Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone flown to/from Aus on Vietnam Airlines/Air France?

Has anyone flown to/from Aus on Vietnam Airlines/Air France?

Old Jan 27th 2007, 9:51 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone flown to/from Aus on Vietnam Airlines/Air France?

What were they like?

Did they give you the confidence that the flight would be relatively crash-free?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:02 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Has anyone flown to/from Aus on Vietnam Airlines/Air France?

Has anyone flown anywhere with Vietnam Airlines?

Cheers
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Has anyone flown anywhere with Vietnam Airlines?

Cheers
Not one you see mentioned a lot.......I'm even done some searching and come up with less than not a lot.
Have you tried www.pprune.org/forums or http://www.airlinequality.com/ ?

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 28th 2007 at 2:38 am.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:39 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

What were they like?

Did they give you the confidence that the flight would be relatively crash-free?

Thanks in advance.
You know what they say....any landing you walk away from is a good one .....
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not one you see mentioned a lot.......I'm even done some searching and come up with less than not a lot.
I suspected there wouldn't be many (if any) that had used them but I thought no harm in asking.

Thanks for the link - I had a look and there doesn't seem to be much about them (a couple of questions but no replys).

Cheers

PS: I've just noticed you've added another link. Thanks.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jan 28th 2007 at 2:46 am.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:44 am
Account Closed

You know what they say....any landing you walk away from is a good one .....
A line that sticks in my head is from John Cleese when he appeared in an episode of Cheers. When asked, "how was your flight", he replied "relatively crash-free"
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:51 am
Account Closed

The second link seems to rank it alongside Aer Lingus and BMI which is not bad.

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:58 am
Home and Happy

The second link seems to rank it alongside Aer Lingus and BMI which is not bad.

Thanks
Yeah, I've seen worse reviews! I tried the Airline Disaster site, but it crashed the browser window, which wasn't a good sign!

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 28th 2007 at 3:02 am.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 3:36 am
Account Closed

Yeah, I've seen worse reviews! I tried the Airline Disaster site, but it crashed the browser window, which wasn't a good sign!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 10:49 am
kch
Forum Regular

kch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of light

What were they like?

Thanks in advance.
Wasn't going to comment on Vietnam Airlines as we didn't fly with them long haul but we flew with them from Shenzhen (a Chinese city bordering Hong Kong) to Hanoi years ago. The flight itself was ok. However, when the plane landed as it was slowing down, OH noticed something that looked like a lump of chewing gum stuck to the tyre. When it stopped, it came up to face us, we saw the tyre was worn through in one spot. We were a bit worried on the return journey.

Air France was pretty good though as far as we remember we flew UK to Hong Kong with them!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Looooise is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I wouldn't recommend using Air France at all, we flew with them in December to Perth and they missed our connecting flights on the way to Perth and the way back. We had to stay in Paris on the way out after queuing until 3am and then were booked onto a Malaysian Airlines flight the following day. Another passenger going to Melbourne was booked onto another flight via China and was going to have to wait another 12 hours when he got there to catch his connecting flight.

The flight we had to get from Singapore to Paris was so unconfortable I am sure it was about the same amount of room you would get on a short haul flight, it was rubbish! It was a bit cheaper than other airlines but not really by that much.

Lou
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:38 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

What were they like?

Thanks in advance.
Check out other passengers experience on Vietnam Airlines and then book something else

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/vietnam.htm

Air France is OK but really any saving on cost will be nothing compared to the time and hassle of all the stops. You'd be better off going with Singapore, Qantas, Malaysian blah blah. If nothing else at least you would have English speaking entertainment for several very long hours. Not that vietnam airlines has any of course!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Centurion
Check out other passengers experience on Vietnam Airlines and then book something else

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/vietnam.htm

Air France is OK but really any saving on cost will be nothing compared to the time and hassle of all the stops. You'd be better off going with Singapore, Qantas, Malaysian blah blah. If nothing else at least you would have English speaking entertainment for several very long hours. Not that vietnam airlines has any of course!
Thanks for that Centurion - coincidentally I found that one this morning and will now be looking elsewhere.

I think the plan is that we'll go with Singapore while the kids are still young and go with JAL when the kids are older (and can appreciate Japan a little more).

Cheers