Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has anyone ever been refused PR??

Wikiposts

has anyone ever been refused PR??

Old May 1st 2003, 9:00 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default has anyone ever been refused PR??

I know this is a bit of a downer, but the question that keeps popping into my mind is "what if we dont get in?". To begin with I was pretty confident but now Im getting a bit shaky! I want to go sooooo badly................
There are lots of threads on here from people who have been granted a visa, but I havent seen any from those who have been refused.(not that I want to!) But is this lulling us into a false sense of security? Or does it really happen? :scared:
Old May 1st 2003, 9:23 am

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anyone ever been refused PR??

Originally posted by teresa.c
I know this is a bit of a downer, but the question that keeps popping into my mind is "what if we dont get in?". To begin with I was pretty confident but now Im getting a bit shaky! I want to go sooooo badly................
There are lots of threads on here from people who have been granted a visa, but I havent seen any from those who have been refused.(not that I want to!) But is this lulling us into a false sense of security? Or does it really happen? :scared:
My agent said that I have all the points I need. If I don't get PR, I need to ask myself why. If you have all the points why would they reject you?
Old May 1st 2003, 9:28 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bored_bean
My agent said that I have all the points I need. If I don't get PR, I need to ask myself why. If you have all the points why would they reject you?
Well, this is what I keep asking myself, when I have my reasonable head on! But my other head is asking "what if......"
Old May 1st 2003, 9:33 am

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by teresa.c
Well, this is what I keep asking myself, when I have my reasonable head on! But my other head is asking "what if......"
It's only human to doubt. The longer the wait the bigger the doubt.
Old May 1st 2003, 9:47 am
Just Joined

pixie is an unknown quantity at this point

The first time we I applied I was refused all because we made a mistake on form, we used a sponsor that it turned out we could not use. !

Own fault for not reading the information and listening to someone else who it turned out was ill-informed, costly mistake.

But we re-applied under a different catergory and with some jiggery pokery got the visa. !!
Old May 1st 2003, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

We lodged the ($100,000) funds today. We would like to be in Brisbane early Sept 03 however we have a house to sell but I am too terrified to stick the house on the market until we get a visa, just in case. I feel I may be tempting fate if I do.

I have got myself so stressed out and and feeling very unsettled at the moment - this waiting game is **llocks and I truly empathise with everyone else waiting.

The strain is unbearable!
Old May 1st 2003, 10:36 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PADDAD
We lodged the ($100,000) funds today. We would like to be in Brisbane early Sept 03 however we have a house to sell but I am too terrified to stick the house on the market until we get a visa, just in case. I feel I may be tempting fate if I do.

I have got myself so stressed out and and feeling very unsettled at the moment - this waiting game is **llocks and I truly empathise with everyone else waiting.

We feel EXACTLY the same, its bitchin isn't it?
Old May 1st 2003, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Diana

Will be in same boat soon, whenever. Neighbours house on market good price,but we cant sell until we know. It has taken along time to get here.

footie chick
Old May 25th 2003, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice
Default Pr turned down in NZ

Hi - in answer to your question - yes we got turned down for PR despite husband getting job before we moved here and his boss had to prove he couldn't fill the position from Aussie or NZ.
The reason was because he has a very unusual job, it wasn't on NZQa's list of qualifications so they turned us down without a question. We then had to go to appeal, prove there was a shortage worldwide of this skill - get numerous personal references and refs from employers stating why it was important to them that we stayed on and $500 and one year later finally got aproved - Glad to say it was all worth it !
Old May 25th 2003, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

When I applied I put my house on the market way before I got accepted. I explained the situation to the estate agent and he accepted a condition of the sale as if I didn't get accepted I wouldn't sell.

I got a buyer within a week and had it written into the contract that sale was dependent on the visa. I had used an emigration agent and he had assured me my acceptance was certain within 3 months so I put the house up for sale towards the end of the 3 months. 6 months later I still hadn't got the visa and my buyers were climbing the wall. I told them they could withdraw if they wanted cos I wasn't signing untill I got the visa. A couple of weeks later I got the visa, signed the sale and voila, it all worked out for me.

Just the way I handled it, but for me it worked. This way 10 years ago as well.
Old May 25th 2003, 7:25 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

If you've lodged the $100k I reckon you should have a visa grant before the end of June ... fingers crossed for you!

Best regards.

Old May 25th 2003, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Di

Once youve got clear police and meds and youve been asked for the bond money, my advice is to put it on the mkt straight away.

It may take weeks or it may take months - who knows ?

Dont forget you will have a final entry date when PR is granted ! and like most you may not want to do an expensive validation trip if your house aint sold.

the worst thing that can happen is that you pull out just prior to exchnage - but you should be able to ask for an extension of exchange date due 2 waiting for your visa - Any normal buyer will understand; afterall it is not easy to find a home that you want. They would rather wait 2 weeks for example rather than starting the whole house-hunting process...

best of luck with your decision.