Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone else lost their appetite?

Has anyone else lost their appetite?

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:16 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice
Default Has anyone else lost their appetite?

Now this may just be me, but the closer we get to stepping on that plane the smaller my appetite has got. So much so that I can hardly eat a thing and the thought of eating makes me feel queasy and we've still 3 weeks to go!! - The upside of this is that I may have a body worthy of the beach yet

It has totaly taken me by surprise as normally in times of stress etc I do the complete opposite and pig out big time!!

Im not having 2nd thoughts and I am really looking forward to emmigrating and really excited and nervous but not looking forward to saying goodbye like everyone.

What I am wondering is how has/is making the move affecting everyone else?

Fiona
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Default Re: Has anyone else lost their appetite?

Originally Posted by Fionast
Now this may just be me, but the closer we get to stepping on that plane the smaller my appetite has got. So much so that I can hardly eat a thing and the thought of eating makes me feel queasy and we've still 3 weeks to go!! - The upside of this is that I may have a body worthy of the beach yet

It has totaly taken me by surprise as normally in times of stress etc I do the complete opposite and pig out big time!!

Im not having 2nd thoughts and I am really looking forward to emmigrating and really excited and nervous but not looking forward to saying goodbye like everyone.

Fiona

I wish.
Lorri
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:22 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Fiona

Classic sign of anxiety....enjoy this side affect and stop biting your nails when they get to knuckle stumps
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:27 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Originally Posted by busterboy
Classic sign of anxiety....enjoy this side affect and stop biting your nails when they get to knuckle stumps
I am enjoying it I have a few extra pounds to lose so it can only be good for me. Thankfully though I don't bite my nails!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:52 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

if only stress would stop me eating!!!!

I will just about fit the seat at the rate I am going....
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:00 pm
We're here in Brissie

Originally Posted by ElshaUK

That's what normaly happens to me!!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:25 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ElshaUK]if only stress would stop me eating!!!!

I will just about fit the seat at the rate I am going.... [/QUOTE

You'll be one of those big buggers that always sit next to me....or should that be on me! I bet you'll eat your aeroplane meal with elbows like you are on motorbike and commondere the arm rest too!

I've met your kind before
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:28 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=busterboy]

I will just about fit the seat at the rate I am going.... [/QUOTE

You'll be one of those big buggers that always sit next to me....or should that be on me! I bet you'll eat your aeroplane meal with elbows like you are on motorbike and commondere the arm rest too!

I've met your kind before
Yep - that's me! However, I have never taken up anyone elses seat (cept the OH's). I think planes in general try to squeeze as many people in as possible. Just the differences between pitch and seat width between airlines, shows you that seats/leg room is not uniform in restrictions.

Of course, I am a little sensitive about this whole issue so shall keep quiet now It's all very well to make fun of myself....but I don't handle it too well when someone else makes fun of me.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:30 pm
A rather curious boy

[QUOTE=ElshaUK]
Originally Posted by busterboy

Yep - that's me! However, I have never taken up anyone elses seat (cept the OH's). I think planes in general try to squeeze as many people in as possible. Just the differences between pitch and seat width between airlines, shows you that seats/leg room is not uniform in restrictions.

Of course, I am a little sensitive about this whole issue so shall keep quiet now It's all very well to make fun of myself....but I don't handle it too well when someone else makes fun of me.
oh, I wasn't really I wasn't! It's my sense of humour...I rarely say anything serious.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

me too! totally opposite stress makes me scoff..an im doing weight watchers as well..had two bad days last week due to surveyor! Been to meeting tonight an put on a 1lb

im booking two seats for meself just in case.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:34 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by lollyno1
me too! totally opposite stress makes me scoff..an im doing weight watchers as well..had two bad days last week due to surveyor! Been to meeting tonight an put on a 1lb

Well my cold from hell meant cancelling my first appointment with my Personal Trainer....I kid you not, I really am a super sado!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:47 pm
Back in OZ!

[QUOTE=busterboy]

oh, I wasn't really I wasn't! It's my sense of humour...I rarely say anything serious.
Nah, you're ok

I am just up to eye balls in packing boxes, my last week at work and the realisation that 25.5lbs weight loss might be fantastic but is no where near enough to satisfy myself when I am flying in 4 weeks! (Had hoped for 50lbs)

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:47 pm
We're here in Brissie

Not sad just obsessive

On the other hand I'd love a personal trainer
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:50 pm
Back in OZ!

Originally Posted by lollyno1

I am doing WW too but what with my schedule being allover the place - have stopped meetings now (until I get to Perth).

I maintained last week but have no idea for this week. Sorry for your 1lb gain! I am sure you will lose it again real soon.

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:51 pm
A rather curious boy

Not sad just obsessive

On the other hand I'd love a personal trainer

No just had a baby, really packed it on. Just got the holiday photos back and in the corner is a Little Japanese/Icelandic guy with what appears to be a harpoon sneaking up on me.

It just can't go on!

Totally undertstand ElshaUK's wish for maximum poundage loss!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.