETIES OF SEATING. ECONOMY JUST AS GOOD DON'T BOOK DIRECT BUT VIA....... lastminute.com
FARES LOT CHEAPER. BEST LEGROOM, I'M 6'3'' AND LARGE, COURTEOUS STAFF, NEW STATE OF ART TV IN HEADREST
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

shergars ghost is an unknown quantity at this point

CONTINUED...... COMFORTABLE SEATING, CLEAN AND GOOD FOOD.....
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

:
Originally Posted by shergars ghost
I HAVE FOUND EVA TO BE THE BEST AIRLINE. I HAD TO BE FLOWN HOME AS MEDICAL EMERGENCY FROM BANGKOK TO UK LAST YEAR AND HAVE USED THEM SINCE ON ALL VARIETIES OF SEATING. ECONOMY JUST AS GOOD DON'T BOOK DIRECT BUT VIA....... lastminute.com
FARES LOT CHEAPER. BEST LEGROOM, I'M 6'3'' AND LARGE, COURTEOUS STAFF, NEW STATE OF ART TV IN HEADREST
Great! With your four legs needs the extra room of course!
Neigh neigh!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of

Gday,

We flew EVA coming to Brisbane in June business class great service all the way will use them again cost us £2800 for the 3 of us booked through Asda travel.

Cheers

Haggis