Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone else, noticed that things taste different in oz?

Wikiposts

Has anyone else, noticed that things taste different in oz?

Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Matt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud of
Default Has anyone else, noticed that things taste different in oz?

Hey,
Random thread, i know,but just wanted to see if it is only me that thought that the chocolate and sauces (brown mostly) tasted differently to England, kinda sweeter...

Please reply, so i dont think i am going senile...lol

Matt

xxx
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:03 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Has anyone else, noticed that things taste different in oz?

Originally Posted by Matt06
Hey,
Random thread, i know,but just wanted to see if it is only me that thought that the chocolate and sauces (brown mostly) tasted differently to England, kinda sweeter...

Matt

xxx
defo on the choccy, they put something in it to help preserve it in the warmer weather
dunno on the sauce though, my HP tastes the same and it's a bloody good job it does
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:05 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pleased to hear you can get brown sauce in Aus.I adore the stuff and i would seriously consider pulling the plug on the whole move if i could'nt get me hands on the stuff
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
I'm pleased to hear you can get brown sauce in Aus.I adore the stuff and i would seriously consider pulling the plug on the whole move if i could'nt get me hands on the stuff
it hasn't always been easy, it went off the shelves a few months back, i almost considered packing up and leaving
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:14 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt06
Hey,

Matt

xxx
Its called "Freedom"

Like how a kebab tastes great at 2am but not at 8am or 2pm

Like a pie tastes great at a football match - not so at home.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:16 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Has anyone else, noticed that things taste different in oz?

Totally agree on the chocolate, it's rank! Does anyone know if you can get salad cream in Oz as I couldnt find any when we were there, can't live without it! Luckily McDonalds taste the same - there is a god
Clairex
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:54 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Has anyone else, noticed that things taste different in oz?

Originally Posted by gedge
defo on the choccy, they put something in it to help preserve it in the warmer weather
Does anyone have any evidence to support this myth? Every time I see it, I have to ask myself why any company would find it necessary to preserve their chocolate against the effects of Australian weather.

It's not as if Australia's climate is a constant 30+ degrees all year round.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:59 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Its called "Freedom"

Like how a kebab tastes great at 2am but not at 8am or 2pm

Like a pie tastes great at a football match - not so at home.

Like a bag of chips after swimming, when you were a kid!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:01 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Does anyone have any evidence to support this myth? Every time I see it, I have to ask myself why any company would find it necessary to preserve their chocolate against the effects of Australian weather.

Does Cadbury's know that you are doing all this unpaid PR work for them? You are the one man Ambassador for Aussie Chocolate. Don't go to Adelaide, go to Hobart....you'll walk into a job at that factory!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:06 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
it hasn't always been easy, it went off the shelves a few months back, i almost considered packing up and leaving
good effort!!! you could have started a campaign.....S.O.S ....

SAVE OUR SAUCE
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:15 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Has anyone else, noticed that things taste different in oz?

Originally Posted by busterboy
Does Cadbury's know that you are doing all this unpaid PR work for them? You are the one man Ambassador for Aussie Chocolate. Don't go to Adelaide, go to Hobart....you'll walk into a job at that factory!
As if I'd do any PR for a UK company!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:16 am
A rather curious boy

As if I'd do any PR for a UK company!

What, not even for free chocolate?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:18 am

you're right Vash, i did wonder that as i typed
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

Wow, I'm relieved people are deciding to stay/move for all the right reasons.....
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:26 am
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: Has anyone else, noticed that things taste different in oz?

Originally Posted by busterboy
What, not even for free chocolate?
I think we both know you would get VERY sick of it VERY quickly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.